Working Radio in the future?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by toxichero, Feb 28, 2017.

1. toxichero

toxichero
    Expand Collapse

was wondering if its at all possible with the engine of the game to program in a working radio that properly displays the song titles on the dashboard while your driving about. i know we have the gps working so i thought it would be interesting to have a working radio :D and maybe the ability for custom music

i know its kind of a silly suggestion but it just came into my head while listening to music cus beamng tends to be a quiet game

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

The idea of having a working radio is an idea I do support, though it may be difficult to pull off. However, I do have one theory of how we could have a working radio.

I'm going to mention a game that I know a lot of people doesn't like, and that game is none other than Minecraft.
    NOTICE: I only brought up Minecraft for this idea suggestion, not to make people angry, so please don't get your knickers in a twist.

Anyway, I've noticed one thing about Minecraft that could "in theory" possibly translate to BeamNG and give us a working radio. I believe we could have something reminiscent of the jukebox block, which only plays music composed specifically for the game, examples being the songs called Chirp, Stal, Blocks, Mall, Far, etc, which come as music discs that you put into the jukebox. A picture of the jukebox block is provided.

Here's how I think it could translate: For starters, there could be a command added that turns the radio on and off. A radio app could be provided that will play any song(s) on a track list. Through the app, the radio could be set to play songs in the order of the list, loop specific songs, or shuffle through the list, so the player could have some variety in how the songs are heard. Maybe in a fashion like the engine sounds, the further away you are, the music would get fainter, and then when far away enough, you would stop hearing the radio, much like you do when you are very far away from any car that is spawned. There could also be an option to allow you to hear the radio from any given distance.

One way I think this could work, is that Gabester has some skill in music. So could it be possible that some of his music tracks could be used in BeamNG, along with some new ones he could compose?

In the end, this is only a theory, as I don't know if its possible or not.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. WolfieJones

WolfieJones
    Expand Collapse

We can just have a radio and playlist just like what Euro Truck Simulator 2 does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice