Where are you from?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Peter Beamo, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Maple syrup, hosers and presumably Canadians that end every sentence's with eh?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. WolfieJones

WolfieJones
    Expand Collapse

I'm from the land of slow internet.

3. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Manila?

4. WolfieJones

WolfieJones
    Expand Collapse

Close. Quezon City.

5. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

What kind of mods do you have on your car, and how does the inspection not detect it, what parts do you have to remove? xD I'm genuinely curious now, as I'd be very interested in heavily modding a car myself.
    Btw I'm from Coimbra :)

6. AndreRijo

AndreRijo
    Expand Collapse

Are you kidding me!? I'm from Coimbra to!;) Born and raised.

Regarding the mods... well, where do I start!... On my MG ZT-T 2.0 CDTi, EGR deleted, bigger turbo, upgraded injectors, bigger Intercooler, new pipes work all around, stainless steel exhaust 63mm(OEM 58mm) with hi-flow catalytic converter and OEM but modified back-box, ECU tune to 200CV. Custom shocks and springs lowered 50mm all around. Strut bar, bigger brakes and upgrade brake lines... I guess I'm not forgetting anything... but this is just the mechanical parts...

For the anual inspection, I have to remove the strut bar ans change the alloys, because I have low profile tires.

7. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

That's awesome, I wouldn't have expected an MG to be a popular car among modders :p it's great to see a car person who is genuinely interested in performance and driving (rather than rice xD). I'm guessing the car in your pic is your own MG?

Also I'm surprised that the strut bar and wheels don't pass inspection, it seems pretty harmless :d

8. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

No, immigrants.

9. AndreRijo

AndreRijo
    Expand Collapse

They aren't, but I always love the brand and the ZT model particularly. Not my car in that picture, that is a MKII MG ZT 500(V8 petrol, 5000cc and 500CV)

My is this one:
    IMG_20161217_1634092sm.png

The strut and wheels don't cause any problem... the only problem is they are not legal. The strut can only be used if it's mentioned on the car document(practically impossible to do) and the wheels are of the correct size but the tires don't.

10. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

I love those mg's , we used to have a yellow/greenish Mgb imported from America with the rubber bumpers. We sold it when the government taxed classic cars more

11. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

From FL, USoA.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I see. It's quite nice to see a not very popular car get some love.
    Yours in particular is just amazing. I love that it's a wagon, since you wouln't expect a wagon to be very fast (although Mercedes would disagree). The wheels are the best part, they look amazingly good :D I'm guessing the stretched tires gives you more firm and precise handling around corners (which would match nicely with the stiffer suspension).

Personally I would love to take a classic corolla (KE10 - KE70) and turn it into a sporty car (Limited slip diff, better suspension, tires, engine swap, etc.) although the bank doesn't love that dream as much as I do ehe.

13. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I'm from conneticut, right in the middle of the rustbelt

14. AndreRijo

AndreRijo
    Expand Collapse

Love those old MGB's to. Although, I prefer the even older versions with the chrome metal bumpers and also de MGA's. Beautiful cars.

Thanks, still today, I can stop loving my ZT-T. I'm always pampering her and doing things. There are a lot of fast wagons out there... BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Jaguar you name it, all of them have fast wagons.

The wheels on mine, came from the a Rover 75 V8. They are incredible rare and it took me around 4 year to get a set and stupid amount of cash to... the tires have a bit of a stretch, combined with the firmer suspension and the lowering, it's amazingly good to drive even in mountain roads. Keep in mind, this is a 2 ton car with 4,79m long.

I love old Toyotas to. Got a couple of friends that have some nice ones, fully restored.

15. allen key

allen key
    Expand Collapse

i'm from Iceland

we are currently having our hottest winter ever
    it has hardly snowed, just rained alot

today
    20170125_1009371.jpg

16. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

earth

I swear if you try to find me though I will call the police.

#76 mms, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  17. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

I am on a tectonic plate that has 7-13 English speaking countries.

#77 CarBro74, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Pervin.M

Pervin.M
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I live in Azerbaijan.

I lived in sheki until 2005 but then we moved up to Baku because lack of jobs in sheki. Still I always visit my motherland :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I'm from Texas. Now in Alabama

20. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

I'm from that town 20 miles east of the Tesla HQ. Pretty obscure, don't think many have heard of it.
    upload_2017-2-1_15-29-33.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice