1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Where are we going?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EruptionTyphlosion, Nov 17, 2018.

1. veyasan.ragulan

veyasan.ragulan
    Expand Collapse

Well it seems contradictory to me, here you are wanting the devs to take their time and dial in those details yet you were upset when people were discussing small details about new content.

I fee like this is going off-topic as well, or is this OT technically since the forums are a part of BeamNG, as it's the best place to look for feedback?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It’s been a month and I still haven’t finished reading the textwall OP, I don’t think most of us know what OT is for this thread

3. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

you obviously misunderstood the original meaning, now you are twisting what I said around. I was simply saying that the nitpicking is for naught, leave the devs alone, let them work and release their stuff....I also said that it would be nice to have completely finished and working mods, so if that takes extra time, then I am cool with waiting. dont know how you are interpreting that but thats what I was saying. /topic

4. veyasan.ragulan

veyasan.ragulan
    Expand Collapse

Well we are not here to merely shake our head in approval at what "dishes" the devs serve to us, we are essentially a test--audience. Now I know that some people are too harsh in their critiques which I can agree to (to a certain extent), but there is a line between constructive criticism and "Yup, looks nice, just keep on going." Though the game is more geared towards people who engross themselves in car culture, there is a distinct audience that just likes the "crash-physics." The devs are always in a constant battle between both types: one who is more of a minority but has a powerful voice that want the "simulation" experience, while another has a vast majority who want to just have fun and see this more as a "game". I'm pretty sure Italy is releasing early to make up for delayed content, which would please the majority of players who want dev-made content. Don't worry, they're gonna still work on Italy, and continue to fix up those remaing Gremlins, so I'm happy with their decision.

P.S.: No, I'm not twisting the words you say. It just wasn't clear to me what you said (also typing on mobile sux )

5. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

You seem to be very against feedback, no?

There is a monumental difference in feedback and harsh criticism. I do not think we should attack the devs, rather we should point out the faults in the game to make it better.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. veyasan.ragulan

veyasan.ragulan
    Expand Collapse

I think the problem is that there are different interpretations of "constructive criticism" which are butting heads on several threads

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

THIS
    --- Post updated ---
    I agree with everything you wrote here. I simply want more harmony on the forums. It seems like everyone has a chip on their shoulder, and I cant seem to figure out why. Content comes out when its ready, and judging by the last 2 or 3 big updates, the content delivered has exceeded all expectations.

Its just that since the WCUSA update, there has been an influx of irrational begging and immature posts/threads/flamewars. I automatically attribute that to an increasse in game popularity, thus an increase of members joining, which equals an increase in noob/immature people flooding the threads with bullshit. Im not saying that new members are a bad thing, but this particular game/forum/idea attracts a lot of new users that have no idea how to follow the rules, or, frankly, form a complete sentence.

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think definition of majority and minority can be quite large variable too based on what I read here.

People have wants, it tends to be that world revolves around person's own desires, it causes large deviation from realities as imagination does it's thing.

In reality world does not revolve around person's own desires, but that is not seen by a person himself, it takes great efforts to see beyond impressions and whatever own imagination feeds to person.

If someone does not want great physics, but just a fun game, then I think he has bought wrong game. There are other much better suited titles for that, this one is great physics first kind of game, a sandbox where you can build anything and also does have fun game elements, but realism and great physics is what is the key aspect.

Surely there will be more of the game too, but I think if physics are not so important for a customer, then customer has got the wrong game which is unfortunate because wrong choice of game is naturally reducing enjoyment of customer and unhappy customer is not good for devs either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. iplaybeam

iplaybeam
    Expand Collapse

Imma answer the title of the thread:

IDK in what direction, but one thing is certain. And it's that we're going forward with the game. Not in a constant pace or direction, but forward, not backwards, and that's somewhere we're going. That should sum it up nicely.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Look, feedback was given. Would have been a lot easier without the consistent (and uninformed) attempts to shut down anything different from faint praise, but whatever.. Now they can do whatever they wish with feedback, even, say... save eventual tweaks for later...?

They have been doing this with every vehicle (remember how the Hopper gained folding windshield in just a few days, included in a game hotfix after its debut), it's not like anybody is pulling their hair out if some suggestions are ignored, you know...

Also, "nitpicking" is just because you give selective importance to details: an extra set of redundant front blinkers - a severe design mistake, it is quite certainly illegal...! - is irrelevant for you, but Moonhawk not having catalytic converters - mandatory since 1975 in the US, but perfectly legal everywhere else - is worth its own thread, because you're living in America! All of a sudden Beamverse following its own set of rules becomes an issue, because said fictional rules don't match regulations and customs of the context you know best. 'Mkay... :p

Coherence, please... :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

That’s a really bad idea. Just to name a few people who have joined since then:
    @rottenfitzy
    @FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL
    @Inn0centJok3r
    @veyasan.ragulan
    @98crownvic
    @fufsgfen

A lot of new members are fantastic! Not allowing them to post would be rediculous.

#551 rottenfitzy, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Personally I think the main valid issue people keep centring at is that there are a few toxic members on here, I don't know which people could be considered toxic and I'm not going to point fingers. But I think the overall solution to this would be taking complaints from people about toxic members and punishing those members. If we're not going to take action against likely underage users who haven't had their maturity smacked into them, then they'll think we can tolerate it when we infact find it abysmal.
    The reason this thread (and quite a few others) went sour in a few places is because of not very nice members who argue with people who don't accept their opinion and/or people who have a different opinion.
    Personally if action was taken against these members it'd show that the developers are willing to take action against unpleasant people which might silence a small part of the outcry.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

I’ll interpret that as me being one of the fantastic members :)

Also, I have to agree. Simply eliminating new users isn’t a good solution. Yes, there are certainly bad users, as @Cheekqo mentions, but new doesn’t equal bad. By putting in something restricting new users, yes, maybe you filter out the bad, but also the good new users, which isn’t good for anybody.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

That's racism
    Guess I will start my exodus from here then.
    Shall we go to the promised land, "automation people.

But where are we going?
    Towards a fully fledged game with many possibilities. Since this game is based on research, I would not be surprised if it will turn into a released game and a physics engine and ai playground for companies as a service. ( If this inspired you, please send commission)
    The devs might even sell this and go on with something else. Who knows. Just speculation.

To base development on the amount of cars and maps that are being put out is silly and non-representative. (Just dumb)
    There might be some things to improve on, both on the game and internally but in general, it is quite a feat that this team managed to survive this long, grow up to this size and have such a big, active and mostly nice community.

But the real answer to this thread is: we cannot know where we are going. Probably to the edge of the universe, together with the rest of the solar system.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 6
  15. iplaybeam

iplaybeam
    Expand Collapse

I can't tell if that's Microplagiarism or an appreciation?

OT: I only join for one year, are you really going to let people 3ys and over for that thread

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I guess I'm not allowed to be in that group of elite 3 years of service and older then as if I'm not horrible badly doing this math thing, I'm one of the new members with 1 year and some months of service.

Maybe I stop posting then, maybe that is better for all anyways, after all I do have automation mods too.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Account age restriction would be an incredibly superficial way of discerning "good" from "bad" community members, if we ever need any...

I'd rather have you over many so-called "forum veterans", to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  18. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Exactly, you and @fufsgfen have done so much more for the community than many 'forum veterans' have. The time you join should have nothing to do with what kind of a person you are and how worthy your opinion is, and it shouldn't define your maturity either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, but I haven't really done much for the community, other than letting my Grumpy Koala Self™ miss a good deal of opportunities to shut the eff' up... ;)

20. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Aside from the fact you created one of the best mods ever made and help others with their own mods too. That's benefiting the community a lot more than others do :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice