1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

2TB D drive, let's say I won't have to worry about space for a long time ;)

2. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Thanks alot for the help you all! Yes my c drive has only 16 gb of 110gb space free so that could be one thing. I also have found out that nearly every driver was outdated and i was way behind on windows updates that was the reason why i couldnt disable the gaming mode. I will also use the space sniffer now to see what i can delete on the drive to free more space!
    EDIT:
    So as it turns out Beam ng uses the most space because of the mods is there a way that you can store the mods on a diffrent drive but still have them usable? Or is there going to be a feature like this someday?

#1702 skodakenner, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

i sold a free lawnmower for a 2000% profit

• Like Like x 2
  4. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Technically infinite % profit, since it was free to start with.

• Like Like x 1
  5. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

There is a way to do it: https://wiki.beamng.com/BeamNG_FAQ#How_do_I_change_the_.27mods.27_folder_location.3F

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

i put £1 worth of fuel into it, but yeah, infinite profit

7. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Typically in software development I have found Source Control to be a "nice to have" utility.

Today (for the first time) source control just full on saved my ass. I found a memory corruption bug in my game, and if it weren't for being able to download old builds, and see what has changed; I'm not sure that I would have caught it. Turns out the bug was introduced 3 weeks ago, on a totally benign looking section of settings menu code. And that was causing a bug to occur reliably in a totally unrelated section of gameplay code.

upload_2019-6-13_16-0-3.png => upload_2019-6-13_16-4-36.png

EDIT: Turns out that was also a ruse. That code being the problem, was actually a symptom of another bit of code in the menu system creating a problem.

#1707 aljowen, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

My boyfriend moved in with me for the summer

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-6-13_17-21-21.png
    not far off!

So if i were to make a torque converter 'thing' (controller) then there are a few oddities i've noticed you can go all the way to 3rd gear in an allison and have the torque converter unlocked, normally it locks in 2nd, but at light throttle openings, it holds to 3rd (where it locks then into 4th locked too). Also on some allison gearboxes, there is a 1st gear lock! Interesting stuff!

10. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

2 tests left and i'm finished school for summer

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

As for a Blog effort today well, Family wedding on 1st June so that was exciting was up at 5:50am and I was on the go until 1am in the morning.....some 19 hours 10 minutes and yeah long time.....had to fly from Edinburgh to Luton and then fly back a day later to home so yeah....., As for other things well it was my dads 60th birthday so that was another exciting thing to happen and me being choked with the cold to ruin everything this June so far, I think I dont need to cover anything else haha xD, I guess that covers my June so far right up until the 14th lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

The great thing about Alaska weather is that it's customizable. If you think it's too cold and dreary, have someone give you an outdoor task you really don't want to do and all the clouds will flee from the sky. If you think it's too hot, just schedule a race or a classic car show and watch as the sky unloads on you!

• Like Like x 2
  13. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

While I had been enjoying Dirt Rally 2.0, I had always been aware that its full usage of my steering wheels 1080deg of rotation was a bit much. However, since there are no options in the settings to fix this, I had assumed I was SOL*. Turns out that buried in a sub menu that is barely even visible, there is actually a calibration wizard which allows you to calibrate wheel rotation.

20190614225734_1.jpg So if you click the wheel ('a' button on xbox pad), it takes you to the steering wheel settings

20190614225750_1.jpg However, there are no options to change the steering wheel lock anywhere in here. In any of the submenus.

20190614225742_1.jpg Turns out, that from the first image, you have to press triangle ('y' on xbox pad) on your controller to access the "device options", then click the "calibrate" button, which serves no other purpose other that to calibrate the degrees of wheel rotation. WHY Codemasters? Why is that not in the same place as the FFB settings, or the "advanced" settings, where you allow for the configuration of steering linearity?

Its been a really long time since I last saw UI design that reached this level of dumb.

One thing is for sure, not having to swing the wheel 1080deg lock to lock makes the game quite a bit easier and more enjoyable.

*I am aware I can change my steering wheels global settings inside its software, but if I had to change those settings (or profiles) each time before using the wheel, I would probably end up playing far less racing games than I already do.

14. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Reverse engineering and working on my realtime debug drawing API at the same time
    upload_2019-6-15_15-11-15.png
    Mostly figured out the model format for Rally Championship 2000, as well as the way it stores lighting information

Having less luck with level files :(
    upload_2019-6-15_15-11-53.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Today was a small car show where i live and my dad and i went there to look at cars. Whilst looking at the newest 3 series we noticed water under the paint then we looked at other bmws and they all had water boubles at some points of the car we then asked one of the sales people who immediatly said that we should shut up because we dont know anything about cars just because we are no mechanics!? Im no sales expert but thats definatly no way to treat potential customers espacially for me because i wanted to get one at some point but im guessing ill get a older one as theyre proper bmws

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

NeIN ThE PaINt is In SaTisFaCToRy CoNDItiOn!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Probably rushed out for the meeting, or just it is a defect to be expected on new 3 series

18. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

The thing was just it was on all bmws X3 X5 X7 5 series that was what i found really odd about it

19. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Is this under the doors that you are talking about? Many car brands use a special bumpy paint to protect against chipping and rust. Similar to the image shown below.

20. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Two months ago I estimated my brake pads would last until august or longer.

Decided to verify last week, just in case - it turns out a few dry weather runs have worn them waaay more than expected.

Rear pads look usable still. Worn vs new:
    2019-06-18_19-08-16_DSC_0004.jpg

Front pads on the other hand...
    2019-06-18_19-09-59_DSC_0009.jpg
    They've had difficulties dissipating all the heat with so little remaining pad mass to absorb it.
    Heat seems to have gone straight to the backplate, which fell from the pad as soon as I removed the caliper. Whoops :|

• Like Like x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice