1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Polish vodka is actually very good. I'm partial to Sobieski. Cheap and very good. Beat every other vodka in some international taste test thing. It's the only cheap vodka that doesn't give me hangovers :cool:

2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Vodka turned me into a hellishly violent demon....all alcohol did. No more for me. So what happened to the main blog?

EDIT: I see what happened. Unfourtunate, I was really diggin' it.:( Well then CARRY ON!

#22 Aboroath, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  3. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Right. Went out and filled the A4 with premium. Drove it hard (within the speed limit of course, haha), took it to some winding back streets to test the steering. Everything works!

Another thing: Who made tdev lock my dev blog thread. Why is this community constantly shitting on itself? Wtf you guys.

4. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Played elite dangerous for 6 hours. o_O
    EEEHHH
    It was worth it.

5. eletricmano

eletricmano
    Expand Collapse

I've been doing illerminaty stuff. It's 2:26 a.m. while I'm typing this.
    BeamNG 2015-01-24 02-22-28-25.jpg
    Btw, is it critical that I make the triangles anti-clockwise to the direction it's facing? Or is it okay if a few are clockwise? (I don't even know if this question makes sense, I'm really tired.)

6. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

No. CSS is HTML's not-so-evil cousin. But it's still evil.
    The only bit of web design/coding I actually like is javascript.

noob
    I once played 10 hours of Skyrim. Only paused the game to go to the toilet.

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Its critical as it defines which way the coltri faces (as they aren't double sided).

Php, HTML and CSS are all awful and should burn. Python is a better alternative to php, dare I suggest asp.net as being better too (but not classic asp), heck its even possible to use JavaScript server side in the same role as php. HTML and CSS we can't do anything about. JavaScript I'm no fan of, but I don't have anything making me think "omg that's awful".

Today I am entering a programming competition.

8. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Oh god, That organizational mess called Python :p

- - - Updated - - -

Well it's 5:15 AM and I'm currently revisiting my past. Not in a good way

9. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

#sadcoffeend
    as.JPG
    I hope I am doing this right ;)
    Have a nice weekend brake devs!

In other news I've been trying to figure out the rear suspension on the del sol and also started with blocking out the chasis to make room for it...it's still a mess though:
    es.JPG

10. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

I don't mean to be spammy .-.

Made something that can export data to CSV
    posX, posY, posZ, velocity, time, etc. :D

Industrial raceway anyone? ;)

(imported from here)

11. Lentomakkara

Lentomakkara
    Expand Collapse

I heard FaceTrackNoIR is the best. It's made for face tracking but there's a point tracker plugin for it. Works good but I still need to find out how to attach the point model to my headset.

12. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

So I started hooning around in the Grand Marshal.

I swear, the drift missile GM at Port makes for one hell of an afternoon.

13. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Started on a jbeam for a iRec42's Porsche 901. It's now a rolling driving shell with front struts and rear trailing arms and butt heavy handling. I'm debating whether to try and simulate the torsion bars. It would be cool, but makes it extremely difficult to figure out a realistic stiffness compared to a linear spring.

screenshot_00008.jpg

14. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

I reckon the best way to represent a torsion bar would be by linking the hub to a prism which can rotate about the y-axis, and tuning the stiffness by adjusting beamSpring of some beams that dampen the rocker rotation, much like a pushrod setup. Curved bars arent really possible without using tonnes of beams which can introduce floppyness and instability, so this is the next best thing.

15. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

i came 2nd in the computing society programming competition yesterday \o/

16. theshark

theshark
    Expand Collapse

What were the tasks?

17. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Series of simple problem solving type tasks really.

Very first one for example:
    3 rounds with a few people eliminated each time for not completing all the tasks in that round or simply not having solutions quite as clever as the others (which was pretty important for the first task of round 3).
    4 tasks in first 2 rounds. Only 2 tasks in the final round.

Round 3 task 1:
    That is sort of where the opportunity for a smarter solution comes in. Of the 3 of us still in that last round, 1 guy decided to simply throw a few System.out.prints into java. I was solving them in C# and took the approach of printing ABCDEFGFEDCBA across 7 lines then wrote a print triangle method which manipulates the cursorposition. It simply printed the *'s over the top of the existing text. Winner actually wrote a method which would take a starting and ending character (A and G in this case) and generate each line 1 by 1 correctly.

18. theshark

theshark
    Expand Collapse

Had to try it too :D
    (javascript)
    Code:
    function printTriangle(str, filler){
    	var length = str.length;
    	var reverse = str.split('').reverse().join('').substr(1);

var fillerBuffer = filler;
    	for(var i = 1; i < length-1; i++){
    		fillerBuffer += filler+filler;
    	}

console.log(str + reverse);

for (var j = length-1; j > 0; j--) {
    		console.log( str.substr(0, j) + fillerBuffer.substr(0,(length-j)*2 - 1) + reverse.substr(length-j-1));
    	}

}

printTriangle("ABCDEFG","*");

You may like http://coderbyte.com, it has tons of problems like that to solve :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Plissken

Plissken
    Expand Collapse

Remind me the tests I once had to pass on https://codility.com/ for an internship.

Also if you like cerebral challenges, or if you like giving others people programming challenges, try this board : http://codegolf.stackexchange.com/ But be careful, some are really weird and/or difficult, therefore the answers too ;)
    (stackexchange is very good for serendipity and may affect your productivity in a negative way)

20. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

So, last night was busy for me. First of all, I built a new siding for Red Canyon.
    IMG_6999.JPG
    The new siding's the one on the left with the engine and cars on it. Unfortunately, to get even those two little cars out with that engine (my shortest one that's good enough for switching), I have to run the front axle off the other end to get the cars past the switch. The switch control for the switch off the main line also makes it so a lot of cars can't go onto the siding on the right.

Second, my brother decided to collect all of our models in one place to see how many we have. It was a bit scary.
    IMG_6993.JPG IMG_6994.JPG I made some cursory attempts at stitching them together, but wide angle lenses make stitching nearly impossible.
    Some points of interest:
    IMG_6995.JPG Crappy 21st Century Toys MC 202 in russian winter camo. We painted this a few years ago, but haven't gotten around to assembling it (yes, I know, that's not the right way to do it). Also, we decided that this aircraft has a lot of smoke stains because it's a fire training aircraft. Not for practicing putting out fires, but to learn how to burn aircraft when they inevitably have to retreat.
    IMG_6996.JPG Because this is a car simulator forum, the car section. Something I found that worried me was a WWII self-propelled howitzer with a driveshaft for a gun.

Lastly, I started making bases for aircraft flying around the layout. Part of this was drilling holes in the undersides of the planes I meticulously built and painted, which was painful. Luckily, I didn't destroy any. Here's what I'm thinking about using:
    IMG_7005.JPG That may or may not be a section of sprue with a hole drilled in it. Also, NARWHAL!
    IMG_7000.JPG And all of my planes. I think I might have enough.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice