What smartphone do you use?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Wheelie, Dec 14, 2014.

1. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Nokia Lumia 635. I like it. Does everything I need to do and the processor is pretty quick for a cheap phone. Pretty durable to.

2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Samsung Galaxy S2 running CM11. Hopefully Lollipop will be daily driver ready in the next month or so, its nice to see that people have already got it running though. Love this phone.

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Sony Xperia M. I like it. Does the job. Most new phones are too big for me, I hate massive phones.

Root it. Can uninstall factory apps then.

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

If you are feeling a bit more adventurous then it is really easy to install CyanogenMod. While i personally haven't used the installer (Hipster moment :p : I was running CM before the installer was available) i know a few people who have and they havent had any issues although they are fairly technical people. But from the instructions you should be able to see that it isn't a particularly complex procedure
    http://beta.download.cyanogenmod.org/install

5. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

lel, i'm the exact opposite of the statement, i absolutley love massive phones and phablets and all that

would get a nexus 6 if it wasn't for the insane price

6. EvilSoul

EvilSoul
    Expand Collapse

Sony Xperia Z2. A bit bricky but apart from that, I love it.

7. Spartacus

Spartacus
    Expand Collapse

iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB. Freaking awesome. :cool:

8. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Galaxy SIII :(

9. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Currently have a year and a half old iPhone 5 on the newest version of iOS. No cracks or anything except a dent on the top right from a drop.

I'm growing increasingly tired of iOS though. I was an Apple fanboy at first but now I finally see all the places it falls short. It runs incredibly slow now with iOS8, and I'm always battling myself with finding enough storage for anything with my 16gb (nearly 5 of which is taken with Apples crappy default apps which I never even use half of). Also, lately my phone has been deciding to totally ignore my wifi network. I'll have full wifi and it will simply not load anything no matter how long I wait. Or I'll be streaming something and it just stops working. After a restart or 2 I may be able to get it working but it's a serious burden. Not to mention the battery I have to charge twice a day. I pretty much struggle to find any benefits in the software or hardware. There really isn't any point in upgrading to the 6 since it's the exact same phone for all I care, except with a crappier build quality and a fingerprint scanner, which isn't a huge deal to me anyways. I seriously can't wait until I can get a new phone next summer. I'm eyeing the Nexus 6 or the Note 4 but I can't really decide just yet.

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I can certainly understand where you're coming from.
    I haven't had any big problems with ios, yet, I'm just bored of it.
    I want something more. IOS is so basic and simple. It doesn't do any more than simple tasks.
    I'm just overwhelmed by all of the other choices out there. I can't decide what I want. Each phone has way too many pros and cons to it, and I can't decide what I care about most.

11. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

HTC Raider. No, nothing about it is good, nor was it when it came out. My favorite feature is how the camera auto focuses perfectly, then focuses all the way out before taking the photo once you hit the shutter button.

12. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Galaxy S4 running 4.3, rooted, and modified with Xposed.

13. Kinect

Kinect
    Expand Collapse

Samsung Galaxy Grand, but....
    The phone got stolen by BLOODY thief :(
    So now i have a Nokia Lumia 610 (which is terrible :p)

14. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Galaxy S2, battery is dying and part of the backlight is dead.

I need to replace it. Probably gonna be a Lumia 630, something simple and affordable. Also windows phone because I like creating WF stuff when I'm bored and there is no reason for me to have Android.

15. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. I can't wait to get my hands on Android. I've already tried Windows and wasn't very pleased, and the same is happening with iOS. Hopefully the third time's a charm lol
    There are just so many features. So many things to manipulate and make the way I want.
    I really want a phone with removable storage but that pretty much only includes Samsung, which I'm not entirely sold on. There is so much crap on Samsung phones that I'll never use and their version of Android just seems cluttered and unorganized. Loving what I'm seeing with Android lollipop so far and the Nexus looks sick, but by the time my plan runs out the next one will be released in just a few months. Kinda bad timing. Still leaning towards it though

16. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

iPhone 6 Plus.

17. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Most Sony's have removable storage and their modded android is pretty damnnclose to stock.

18. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

Samsung Galaxy Tab , Asus Zenfone 5

19. Quannix

Quannix
    Expand Collapse

Nexus 5. Been using it for a little while at this point, no problems what so ever. Plus, I'm running Android 5.0 which is neat.

20. Razer-11

Razer-11
    Expand Collapse

Samsung Galaxy S4, running 4.3.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice