Which serious sim has least horrible AI?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fufsgfen, May 18, 2019.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I must say that I'm not fan of AI in Assetto Corsa, they are like on rails, so if you manage to outbrake them and pass from inside, you can be sure they will hit rear corner of your car.

Also AI gets weird boosts of speed in that, so there probably are some better ones.

Raceroom AI has been quite ok recently at least, but their cars are bit fast for most of my days.

rf2 I can't even remember.

Automobilista, driving seems bit dated in that, didn't test AI, not sure if I should as it really does not hit the spot with content and driving feel, but don't know if AI in that would have at least some understanding of surroundings so they don't push you sideways at corners?

I did download MX-5 mod to Automobilista and track pack, AI at least is trying not to hit me, much better than AC in that and those cars are quite bit of fun to drive.

PCARS is not very good, however AI seem to behave quite ok, but cars drive really funny way in that.

#1 fufsgfen, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
  2. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Well, all AI is going to feel like it is somewhat on rails. Have you tried Forza or Gran Turismo though?

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Haven't tried those, expensive and I doubt car handling is much better than PCars which I can't tolerate too long at once.

Automobilista AI is certainly better than AC, also PCars AI is not that bad, shame that driving is that bad :D

I decided to keep Automobilista as MX-5 at Road Atlanta with AI cars was really nice experience, even with 105% and 100% aggression AI did really good job avoiding me. When I get more time for racing I will try some other tracks with that, but that definitely hits the spot at least for now :)

Oh yes, Automobilista was something close to 26 euros I guess, pretty close to upper limit I'm willing to pay from any game which I don't know how much hours I will put to it.

PCars was 7.5 euros, only reason I have it because it was not too expensive to see what it is about.

4. Cool12345

Cool12345
    Expand Collapse

yeah, those ones are pretty real.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice