worst computers from 2004-2017

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by lyndon123, Mar 30, 2017.

1. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

i just thought i would create this thread so we can all express our opinion on some rubbish computers
    i anomonate this:
    upload_2017-3-30_7-41-6.jpeg
    the rm expert, stands for: rubbish machinery

• Like Like x 2
  2. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

*Research Machines*
    That computer is only meant to be an school machine. It doesn't need to be high performance to use Microsoft Office.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

no, i am using one of these as a test purpose machine at school and i have one of these running Linux, and believe you me it is truly appalling, it takes ages for it to get to the bios splash-screen and it is generally bad

4. Scottybo2

Scottybo2
    Expand Collapse

RM Are terrible now, They was only good at the Rugged laptops (T12ER) And One 310 as i threw one in the garden as scrap for 3 years and brought it in a few weeks ago as i noticed it and stupidly i plugged it in with the machine immidiately turning on. Not gaming machines in anyway as could not run anything and the silly AIO Expert models are crap. I remember a screen falling off one at school back in 2005 when they was new.

5. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

oh i almost forgot, what about good old emachines?

6. Scottybo2

Scottybo2
    Expand Collapse

I also know a terrible machine which is the Dell inspiron 6000, Known for being terribly slow and exploding batteries and also stickers that weren't even true like a pentium 4 sticker when it's a celeron!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Of course, they are abused and turn pretty much all days. People in school aren't friendly with computers. And I guess the servers are awful too.
    This computer new was probably running fine.

For the EMachines stuffs, I've got an old EMachines 10" laptop from probably 2005 or latter, it's fine for such an old beast. You can't really say a computer is bad if you never used it new.

Don't know if it's in the right time line, but there was those old "Hotwheels/Barbie" computers, who were awfully built and very bad for the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Scottybo2

Scottybo2
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah LOL Those barbie hotwheels set PC's with their own mouse and stuff, Not the best after all! They were such a nightmare being taken apart also the RM's were like that when new also forgot that the RM's stock power supply were known for failure and plastic used to chip easy as i gutted down one of the old ones models with an old AMD that was terrible and was even more on the inside! Really badly built motherboards also those Eco quiet wasn't that quiet either!

9. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

Any mac
    Nothing more needed

Or my other computer dell laptop from 2016
    2gb ram
    intel Celeron
    Really slow compared to my main PC

#9 missionsystem, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  10. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

My computer from 2014 and past
    Featureing an Intel core 2 Duo E6600
    1.5 gb ram
    a QLeadtek winfast gtx 260 extreme + (still like this thing)
    and a 60gb hdd

11. Raft

Raft
    Expand Collapse

every lenovo h series desktop

12. Scottybo2

Scottybo2
    Expand Collapse

MissionSystem Not exactly Macs! They are great if what your doing is what it's great for like Music and editing. Something like games aren't as such. Don't complain really as games on macs will always be bad as it is lagging and a lot missing due to it lacking DirectX And stuff but that's all microsoft so no ways round.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

You seem to have an exceptional amount of hate towards Macs. Hate that isn't deserved. Some Macs are pretty good for gaming, as long as they are either running Windows or games that support MacOS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lets go Canada !!!

Lets go Canada !!!
    Expand Collapse

Laptops usually from 2012 like my moms acer have extremely sloooooowwww hard drives
    In them I used to use it along time ago. There is so much dust now in the computer will over heat lol.
    And the 4 gb of ram doesn't help much ether. Well thats my opinion but laptop from 2010 to 2013 are a no no lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

4 go isn't bad, it's even pretty good for a "slow laptop"

16. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

ahh, that was the first laptop i touched, then i got a MacBook air (the spoilt brat i was :p)
    now..
    pretty much all Acer N series bras well CPUs, i have a friend who had 3 laptops, exactly the same and the hard drive died almost exactly 2 months after purchase on all 3. I also used one and it was astronomically slow, the CPU is quite powerful (Atom based) but the hard drive really let it down
    --- Post updated ---
    ah, my primary school had some of these, they were slightly newer and i think had either the Athlon 64 or Pentium 4, all in all it ran XP rather fast but still wasn't that good. They upgraded to newer RM machines with windows XP and until recently upgraded to Win 7.
    All the time i was trying to look up the model name IZM with their stupid logo :p
    --- Post updated ---
    ah, my primary school had some of these, they were slightly newer and i think had either the Athlon 64 or Pentium 4, all in all it ran XP rather fast but still wasn't that good. They upgraded to newer RM machines with windows XP and until recently upgraded to Win 7.
    All the time i was trying to look up the model name IZM with their stupid logo :p

17. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Oh hi there.

I do have an RM computer that I got along with this monitor and some other stuff from my old school. The RM computers (at least the one I have from around 1999-2003) is very well made. Has a Pentium 3, so specs are pretty average for the time but case is nice and sturdy and the plastic is a damn sight better than the Dells that replaced them, those are core2duo machines and are still running, schools rarely have more than very average specs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

then there's my school witch just upgraded to hp elitebooks and aios with i7s in them and the only thing we use them for is word,talk about overkill but back on topic in my opinion a lot of the new macs are bad as they are irreparable,non upgradeable and hugely overpriced

19. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

ah, my primary school had some of these, they were slightly newer and i think had either the Athlon 64 or Pentium 4, all in all it ran XP rather fast but still wasn't that good. They upgraded to newer RM machines with windows
    Hey can you take a pic zoomed out, because that looks very similar to the old PCs in my school

20. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

My high school had these.. Running Windows XP with pentium 4's and 256MB's of ram... Yeah..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice