1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

what has the beamng youtube community come to

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moses72, Sep 17, 2021.

1. IonicOwl

IonicOwl
    Expand Collapse

My basic rule for BeamNG content on YouTube is to avoid any videos with third-party cars in the thumbnail. I've fallen victim to clickbait in the past, so I tend to only watch BeamNG related content from these channels:

• Jimmy Broadbent
    • Xpertgamingtech
    • FailRace
    • viperconcept
    • CToretto
    • Boosted Media
    • Ermin Hamidovic
    • MuYe
    • BeamNG.drift

All are good for various reasons. MuYe and Jimmy for the meme content, though Jimmy also drives properly, just like Boosted Media and Ermin. Xpertgamingtech is great for offroading content, CToretto for drifting, FailRace for general stuff (though he does use mods sometimes, but from the official repos).

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Its not only on youtube.

Attached Files:

• 6D1D839C-6842-440D-9C38-C2DF89DD4CC4.png
    • 65160DDF-B29C-4B8A-BB4B-30F3EEF03AA0.png
    • 222CF860-3594-46EE-A3D0-74750CAA9617.png
    • 362F74B2-EEBF-47D5-9A41-576684DF6447.png
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SRT_Gamer

SRT_Gamer
    Expand Collapse

what the fuk

4. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Failrace's Driven till Destruction series are highly recommended.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Best BeamNG related series on YouTube, really shows how cars can be pushed to the limits in this game and still behave realistically (except for some mods he used sometimes), and how the game simulates gradual destruction of vehicle components from hard driving. Someone should make a new track for this series, that doesn't have many jumps to prevent oilpan damage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

it used to be radiator damage before lmao, now its just oilpan damage and car runs out of oil xD

7. Aari

Aari
    Expand Collapse

oh for god sake

Attached Files:

• Screenshot2021-09-18144623.png
    • Screenshot2021-09-18144707.png
    • Screenshot2021-09-18144718.png
    • Screenshot2021-09-18144746.png
    • Like Like x 7
  8. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

…

9. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Although there are a few exceptions, such as:

CrashBoomPunk

Car Pal

CrashBoomPunk sometimes uses real cars for thumbnails but only uses repo mods for his video, and his police chases are very fun.
    Car Pal is good to watch too although he does use bootleg mods.

FrizErls series is also great.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

How about making an "indestructible oil pan" mod instead, the problem is the oil starvation damage accumulate over time and it cannot be undone. radiator damage, on the other hand, does not accumulate engine itself damage. Failrace managed to drive many vehicles with radiator damage without engine overheating damage, by cooling though the shallow grave.

In other words, if oil pan is damaged, the engine will die regardless how you drive afterwards, if only radiator is damaged, you can still make the engine without any damage, by driving though shallow water from time to time, until other damages(such as steering) immobilize your vehicle.
    --- Post updated ---
    How about Neilogical and WhyBeAre?

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

i swear i saw something like that once, hold on

12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

CrashBoomPunk does use the 'third-party' (meaning private made for him, not Russian) mods in the videos themselves, but usually only in the scenes where the thumbnail comes from. I think it's a good compromise because it's technically not misleading but still brings views to the video. Fun fact, my friend does the subtitles to his police chases, and they are half the fun of watching them. And they even have their own lore, you would be really surprised to see how deep it goes, but you'd have to do some research to find all of it... Or keep watching the videos where it's slowly being revealed and would take like 10 years to show it all lol. Also I don't get why some people don't like CrashBoomPunk or judge him as a person by looking at his channel (or only at his thumbnails), he's a really nice person and you can tell that by looking at how he replies to comments on his videos, even to hate comments. Also he reads literally ALL of his comments, even when I once commented on a 4 years old video he made, he still replied, that's some dedication lol
    Car Pal is like the only youtuber ever who can make good content with bad mods, idk how he manages to do it. Yes he does use bootleg websites, he metioned it in a reply to a comment years ago, probably nothing changed since then. The content is so entertaining that nobody even cares that the cars don't crash that well.
    Frizeris is also great, he made the most action-packed plot in the history of BeamNG movies, and it all makes sense somehow, feels like watching Hollywood movies lol. As far as I know the mods he uses are sometimes made specifically for video purposes so in normal scenarios they probably crash bad. At least they are not Russian.
    Neilogical sticks to repo mods in his normal videos, and only uses bootleg ones in multiplayer ones, which is technically not his fault, because he doesn't know what quality the mods on the server are before joining. He's one of the few youtubers who still do proper mod review videos, obviously nowhere near as good as WhyBeAre used to do, but still.
    The only time I have seen WhyBeAre use a bootleg mod was many years ago when he just showed how bad it is, and got hate in the comments from kids who liked the mod. But it literally had Jbeam stoled from another mod and a high poly model ripped from some GTA mod, it spiked a lot in crashes, and dumb kids were saying it's an ultra realistic simulation of carbon fiber... that's why he never used a bootleg mod in a video ever again lol

And about the oil pans in Driven Till Destruction... One of the key factors of this series is realistic damage, and making the oil pan indestructible kinda ruins it. It would be better to add some LUA that refills the oil on the car each time it crosses some trigger on the finish line on each lap. Because irl they would just refill the oil instead of replacing the oil pan, to my knowledge that's just what most people do with a leaking oil pan, just keep refilling oil lol

• Like Like x 6
  13. superglitchy21

superglitchy21
    Expand Collapse

Remember that Lambo mod he reviewed?

14. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

That's not quite a bootleg mod, at least the Jbeam fits the shape

15. SRT_Gamer

SRT_Gamer
    Expand Collapse

I used to like CrashBoomPunk, with all his lore with Darkstig, and the officers-damn, what was that guy called again that always drove a Fiat 126P/Fiat Uno? But i lost him out of the eye for good.
    FrIzErIz is another defintion of good.
    I absolutely love his videos.

16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Used to be called Wreckmeister but now known more as Ziggy because people could never pronounce his last name so now they use the first one lol
    And now that the Fiat Uno mod is broken he uses a Wigeon instead

17. SRT_Gamer

SRT_Gamer
    Expand Collapse

ah yeees Wreckmeister... i remember
    I was wondering why he's called that because Meister is german for Master

18. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The origin of his name was that originally his license plate said "wreckme" so they made a name out of that lol

19. SRT_Gamer

SRT_Gamer
    Expand Collapse

I don't wanna know at which Episode he is now, it would make me feel me very old

20. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Failrace is chad :p

• Agree Agree x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice