What do you think about NFS Undercover and ProStreet?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by C747, Jul 9, 2017.

?

Which one was Better?

1. NFS Undercover

26.3%
  2. NFS ProStreet

73.7%
  1. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

People might say it's bad, other might say it's sort of meh, other Good, for me both are okay but in a way or another, a sense of hate to EA triggers in me due to push TOO MUCH to Black Box...

Well, Opinions...

2. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

ProStreet is hella underrated.
    Undercover, not so.

3. jackrallye

jackrallye
    Expand Collapse

Undercover was mediocre at best.
    Prostreet was amazing. I really loved the whole vibe of the game, and it had the one of the best customization systems of any racing game ever in my eyes.

4. carlosjr

carlosjr
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I played pro street on Wii for the longest time and loved it on there, when I got it on pc it was so much better lmao

5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I thought Undercover was a fine game but too short, Prostreet is one of my all time favorite games.

6. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

I never played Prostreet because I'm not a big fan of the "on track" racing games but I did play Undercover both the PC and PS2 versions of the game. Both sucked. Police ai should only be that stupid if they have infinite speed hacks but they don't in undercover. It was really hard to make money after the ending of the game. The best way to make money was to do a single checkpoint race that gave you 7k per win (Test Drive Unlimited 2 did this as well unless you gambled online). Some customization could not be undone such as putting a wing on a Mclaren f1. Heat level meant nothing because after a certain point you will only experience certain police agencies or above. After the ending of the game you will only go against the FBI in chases even if your heat is lvl1. The races were kinda boring but I think that has to do something with the fact that I was younger and had no idea what the story was. It had to do with a briefcase with UAV controls or something idk.
    Cars felt lame, the cops suck (except the helicopter who was smart and called for spike strips all the time), races were disappointing and the map was just confusing. Idk what I did but I just could not read the map on the map screen. It took me 3 hours to figure out how to access the garage on the PC version. The only NFS I rate lower then this is The Run but that's a hole different story.

7. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Both raunchy, fail physics, fail gameplay. NFS fans hate them for a reason.

The above complaints regarding Undercover are absolutely correct; once you get to a certain point the only way to avoid a massive FBI chase after the cops spot you is to make like the shadows at high noon and then not get spotted again - and luck is a large factor in this undertaking. If the helicopter spawns, it's almost guaranteed to spot you (hiding in a tunnel doesn't seem to help much) and if they or another ground unit spots you then you're running for your life against a hundred million thousand billion haxxy police SUVs and spike strips every 5 feet. Not fun when you're just out for a rip in a low-level car. If you're playing with a wheel, it gets even worse, as the force feedback is, by default, so weak that you can't even hold the car steady in a straight line (though you can turn it up), and the game itself was not designed to work with a wheel like a G27 that has an H-shifter and multiple function buttons per side. The paddles are assigned to functions other than shifting (I seem to recall one of them is the parking brake), the left-side function buttons on the wheel all have the same function (and same with the right side), and you're stuck using the H-shifter without a clutch to go through the gears... which means that if you have a 7+-speed car (and there are a few), you're locked out of top gear and need longer gears to compensate. Meanwhile, the steering is tetchy as heck whether you're using a pad or a wheel, and the physics are nothing short of terrible, with magic hyper-grip tires that make cars borderline uncontrollable on the game's many undulating roads. Put it all together, and you'll probably go slower with a wheel, but the whole game is a pain if you like to drive steady and take corners precisely... or not be exposed to morally questionable imagery, for that matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice