Wreckfest Players

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by DuneWulff, Feb 28, 2018.

?

Which Car is Best? (Assume A-Class Build)

1. Euro Fastbacks (Gremlin, Panther, Bulldog)

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. US Fastbacks (Starbeast, Roadslayers, Speedbird)

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  3. Import Tuners (Sunrise, Speedemon, Tristar)

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. Euro Compacts (Killerbees, Boomers)

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Classic Muscle (Hotshot, Rocket, Roadcutter)

12 vote(s)
    14.6%
  6. Land Yachts (Warwagon, Gatecrasher, Rammers)

25 vote(s)
    30.5%
  7. FWD Micros (Nexus, Firefly)

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. Trucks (Mud Digger, Matador)

6 vote(s)
    7.3%
  9. Euro Heavyweight (Hammerhead, Dominator)

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  10. I unironically drive the lawnmower.

10 vote(s)
    12.2%
  11. The Bandit

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

I have managed to join online!
    also its boomer or nothing clearly

2. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I have been in love with the Starbeast long before they changed the most recent handling on the game a few weeks back. I haven't bothered to try many other cars as it just feels like home, ya know? I picked it because RaceClimb told me a year or two back that it was tail happy, and that's the kind of car I'm most comfortable in, lol. Plus it's not a popular car, and I like to be different. Probably because I'm a hipster or something.

I am flattered by your kind words. I still have some practicing to do, and some tracks to learn before I'll consider myself top tier though. You are certainly no slouch behind the wheel, and I'm willing to bet another couple of weeks/months you'll be hanging right up there with lilsmokey and Spaceface. I'm sure you know who those guys are lol.

3. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

But... wheels do detatch? lol

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Uhm lemme' get back on this..lol. Sometimes I just plain lose it...royally.

Thanks for the kind words as well sir! Practice, practice, practice. I enjoy tweaking and testing various configurations on different tracks
    to get a good result. For some reason the Roadcutter just does it for me like no other vehicle. Would love to be an ace in several variants
    though:p. The Starbeast is definitely one of them but I think it only rewards manual shifters I think. Right now I'm still figuring out the best
    way to make my 360 controller comfortable with manual shifting. Starbeast shifting in automatic is annoying to me and the car just seems to
    beg for irregular shifting input?

As for lilsmokey666 and others, man, it's gonna' be awhile before I get to that level..lol. Seriously, I cringe every time that guy shows
    up. Even at my current very best he whoops my ass by a good margin...every time. It's always good to have something to shoot for though and there's
    lots to shoot for. I was flattered last night in BC Banger by stabbyknife, who deliberately wrecked me because he was "tired of me winning so much". He didn't realize I had been playing for over 7 hours straight! Good times:cool:.

• Like Like x 1
  5. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

i came 8th every race becuase im so out of practice

6. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

If you are using full assists try halving them, TCS is a big speed killer I've found. I like to do many practice runs on different
    tracks after every tweak, at least 5 laps per. Seeing how those tweaks affect lap times is very useful!

Well, I had an opportunity to race lilsmokey last night and it was a mixed bag. In one race on Sandpit 2 reverse short I stayed glued
    right to his rear bumper until some F*&^ing noob decided to do a U-turn right in front of us. A couple other races he did his usual check out by a
    mile routine. Dude is wicked smooth.

I don't know why I am fixated on this but I still have yet to see an entire wheel come flying off anywhere. A tire off the
    rim yes, but full wheel bouncing around the track?, no.

7. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

It definitely happens, although I've only ever seen it on realistic difficulty (and in the previous update.)
    Try using the hammerhead for an endurance, realistic race and it'll probably detach.
    I think the reason why it doesn't happen anymore is because they changed the damage model, so you're more likely to die long before it'd detach.

8. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I have seen one saying wheel dislocated but didn't notice any tire missing.

9. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Okay, I haven't had realistic set up for a long time, maybe that's it. Thanks for the advice. Deliberately set up a nasty fig8 to see if wheels came off and saw nothing (on normal damage).
    Yeah, I was specifically looking for wheel detach yesterday and could have sworn my right rear was on the rim minus the tire. Sure as hell looked
    like it was gone, will have to attempt again and get a screenie.

10. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

I've never seen the rear wheels/tires get damaged. I think if they break the game just DNFs you.

#110 DuneWulff, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  11. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

I had them turned off anyway, but after an hour or so of practice i think i have regained my groove

12. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

So it looks like with realistic damage we get a "wheel detached" message but the wheel is still attached in most cases and still
    functioning ( wheel input anyway ), in all cases that I saw of. I was able to replicate the situation you posted Dunewuff and only on the front end.
    In certain cases, and well after the detach message, the wheel will visually disappear but it appears that is at a point of DNF. I don't think any
    car can drive around with a visually missing wheel and haven't seen it up to this point.

So, my wish still stands and is not implemented in the game, fully detached persistent wheels in all their glory getting ripped off and all over the track.

I guess we can put this subject to bed for now and see what the devs come up with. I would think with the particle system they have in place at
    least a fakey simulation of detached wheel/suspensions might be possible. Thanks for your input guys!

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Well now I'm going to have to prove that wheels do fully detach and are fully drivable. ;)

14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Please tell me that to settle this argument you two are just going to get into a multiplayer lobby and ram each other head on over and over again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

If we could ever get online at the same time, totally. lol
    ----
    After extensive testing (ramming myself against walls), wheels do detach. Only front wheels.
    Back wheels get bent but don't get detached (I backed against stuff for 15 minutes...)
    In this update, it is really difficult for this to happen normally and it really only seems like a punishment for those who ride the wall.
    As soon as you lose two wheels the game DNFs you.

#115 DuneWulff, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  16. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

More shortcuts. These ones are actually fairly useful, but risky.

Mixed 4. The game will count you off-track for a second, you have to get back on track before 2nd-to-last plastic post or you get the NONO sign. Aim to hit the second Navistar Sign with the side of your car.

Sandpit... something or another (pretty sure its reverse too). The one with the loop in it. Really useful at the start for getting early lead. You have to hit the billboard, touching the bush gets you reset.

Sandpit (same as last one). The ground is brutal here, if you don't go through the tree exactly like I did you'll hit a bump and go flying into the rocks. No matter what, you get weird airtime here and always have to adjust yourself after landing.

17. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Lol...nah, this isn't even close to an argument, just a spirited and very relevant discussion. It would be cool to all race together some time for sure!

Funny vid:D. It sure looks to me like the wheel is still attached there but well buried into the firewall and yes, tire missing. This is exactly what I saw on the right rear of my Starbeast a couple days ago. Can you replicate your findings with the Roadslayer or any other vehicle for that matter? I have a feeling this behavior might be more prone to certain vehicles.When I get off work I will do some more testing as well. I also need to get the screenshot and video posting thing back in gear, been awhile.

For the sake of this subject and it's discussion I want to clarify that my original query on the subject was about the possibility of/lack of entire wheel assemblies coming off and littering the track.
    The answer to that is obviously NO currently.

18. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

That's... not the wheel. lol
    That is the hub assembly and brake rotor that is being ground down into the asphalt. If you can manage a screenshot, that'd help since we're now apparently Wreckfest Mythbusting lol

19. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Okay, okay, okay. It's the wheel hub damnit...lol. That side of the car is in shadow up until the very end so I had to really look at it...blah ,blah.
    Anyway, I will mess around with it and post any earth shattering revelations. I'm ready to move on:p.

20. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Does anybody else experience this? When you alt-tab out of Wreckfest, does the screen/windows go funky? Alt tabbing out of WF makes Chrome get "cut" and displays weirdly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice