1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.24 Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Dec 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

No.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bg427

bg427
    Expand Collapse

Had a chance to finally mess about with it. Van remaster is fantastic, game seems to load faster on my slightly potato PC which is also an unexpected bonus.

Only issues I have are the couple of things people have already highlighted innumerable times - the top/bottom menu bar & radial wheel issues and the fact the camera bindings on the numpad no longer work due to a conflict with the menu navigation buttons, which seemingly cannot be re-binded to different keys whereas beforehand the game would just deal with the two different scenarios.Hopefully those issues will be getting addressed in the near future, but there's nothing 'game breaking' which ruins the enjoyment for me.

3. Drivesafe4

Drivesafe4
    Expand Collapse

It literally has. The truck has never respawned with the trailer attached. Do your homework.

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Idk what kind of extremely broken trailer mods you had been using but for me it was always respawning attached, though there was a bug shortly in 0.23 that the trailer would spawn next to the truck but a hotfix fixed it later

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Drivesafe4

Drivesafe4
    Expand Collapse

Never used any trailer mods. The truck has never respawned reattached to the trailer when I recovered it, so this isn't anything new to me.

6. mhegai

mhegai
    Expand Collapse

Mr Zeit spreding sum facts here
    On topic: besides the wendover water glitch i have no problems

7. EZX558

EZX558
    Expand Collapse

помогите мне

upload_2021-12-4_19-58-55.png

8. BullnoseBronco

BullnoseBronco
    Expand Collapse

I have not been able to download the newest update through my humble bundle link, the newest version on there is still 23.5.1.12888, I don't know if its just my link or there is an overall delay, but in my case I haven't gotten the updated version of the game

9. TroLLeX_

TroLLeX_
    Expand Collapse

20211204181333_1.jpg
    Mesh issue in Utah at this position

20211204181303_1.jpg

10. Belvedere58

Belvedere58
    Expand Collapse

Can the stitching in the Burnside interior be made optional if it can't be removed entirely? That just...doesn't fit the 1950s at all. Of all the things that this vehicle needed an upgrade on, this was an odd choice to make.

#610 Belvedere58, Dec 4, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Benny89

Benny89
    Expand Collapse

there has been many issues discussed already the big one being the controller key bindings. Can we have the option to select the old key layout? PLEASE?! PLease.... its been 10 years? and this change is something i don't like. the layout worked great before, and it takes a lot of configuring time that takes away the experience. #2. PERFORMANCE HIT! big time. My friend who is also big in beamNG still uses older hardware. The GPU is a 5870 HD, two days before the update rolled out we had it working perfectly with a new install of windows. Got 40-80fps The update now he only gets 15 FPS with all settings LOW possible. before he could play medium to high settings at 1650x . we have it at 1024 with the same results

12. racerwilson1 2

racerwilson1 2
    Expand Collapse

Standard d-series is stuck as default vehicle with a wierd texture glitch

13. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if someone has already reported this, but I found a missing 't' in the "fastest" in the description of the Highspeed Ring - Perimeter Time Trial on Grid Map V2:
    upload_2021-12-4_19-13-23.png

14. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

So after trying out 0.24 for a while over the past few days, I have come to the conclusion that it's a mixed bag overall. It feels half-baked at best, and the developers should've waited a few more weeks before pushing this major update out. The following applies to the 0.24.0.1 hotfix I have updated to.

I won't get into the remastered Pessima as that has been discussed quite a bit in terms of its issues (dirt on vehicle makes it stand out like a sore thumb over other official content vehicles, shiny interior, etc.), but the problem with paint color preview in the vehicle selection menu has persisted since 0.23 came out months ago. As a reminder, in 0.22 and earlier, the game would preview the default color of a given configuration. But all default color previews end up as chrome until you select a color for it to show it correctly. However, I forgot to mention that the selected color will turn into black upon selecting another configuration.

At least the license plate registration issues I pointed out in 0.23 were mostly addressed with this update; so far, I haven't encountered with plate registration loading issues on my end. Unfortunately, the Showroom level no longer loads (it simply hangs while loading endlessly, and closing the game in that state crashes the program), so I cannot comment if taking thumbnails in the Showroom have changed or not.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the vehicle selection menu itself takes longer to load up in this update, while in previous versions, it would take a second or two to load. With vehicle mods enabled, this loading time becomes even worse. Should I mention that I only needed to wait about 5 seconds maximum with such mods enabled in 0.23 and earlier? Now in 0.24, it requires about 30 seconds for me. Yes, I know that it could be caused by outdated or broken mods, but it's still worth mentioning anyway in case the redesigned UI is to blame (by the way, none of the mods I have enabled broke in the update). And speaking of which, going to the Main Menu while in a current game session results in the newer menu UI being overlaid on top of the session, which remains until you switch levels, exit the game, or go back to the session. Either you love it or hate it.

And one last thing regarding certain key bindings breaking on controllers that some people have reported. I found that it happens frequently if I go to the Options menu at any point before leaving it. This results in the d-pad, A and B buttons, LB and RB buttons, and even the left joystick when pressed (which brings up the beloved radial menu when it works correctly, steering by moving the joystick still works regardless) becoming unusable in-game until I exit the game and open it again. It's very problematic if one needs to change some settings in the Options menu while using a controller (here, I use a Logitech F310 Gamepad, which the game treats it as if I were using an Xbox controller). Essentially, the Options menu becomes a deathtrap for controllers in 0.24.

In conclusion, I can understand why some people are disappointed with the outcome of this major game update. Whether it'd be issues with the Pessima remaster, older bugs present in previous versions carried over, or newer ones introduced, this update should not have been released in this state, in my honest opinion. By waiting a few more weeks to iron out the bugs before releasing the 0.24 update, we would have received the recently revealed Bruckell Bastion to go along with the rest of the major update that would've been in a much more usable state.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ben carrier

ben carrier
    Expand Collapse

how to hide these annoying waypoints i cant record videos with them on my screen. here is a screenshot

Attached Files:

• Screenshot2021-12-04123204.png
  16. TheSomething

TheSomething
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Seems like tank was going to kill you lol. But yeah, that's problem

17. GresterC

GresterC
    Expand Collapse

Freeroam, Utah
    Longjump: Airstrip
    Not sure if the "scenario" is functioning as it should.
    Based on the in game description, it seems to be a long jump and ends as soon as your vehicle lands.
    Currently, the "scenario" is continues on until the vehicle lands and finally ends when the vehicle stops from mechanical failure.
    Not sure that this is what was intended in the script or the "scenario" description is off.

18. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Turn off Mission system from Gameplay tab in Options.

19. ben carrier

ben carrier
    Expand Collapse

thank you so much

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

The counter stops when the vehicle lands for me, after that the vehicle rolls a bit but it seems to be working fine. It should cut the engine though, it's weird having the throttle at 100% till the end unless you release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice