1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.39 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

What's with this FPS issue?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Dummiesman, Jan 18, 2014.

  1. logoster

    logoster
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2012
    Messages:
    2,084

    no, i7 = 4 cores, and 4 threads (or 2 threads, if its a 6 core i7, which is actually more common than an 8 core)
     
  2. TheAdmiester

    TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2012
    Messages:
    599
    An i7 is two threads per core, meaning it IS 8 threads.
     
  3. moosedks

    moosedks
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2012
    Messages:
    1,113
    have you tried a simple restart and reinstall?

    I know it sounds dumb but it works so often
     
  4. Singh336

    Singh336
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2013
    Messages:
    208
    I have a core i7 920 on the pc i play beamng with, the cpu handles it just find in most cases, im sure it wouldn't be happy with more then 3-4 cars on screen.

    I'm getting a new gfx card because I originally built this pc for audio processing, so i had a 4850 ati card which surprisingly is bring me 40+ fps in most situations with max settings but lower resolution,

    I want to know if anyone is using a GTX 580 , GTX 760, GTX 680 , R9 270 etc and what they think?

    My budget is about $200 or less for a video card, once upon a time I didn't have cars and other hobbies so u used to buy the latest and greatest but definitely not these days.
     
  5. Bubbleawsome

    Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2012
    Messages:
    1,887
    The hd7790/r9260x (same silicon) runs the game all medium at a solid 50fps. The r9270/270x can max the game at >30fps. A gtx 680/770 can max the game 100% except for on a select few maps. The gtx 670/760 does well too.

    Sillicon matchup.
    680/770
    7970/280x
    760/670
    7870/270/270x
     
  6. Singh336

    Singh336
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2013
    Messages:
    208
    Thanks for your post, it seems like the best bang for my buck would probably be the 760 as i could find them on ebay for ~ $200, its funny the older but same 670 can't be touched used for less than $300.


    Anyone have experience with GTX 580 ? I only consider because one is for sale locally and I might be able to grab it for $100-$140 after haggling
     
  7. Bubbleawsome

    Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2012
    Messages:
    1,887
    It's fast, but power hungry and lacks VRAM. I recommend either the r9 270 (non-x) or gtx 760.
     
  8. Singh336

    Singh336
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2013
    Messages:
    208
    Thanks for your reply, i had to go with the 580 because it was cheaper and local.

    Wasn't too concerned with power because I run a 1300watt psu from years ago when I built my core 2 extreme setup.

    Very happy with the performance with the card in BeamNG so far, it seems that cpu is the bottlekneck which is what I was hoping for.

    I'll upgrade cpu ram mobo and get a SSD later this year, for now, totally fine as is.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice