Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by logoster, Oct 17, 2013.

1. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

I'm hesitant to update as well, in case there are still some bugs to work out. Did anyone who updated notice any problems, does Beam have any issues on 8.1?

2. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

nope, everything works fine for me, BeamNG runs just like it always has, as does my other games

3. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

I take vote with you. I'm not too sure, I'll wait till someone makes a complaint.:p

4. steveyos

steveyos
    Expand Collapse

8.1, 8.0, or 7: http://www.classicshell.net

I've used 8 forever and love it. I'm upgrading to 8.1 because why not. But I also love a start menu so I use classic shell and have a fully customized start menu that works perfectly.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Was talking to another techie guy at a pub quiz this evening, every time he closes an app his display driver crashes (GTX 760 GPU on latest NVidia drivers, switching to beta drivers didnt make a difference). I also know someone else who had beamNG running fine under 8.0 and then it stopped in 8.1, don't know if he found the cause of that one, it was at uni this morning that I spoke to him and he said himself that he hadn't had the time to look into it properly last night with KSP 0.22 being out as well.
    BeamNG I guess removing and installing again may fix it, upgrading your OS often breaks software and requires a reinstall. Display drivers, teething problems?

Neither one is totally unexpected, both are probably fixable.

6. jackeo21

jackeo21
    Expand Collapse

I have windows 8, how do I upgrade?

Thanks

7. lucky74dog

lucky74dog
    Expand Collapse

Wow, a thread about windows 8 where no one is saying that its crap, and windows 7 is much better(I think both are good). Am I on the right internet?

8. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

lol, no, its just that some people actually like windows 8

- - - Updated - - -

well, he lied, because i updated, no start menu whatsoever, plus, the REAL, start button is a LOT, smaller then that:

#28 logoster, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  9. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

I like it, and I wouldn't go back to W7, tbh.

10. lucky74dog

lucky74dog
    Expand Collapse

I absolutely love windows 8. I also love windows 7. I would love a computer with either, but a LOT of people HATE windows 8. Apparently none of those people are on the beamng forums.:D

11. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Count me as one of the few who like Windows 8 as well. I actually prefer the start screen now funnily enough lol. Finally upgraded to 8.1 a few days ago, no problems at all, everything looks a bit prettier now :).

12. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

yeah, one of my fave parts, is that the search doesnt go full screen anymore, just searches in its little window :D:

searchnotfullscreen.png

13. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Huh nice, didn't even notice that. You can also set it up so that you boot straight to the desktop instead of the start screen now, a nice feature.

OT: Cookieclicker cheat on your bookmarks bar eh hahaha.:p

14. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

lol, probably the first thing i noticed, as i use search constantly, fastest way ive found to get to pretty much any program/game (or steam, if it happens to be closed)

OT: yeah, i cheat in almost everything, idk why, i just have trouble doing stuff legit

15. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

My laptop is running original Windows 8 and always boots to desktop. Might be ClassicShell but it's definitely not 8.1

16. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice