1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Awesome! :D

Closer to southern-style recipe of Lasagne, Boulognaise variant does without cheese for Bechamel sauce instead... :)

Where did you learn? Italian relatives or something?

2. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

Just being from NY, i picked up a few tricks...I make great italian food. (I prefer my Lasagne with bechamel instead of ricotta myself)...my husband is also a professionally trained chef with 30 years experience. He trained in England, Italy, Saint Tropez and Yemen, among other places.
    --- Post updated ---
    Im polish, scottish, czech, hungarian and german, no italian in me as far as I know lol
    --- Post updated ---
    it was 2x lasagne weighing approx 35 lbs each lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

CLICK HERE for a pretty thorough comparison between the 1060 i have now and the 1070 i have coming in...I just realized the 1070 is not in fact a Ti card, but the performance gain for such a jump in price is really not worth it. Also, im noticing that perhaps 8bg ddr4 2400 is not going to really be enough if I really want fluid smooth gameplay (Oblivion, BNG, GTA5, ETS2, MSC, etc) so Im looking at doubling up what I currently have (ballistix 2x 4gb sport ram @2400). I found a 2x4gb kit for like 60 bucks and its an exact match to what I have now so might be worth getting that, then once the new mobo, gpu, ram and everything is all back together and working, i think ill finally be happy with the upgrading. Maybe sell the rig at an insane profit locally. I am about 750 into this rig altogether, and if you buy everything brand new, its over 1700 so i might consider selling it (after using it for a while) for like 1000, maybe 1100. Its pristine, no wear or tear anywhere, super clean, SUPER quiet, and really sexy looking ;)

4. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

So it is turning out to be way more difficult (or maybe I am thinking to hard about it) upgrading from B chipset to a Z chipset motherboard. There is practically NO helpful information on the internet regarding this particular procedure. All the results and videos I have come across just tell you how to physically swap the boards...I know how to do that, I have done it now about 4 freaking times. Im not sure how to go about getting windows to boot up to the desktop on the new board. I just joined TomsHardware and asked for help there, this is getting annoying and I am very anxious to get it working lol

5. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

I screwed up on the update speculation thread, if anybody wants to see me miscommunicate to the extreme.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

it wasnt that serious lol you good. that is all everyone does on here is speculate haha it should be called Speculation.NG

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is kinda good, you learned something new, that is reason why people fail, to learn, life just works that way :D

I don't really know what would be preventing it to work, sometimes it can take 5 minutes for stupid windows to realize that this will not work and then it continues booting, but it really should, unless win10 is hopelessly worse than other windows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

i got pretty drunk last night so that might have hindered my memory, but as far as I remember, when I had created the USB boot drive on the old MoBo, then swapped over the new MoBo, the USB drive wasnt being recognized, essentially I couldnt get windows setup to start and perform as it should...ill have to just revisit this shit tonight when I get home. I think I am just overthinking it, over complicating it.

9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If USB ports or some of them are fried up, that can cause not recognized issue.

10. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

No, all the ports are working because I plugged my USB receiver for logitech keyboard/mouse into them all and it worked in each of the ports...

11. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Rewrote my OBJ importer for Unity
    I now exceed Blender in performance :D

Attached Files:

• upload_2019-1-4_23-49-12.png
    • Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Invested in a trailer
    IMG_20190105_160325006_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

went to the store and bought some fittings

managed to get almost everything double the size i needed

feels bad man
    image.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

just ordered the correct fittings online, but ended up buying in bulk because the unit prices looked so good!

$135 down the drain for 50 parts when I only needed 5

rip

15. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

To ebay it is....

16. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

to sell? haha maybe. but i am using these to build a test product for a handbrake and pedals. i suppose it’s not too bad that i have extra pieces to use for the production models when i start selling.

but it is rather unfortunate to see so much money leave my account, even if it is going to save me in the long run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Started a body for the ursa, I need to get more screws and bearings to finish the chassis
    20190113_115612.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Today I started learning std::thread 's. Probably one of those things I should have learned a while back, but I haven't needed it until now.

I've done OpenCL before, so some of the general concepts and constraints of multi-threaded processing were already in my head. But ofc OpenCL and threads are two distinctly different things.

I'm not planning on doing anything crazy with threads, but it does mean that the game that I am working on should be able to run its simulation on a separate core. Which I predict for the scope of the game, should be more than performant enough (even without threading it might have been fine).

For now it just starts a thread with an infinite loop which will contain the simulation code (with some basic protection code to prevent it from actually going on forever). So nothing more to show than a shrank window with the console logs :p
    upload_2019-1-14_21-6-20.png

• Like Like x 1
  19. MRcrash

MRcrash
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I just had to take a photo of this
    20190116_221511.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  20. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

that car keeps my world turning honestly
    ill get one soon...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice