Wreckfest Players

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by DuneWulff, Feb 28, 2018.

?

Which Car is Best? (Assume A-Class Build)

1. Euro Fastbacks (Gremlin, Panther, Bulldog)

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. US Fastbacks (Starbeast, Roadslayers, Speedbird)

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  3. Import Tuners (Sunrise, Speedemon, Tristar)

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. Euro Compacts (Killerbees, Boomers)

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Classic Muscle (Hotshot, Rocket, Roadcutter)

12 vote(s)
    14.6%
  6. Land Yachts (Warwagon, Gatecrasher, Rammers)

25 vote(s)
    30.5%
  7. FWD Micros (Nexus, Firefly)

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. Trucks (Mud Digger, Matador)

6 vote(s)
    7.3%
  9. Euro Heavyweight (Hammerhead, Dominator)

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  10. I unironically drive the lawnmower.

10 vote(s)
    12.2%
  11. The Bandit

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Ovahlls

Ovahlls
    Expand Collapse

Wreckfest can make their cars faster since they don't use the same physics engine. See, in BeamNG, every car is treated like rubber with "actual" physics whilst in Wreckfest a quick calculation is run to decide what damage to show. I had a science project on this in school back in 2011. Where I used a game engine and made a input output system like this. It would decide vehicle type> mass X speed X body (which was basically it deciding which car it was. There was no easier way, since I made 3 cars and the variables were titled just crap like aluminum meaning the midsize.) Anyway the output was pretty good. I got 3rd in the grade, though I should've gotten 1st.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

I'd love to get back into racing.
    If my bloody game would launch. While offline, I removed the rear bumper of my Rammer and changed the engine. Later, when my internet wasn't dead, I went to launch the game and it just hangs at Steam syncing everything back up. Never had this issue before, and Steam is taking their sweet time to get back to me on it. No other games got bugged out, either... which is good cause if Beam had gotten stuck I'd be one very angry bird. :p

3. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Got some good racing in with Aboroath the last couple of nights. I think we both took a ton of podiums on mix 7 and bc bangers. Good times

4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Wasn’t planning on talking about this here but I have a feeling no one has seen it since the Wreckfest devblog hasn’t been active and at the best of times their form isn’t particularly active.

Off of the latest hot fix blog: “yes, we’re indeed working on new cars and tracks too. It will be still some time before we’re ready to show anything, but rest assured, there’s a lot of exciting new stuff in the pipeline”

• Like Like x 1
  5. CineCrasher

CineCrasher
    Expand Collapse

Any of you that do lawnmower racing on dirt tracks? Or Bus NASCAR? I do.

6. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Yesterday we did an all bus 20 player online bonebreaker valley race with realistic damage. 25% of the field was eliminated on the 2nd turn of the 15 lap race, lol. I may have been included. Nobody finished, there was one guy left, and he killed himself hitting the ground with only 3 tires left, and lost to the guy that he wrecked to DNF, because the other guy had 2 more laps done than he did lol. It was great entertainment even as a spectator for 90% of the race.

7. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

While I do enjoy Wreckfest multiplayer, I really hate how it kicks me out after almost every round for ping timeout. Does anyone else have that issue? My internet is pretty good and a lot of times I only connect to servers that are somewhat close to me. Being kicked out of the server for ping might be more bearable if I didn't have to go through verification every time. It takes super long and no one that I've talked to has any idea what it actually does. Half of my time on Wreckfest is spent trying to rejoin servers. It's really a pain.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Reviving this a bit to share some ridiculousness.
    upload_2018-12-29_21-16-1.png
    Taking this to Bonebreaker valley, I can't imagine the destructive potential of a vehicle this large and powerful

9. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Hey, it may be worth noting that they've released some news on their steam page.

Apparently they're getting closer to console releases, and they mentioned something about new cars and tracks.

10. @op@

@op@
    Expand Collapse

Would make sense, release a content update alongside console releases. Hopefully we can crossplay with console players

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

I know your post was made months ago and both games may have changed since then, but at least in my view Wreckfest doesn't come even close to leaving BeamNG in the dust. I just tried it for the first time yesterday, and I'm planning to get my money back. I mean I did like the idea of having large, packed races in dirt with realistic physics and damage, but while the game does provide the large packed races it falls short on the physics & damage compared to BeamNG. The physics are at best semi-realistic. The cars are actually very easy to keep in control, as if stability control is turned on even when it's not. When cars jump & land, the physics look stiff & scripted. And the damage system leaves much to be desired too. The collisions feel stiff and scripted and don't have the smooth dynamic crumbling that BeamNG has. And even considering the graphics alone, I had sporadic slowdowns when there's a lot of cars on the screen. I'll be sticking with BeamNG.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Well at least I’m not bumping the thread to say this...

Bugbear posted this pic on Twitter, “Some peculiar structures on the horizon”

6F2594D3-B9AD-4D58-8892-63B6F2F96DE7.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Ovahlls

Ovahlls
    Expand Collapse

What's up with the bump?

14. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Some news just dropped today, supposedly new vehicles have been "more or less finalized" - so watch for sneaks of those popping up soon. With their forum still down, it may pay to watch their discord channel or Bugbear's twitter.

If anybody catches sneaks of new tracks or vehicles, would they be kind enough to post pics here? The dev-player communication going on with Wreckfest is kind of sparse and scattered... :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

There was a blog post the other day. Most of it concerned optimizations in the dev build, they ended with a note on what to expect next from them.

"As for the release of the next update (yes, we know that's what everyone is hoping for soon), we need to ask for more patience. The console versions are nearing a critical stage, and rushing out a PC update right now would not only mean using time to make that happen in the first place but also that we would need to do post-update support to address the bugs – especially with so many changes to the game, and multiplayer in particular, no doubt there will be some nasties we won't be able to catch before the release. So, our thinking is that, seeing as the current build is pretty robust, it's best to stay on that until we're sure we have the resources to attack the new issues and support the update properly."

16. Crash77

Crash77
    Expand Collapse

I like that, "so many changes" bit.

17. @op@

@op@
    Expand Collapse

Interesting indeed. Hopefully that update allows me to even launch it.

18. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

just played mutiplayer for the first time since I got an internet upgrade, on one server one or two people used harvesters every race and caused issues, after that I went to another server but the ping was so bad that the car teleporting everywhere made me sick, there where only 3 servers with more than 5 people on at once when I played.

19. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Try BC Bangers m8. We allow peeps with buses and harvesters, but if it's really out of control we will disable them. Pretty laid back, but gets a bit rough at times. Plenty of fast guys join in to race too so good mixture of peeps. Oh, and Backwards is not allowed there.

20. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

i once found somebody flaming in the chat and going backwards and ramming lap up cars... on a clean racing server. I will try out BC bangers soon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice