1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Best Completion Times for Corkscrew Mountain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mike22, Apr 7, 2014.

?

Do you want a timer added to Corkscrew Mountain?

1. Yes

84 vote(s)
    65.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. What's Corkscrew Mountain?

40 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. ChrisPD06

ChrisPD06
    Expand Collapse

Posted a time on the site but the image seems to have failed to upload, so I'll stick it here:
    BeamNG 2014-04-26 00-11-47-78.jpg

That's probably the best I can do, since it took some serious concentration. The track is great fun by the way, seem to spend most of the time in the Bolide fighting slides!
    It's definitely easier with the wheel though, I struggled a bit with a PS3 controller, probably mainly to do with lack of fine throttle control.

2. mike22

mike22
    Expand Collapse

Yea, I programmed a compression technique that isn't handling .bmp images correctly yet.. I'll try to manually add the pic to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Your image is showing now.

3. Nish01

Nish01
    Expand Collapse

Fail.jpg BrokenButDriveable.jpg

Pic 1, was driving like a mad man (not like my usual Granny Driving) and ended up wedged inbetween a tree and rock...
    Pic 2, after one roll-over and hitting two trees after going off a small cliff (stuck the landing)..it was still working

Also, i cant thank you enough mike...this shows the potential BeamNG has in the racing area. Absolutely can not wait to see what its like a couple years

#103 Nish01, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  4. nophone

nophone
    Expand Collapse
    Developer

3:01:20 in the pickup using a 360 controller. Sub-3 minutes is the goal now :)

Attached Files:

• best.png
  5. nathan12276

nathan12276
    Expand Collapse

You should really add a ramp or sum thing to the end. The giant cliff is fun to drive off of and the little lip dosnt let you

6. Nish01

Nish01
    Expand Collapse

thats what i was thinking as well, the ending is a bit 'dull' if you will. A good ramp or some type of fun thing at the end would be a good 'prize' for finishing without destroying your car on the way down :D

oh, and hey fellow Ontarian haha

7. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I'm gonna have to try this. >:D

8. Blockman

Blockman
    Expand Collapse

I hope you don't mind, but what vehicle is that?

9. mike22

mike22
    Expand Collapse

I see that you accomplished that. That's a good run !

10. Nish01

Nish01
    Expand Collapse

Covet(MPM).jpg
    02:52:89 - Keyboard
    Ibishu Covet (MPM) by Nadeox. Custom, meaning i was using several different parts than the default (wheels, bumpers, engine, turbo, sway bar etc.) and forgot to include the parts list in the screenshot

11. mike22

mike22
    Expand Collapse

I added a dropdown box that allows you to sort the leaderboard by controller type too. It works in combination with the vehicle dropdown box as well. So, you can select a car type, then select a controller type for that car and get a leaderboard that only shows times for that car with that controller type.

#111 mike22, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  12. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Ow, my first time was over 6 minutes in the GTi covet. :(

13. mike22

mike22
    Expand Collapse

The track is a bitch. I was trying to get a decent time with the stock Covet last night and kept rolling the thing down the mountain. Any time you get will make the leaderboard currently. It's only programmed to show the top 20 entries, but there's only 12 so far, so..

14. deject3d

deject3d
    Expand Collapse

795kg

ibishu covet "because racecar" edition

(imported from here)

ignore the "best" time, the timer bugged out.

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

15. mike22

mike22
    Expand Collapse

If you modify a car, choose "other" for vehicle type because it's not actually the car it was before you modified it. The result is some super car that has no performance like the car before it was modified.

16. mike22

mike22
    Expand Collapse

I changed the leaderboard in attempt to make it more official and balanced. All vehicles beside the ones that come with the game are considered "Other" now. The leaderboard is configured to hide those entries on initial display. However, you can still view those times by selecting "Other" in the "Vehicle" dropdown box. You could consider that the unofficial leaderboard.

Short version: If you want a time to appear on the initial load of the leaderboard, you'll have to do it with one of the official cars that came with the game.

#116 mike22, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  17. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

18. mike22

mike22
    Expand Collapse

He's got a link to a video of him tearin' ass down the mountain road with that modified Covet on the leaderboard site. It's insane, LOL.. here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSJZST8ar8Q

19. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Damn! Go GTi I really need to make it a realistic AWD and model the proper suspension stuff so haters can't hate.

20. deject3d

deject3d
    Expand Collapse

i'll test drive ;)

for reference, i stiffened the suspension to reduce wheelhop, increased power by 60%, changed gear ratios, and increased friction coefficient by .05 (totally not cheating).

edit: also note that the video on the leaderboards is even faster than the screenshot in this thread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice