1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

I'd definitely suggest MIG welding for a job such as that. It's the easiest to learn and would yield sufficiently clean results for building a roll bar.

• Like Like x 1
  2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Finally just jumpstarted my first attempt for doing character stuff with some sort of artstyle now, only started on the hands but am looking forward to getting it finished today or tomorrow!

3. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Currently thinking about getting some older Forza games but im not sure if theyre still worth it? What would you guys say go for it or let it be?

4. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

old motorsport games?
    yes, they're well worth it, i got fm2,3 and 4 for under 10 quid total and they're very replayable

5. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

Playing with Crash Hard 2.0 map

6. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Then im gonna try to hunt them down what about FM6 or the horizons?

7. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

fm6 and the horizon games are more expensive but very good

• Like Like x 1
  8. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Thats good because i found a site thats still selling it dor 16 euros wich still is fine by me because thats the normal price its going for on ebay and so on.

9. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

I personally enjoy the horizons more than the motorsports since you’re not stuck on a track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Frankly I don't know if I could enjoy the Horizons, just because of the knowledge that they could have been so much more than they were.

11. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

The Horizons were more of like the street culture for car meets, drag racing, drift meets, etc. which ultimately was deemed “festivals”.

12. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I really liked both Horizon and Motorsport but they really could have been more. Horizon really would need a bigger and more varied map but im not too sure how to achieve this with the current gen Consoles. Motorsport is a bit limited track wise sadly but hopefully the older ones will feel diffrent.

13. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. But at the same time, they're not. The overall impression I get of the Horizon series is that the design brief, including customization (what there is of it) and car lists, was written by someone who had never had any interest in cars before and was only given one day to research car culture, with the stipulation that they could only use popular "mainstream" car culture blogs with no associated print publications to do their research. So you get the same globalized car list game after game after game, with a lot of trick-of-the-month sports/super/hypercars, and a lot of universal cult classics, and some le funni meme cars xdddddddd (but rarely any which would actually be interesting, or relatable, or even make sense in-setting), plus a very few regional-stereotype models to give a veneer of local flavor (which may or may not get reused in the next game where they once again make no sense). The only ones that have actual customization beyond tack-on overfender kits for tuners, the universal and completely cosmetic blower scoop for muscle cars, and the weak-looking and often ill-fitting universal Forza Aero (i.e. cancer), are the visibly-inaccurate models recycled all the way from Forza 2. LOLWACKY cross-manufacturer engine swaps get a lot of respect in real life because they're unique and unexpected, but when they're literally the only swaps you can use, it's the same engines and drivelines for every car, and everyone uses them because that's The Meta(tm), it just gets frankly annoying.

And the map design, good grief the map design, the map design is just fricking cancer with the first Horizon being the only possible exception. Apparently real, technical cornering roads, except for short segments set aside for drifting (bro!), are always dirt in Horizon Universe; beyond the drift zones, paved roads are kept straight and fast with lanes at least twice as wide as they should be so that the highly lucrative "spoiled 9 year old" demographic never has to interact with difficulty, failure, skill, or any of those other frownie-sad-face things (because apparently just dumbing down the physics isn't enough). The maps take all the things I dislike about purpose-built racetracks and put a hasty "street" skin over them, without making much of an attempt to hide the fact that that is what they are doing. Of course unbreakable walls and trees are also in much shorter supply than they should be, because apparently fun and engaging gameplay means beelining across open ground in a Lamborghini. And this is the entire freaking map, everywhere; Fortune Island sort of has a paved-technical road but even that one is rather mediocre. Horizon 3, despite being released in 2016 which was the absolute uber-peak of drift/Eurobeat memes, just straight deleted the Great Dividing Range (i.e. one of the only places in Australia that has what you might call "touge roads") putting an extremely harsh and noticeable climate (texture) shift where it should have been, in favor of squeezing in more "stereotypically Australian" locations.

As it is now, Horizon is about as accurate a representation of any given area's true car culture as American pizza is of Italian food. Maybe less.

They would achieve this quite simply - by making the map more varied. As it is now all their eggs are in the "Twelvie doing 240 MPH in the McLaren we gave him for free" basket and it's horrible. If they could set aside even one part of the map for truly technical roads - roads, not "Drift Zones" - that would be a huge improvement already.

14. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

For not having FH1 and having 2-4 I believe FH3 was very diverse with environments. From rainforests to the big city, deserts to beaches. I spent most of my time on FH3 before transfering to FH4. Let me tell you, I know every single glitch spot in FH3 still. Breaking that game was the best.:p

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Really, I play the trumpet.
    lol Beamng band.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

No.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

If I could draw I'd probably make an anime style character out of every official BeamNG car.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

How about don't do that please.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Yes Inquisitor, this post right here.
    --- Post updated ---
    There was a lot of environmental diversity - rather crudely shoehorned in. But when it came to paved roads there was practically no diversity whatsoever - all too wide, all too fast, and the environmental diversity it was missing the one environment that could have been the exception to this. FH4 is much the same but without even having any environmental diversity.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice