1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Translating BeamNG.Drive - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Where can i find the add a new language button???

2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

3. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

I understand that we have to just copy this "{{SomeText}}" and not translate text inside, right?

Also it's not answered do we have to translate strings like charpter_2_0_comictest or charpter_2_0_canyon and other Testmaps titles and descriptions of them? - It looks like most of this is your internal stuff that will not be released for community.

What about descriptions, some begin with capital letter and end with a dot, some begin with "small" letters and don't have dots at the end. Also titles where every word starts with capital letter, it have to stay like this? I think one type should be choosen to stay consistant.

What about "Rallycross Long Course" I translated it as "Rally Long Course" because it's rally course, rallycross is something way different.

Also Zen mode is very usefull, but open like 700 strings at once and it can crash even very good PC, but to stay consistent I try to open as much strings in zen mode to just copy if something was translated before it prevents me from doing typos, non consistent translations and overall to have less work, so can you make option to load all strings at once?

Sorry that I ask so many questions, but they haven't been explained, and I'd like to do my job as good as possible, which will also be your company showcase, well I know Poland isn't that big country, and english is the most important here, but when I do something it have to be done as good as possible, and some of this questions may help others too.

4. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

I've answered this on previous page :) , no need to translate this one atm

5. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

Yes you did, here:
    http://beamng.com/threads/translating-beamng-drive-feedback-thread.30230/page-8#post-447099
    But question was only about "charpter_2_0_comictest comic test", and your answer was "This one doesn't need translation , thanks for the report !" which isn't 100% clear, and another guy got confused too, so at post #157 I told him that you answered it, but I'm still not 100% sure if it was only to "this one" (example) or to all strings family like this, but no answer and no clarification.

So we don't have to translate strings that look like this "charpter_#_#_title - some text" right? We don't have to translate strings that are obviously only for internal test like "GridTireTest" or "Demolition Derby (...) only for internal tests, not in public version", right?

What about rest? Nobody answered me what to do with "Rallycross Long Course" scenario - I told about it twice before, it is a minor mistake, but it is a mistake, nobody can correct it? Or answer me? I get it, you guys are busy, but simple short answer like "thx for report, noted" or "thx, but we'll leave it as it is, because it would require more changes, we don't have time for it now" or simple "stfu, nobody cares" :D - Better than saying nothing, like you'd ignore, which isn't for first time.

Sorry for asking about {{variable}} - I should have looked in to wiki first :/ Gonna translate strings with'em now.

6. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

Should i translate this

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_20160921-193533.png
  7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Two post above you:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

@Vinh is now "Mentor" for Vietnamese translation

Always feel free to ask when you have question :) About the "Rallycross Long Course" , it's forwarded , but always keep in mind the game is in devellopement , many thing are subject to changes .

• Like Like x 2
  9. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

How should i translate map names? Should i keep the same or translate it? (As maps like Dry Rock Island or Jungle rock Island may sound very strange) and app names as well (Since the word debug does not exist in any Vietnamese things, even the dictionaries and google translate)

#169 Vinh, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Map names should stay the same.
    If debug doesn't exist, just keep debug (I did the same for Italian, it's a quite specific term from English, not present in our language aswell)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

What exactly is vr, virtual reality???

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_20160923-230625.png
  12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Yes. The biome of Gridmap is VR.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gouranga

Gouranga
    Expand Collapse

Hi, could you please make me the responsible guy for Czech translation?

14. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

Can I tell here that I would like to be responsible of the Dutch language with someone else? I am Dutch myself and have translated quite alot over the time already. I don't use any translate machines like Google Translate and I also did the first 100 translations when I created Dutch in the list.

15. TheDarkGhost

TheDarkGhost
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I'm Welsh and fluent in Welsh (or 'Cymraeg' as it's called in our language).

I would be more than happy to contribute to the Cymraeg translations of the game :)

16. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

You are now added for Czech translation ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

You are both added for your respective languages , thank you for your contributions :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

Oe and thank you for adding me to the Dutch language :D You're great man

19. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

#179 tdev, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  20. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice