1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think of the new Roamer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kasey1776, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

My point, is that the lack of the clean line at the top isn't worth changing, nor is it a "Chinese ripoff" because you dislike it. It's fine to dislike it, but I think going around dissing it, and calling it a Chinese ripoff because you dislike it, and its unique, is a pretty stupid thing to do.

You can share your opinion, just don't insult it by calling it a knockoff. Just say you don't like the way the headlights meet up with the grille, and you can leave it at that.

My problem with you is you are calling it a Chinese ripoff just because it is unique, and something you haven't usually seen before, so you insult it.

You clearly aren't calling it a Chinese knockoff due to styling points, from what I have seen, because the Chinese SUV you linked looks obviously more similar in the way the lights meet up with the grille to the IRL cars, rather than the Roamer, which is your whole point.

TLDR. My only quarrel is with you insulting it just because you don't like it. Case closed. :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

i think it's beautiful the new roamer. I prefer this than the previous roamer. Nice work Beamng;);););)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

All I did was say:
    If that's an unbearable insult, then what would I call this:
    I'd rather make something that someone calls 'a badly made stolen version of something' than make what someone calls 'so terrible looking that it haunts me at night', so don't go after me like I'm someone who just demeans everything I don't like.
    --- Post updated ---
    And apologies for sandwiching your thought in this stupid argument.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

I only said that because you have already insulted the initial roamer. You can't insult something and expect for your iteration not to be insulted. If you're so offended, imagine what the devs would feel about everyone running around saying that "It looks like a Chinese knockoff", when they clearly put their time and effort into it, yet you spent a couple of minutes in Adobe Photoshop.

What goes around comes around.

And please, don't act like calling something a knockoff isn't an insult. You are just reducing all the blood, sweat, and tears they put into this as a shitty, foreign mimic. Please, don't be so naive. It's obviously a clear insult about the Roamer.

You're getting on my nerves at this point.

#64 Alieu, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

This is from the devblog: "we are introducing a new facelift version." I am not saying that it is so terrible, nor am I saying they didn't put effort into it, I was just posting my thoughts on what kind of facelift it made me think of. The title of the thread is "What do you think of the new Roamer?" We are permitted to post our thoughts, especially on threads that say "what do you think...?" The title of the thread is not "How can you disagree with other's thoughts about the Roamer?" You have been on my nerves ever since calling what was clearly a quick mock-up nightmarish, and then proceeding to be insulted as though the new Roamer was your work, despite clearly insulting my actual work.

I will not respond from here on out so say what you will. I think you've distracted from the point of this thread and I've fallen into the hole of thinking I could actually explain what I meant to you.

6. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

Not going to respond after this either.

My WHOLE thing is saying that you don't have to like it. I'm not forcing you to. Just don't insult it.

I've fallen into your same type of hole.

7. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

I'm gonna report us just so poor @Kasey1776 can have his thread back - we shouldn't get any warnings as I will explain that in the reason.

Reporting done, left the first two (one for each of us) but the rest should leave soon.

#67 Slugfest, Aug 9, 2020
  8. appesh1

appesh1
    Expand Collapse

Yas queen, argument on an internet game forum people decided to devote 30 or more minutes of their life on paragraphs that will get them nowhere :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

Spot on! Slayy queen!

10. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

New Roamer is nice, gives it new life. All I could think of was a Lincoln Navigator and I like the idea. I can't wait for the Grand Marshall facelifts.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

That is actually giving me ideas! I never thought of a Grand Marshal facelift, a new one could be dope! I don’t know if we will get one though, because we got a Grand Marshal remaster recently.
    --- Post updated ---
    Gotta say, that was a really professional way of handling the situation, so that the author doesn’t have to deal with our BS lol

#71 Alieu, Aug 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Lol, Tbh. I think people on the web will insult things no matter what. Tbh, I really like the new Roamer and it totally doesn't look like a Chinese ripoff. Sure, the grill might be a little bit bigger then usual, but I don't see it as a ripoff at all, let alone a Chinese one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

I personally love the design. It's got the front of a '99 Cadillac Escalade and the rear of a '98 Toyota Land Cruiser, the two most iconic luxury SUV models. My only complaint would be that there's no high-end luxury variant released under the Burnside marque, though that could still come in the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

From RoR lore tye last burnside car that we know of was made in the 70s. it is reasonable to assume that it still exists. so a higer end trim would be very cool, mabye when the new (badly needed) UI releases. like a ford explorer (roamer)/lincoln navigator (luxury variant of the roamer with a luxury brand)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I cant get it to load right, reverified my files, but the rear spindles wont load in for some weird reason, I know its a mod bug but I cant figure out where it is but in safe mode it looks great

16. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Getting a bit off topic here, but personally I would put it under a new marque. Even if we are ignoring it's RoR lore, I just can't imagine a 2000's Burnside SUV.

I realize that we don't know anything official about Burnside other than the '53 Special and Pete Burnside JR, but the name just reminds me of Buick/Mercury/Oldsmobile. A luxury marque that's under a second luxury marque, mostly made boring old person cars, went defunct in the 2000's (or earlier. Or in the case of Buick, probably should have), and never made a full sized SUV.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

I agree with you (think about an imperial or even worse a packard suv?) but old fashioned brands like Lincoln and Cadillac made SUVs in the late 90s. Earlier that decade one was busy making pig shaped cars, which were shone upon by the browne light of the northstar, and the other brand was making the exquisite but obsolete towncar.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

not to mention the (smaller) oldsmobile bravada and mercury mountaineer.

19. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Lincoln and Caddilac had full sized SUVs, but they were the top marque and are still around. The middle marques, which is what I personally see Burnside as, made small/mid sized SUVs, but not full sized like the Roamer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

these early "civilized" SUVs were all terrible cars (except the navigator), from the northstar, to just plain ugly for no apparent reason, to the low revving, slow revving vulcan v6... Also mercury mariner and similar anyone? i don't get why people seem to hate the new roamer, in the late 90s and early 2000s suv style was terrible, because in most cases they put a new body on 70s chassis and with 70s technology. Think about the 2nd gen chevy s10 blazer...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice