What did you do to your vehicle today?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by BBQ, Nov 29, 2014.

1. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

I think we'd all take the Beamer over that silver euro trash up the back.

2. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

wait is that a itallian car thats not on fire? something isnt right here

3. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

The thing is, in that picture the question would be which Beamer. The 2002 is probably the most iconic but I'm more partial to the 635 and the E46.

4. S54B32

S54B32
    Expand Collapse

If only you had seen what had parked up next to my car a few minutes after I took the picture, I almost threw up.
    hKqZLy1.jpg

5. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

6. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

No.gif

7. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

So you like ugly rice modifications?

8. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

FLEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX2

ca0656b0b6.jpg 74f61c2864.jpg

Also tried to flip my car at 60km/h cause that's possible in FWD apparently.
    [webm=]http://puu.sh/iXfwV/c1595b9827.mp4[/webm]

Conclusion:
    • It's not going to happen
    • I got lots of understeer
    • It hurts my tires
    • It throws me around a lot

Note: These aren't even public roads any more, they're all abandoned due to the earthquake a few years ago.

#788 DrowsySam, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  9. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Meh. As long as you know the basics of using a manifold, you're not gonna hurt anything. I mean, I didn't fail that bad. I just couldn't get the refrigerant to go into the AC system, even with the compressor engaged. All of the instructions I found on the internet right then involved charging a system that's completely out, not just topping one off. You can top it off, can't you? Or do you have to pull a vacuum on it and evacuate the whole damn thing? Bah, whatever. I got discouraged and just put everything up.
    Today I drove it to get pizza and it was idling completely normal in gear with the ac on, no surging. I don't know man.
    I also finished up my aux install thing. Pretty happy with it so far.
    Also, according to the meter, I've put 3 idle hours on this car since I got it. What's a few more when you have almost 5,000?

#789 Potato, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  10. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

I love the Carina. I don't know why but It just speaks to me.

11. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

I know a girl named Karina.

:^)

12. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Are you tapin that?

13. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Carina speaks to me too, it's so special :')

I might get some standard looking mags for it instead of steelies with hubcaps.

14. Erik.s

Erik.s
    Expand Collapse

Handbrake.

- - - Updated - - -

I see you made it eat some grass too.

15. BBQ

BBQ
    Expand Collapse

Can someone give me a hand here? I'm trying to diagnose a fault code on my car since when I floor it in high revs for some seconds, the engine electronics light comes on in the dash and I then have very low and rough idle, around 200-300RPM.

To read fault codes on an pre-July 1988 Audi 80 you turn on the ignition, open the fuse box in the engine compartment and short-circuit a place for a fuse ontop of the fuel pump relay and then the engine light will flash in sequences. Funny but simple construction.

As I can read it out, the code is 2212, which is Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) fault or TPS circuit. Here's the guide (scroll down to page 78): http://cx.podolsk.ru/xm/docum/Haynes_Automotive_Diagnostic_Fault_Codes.pdf

And here's a video of me reviewing the code:

Let me know if you think my theory is right.

The very long flash is telling that the code is done reading and restarts again.

#795 BBQ, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  16. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Låter som att du förstått det rätt ;) Symptomen låter som något som kan komma av en kass TPS. Du kan eventuell komma undan med att enbart ställa in den igen, de kan tappa sin grundposition och då ger de fel volt. Det får du mäta fram med en multimeter :)

Today i did something unusual, i removed all the airbags due to not beeing allowed to keep them when i re-register my car as a 'modified vehicle'.
    Im driving a 350Z with a v8 swap. To drive it legally i also had to swap transmission, rear axle (rear subframe, arms, diff and so on) and also replace the complete brake system with non-bolt-on parts.

17. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Huh, airbag removal is a bit strange?

The other stuff though seems quite logical. Need a tranny to mate to the v8 and take its power anyway, need a diff to take the power. Plus if you're going faster you might want to stop faster :p

18. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I know a guy that bought a 90s civic or accord or something a few years ago and took everything out of it that wasn't integral to the operation of the car, including airbags. When he was done with it, it'd do 0-60 in like 6 something seconds.
    He smashed it into a light pole on an interstate off ramp a month later.

19. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

And regretted ditching of the airbags?

20. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Nah, he was fine. Walked away from it. That's the same guy that was in 3 different accidents before he was 18. The gutted ricer, he smashed an old odyssey into the back of an SUV, and something else. Not sure. His insurance premiums must be through the roof.
    I got some estimates on paint for the crown vic. It'd cost $200 to get the rear passenger door repainted.
    I think I'm gonna buy a paint gun and try to do it myself. I already have a big air compressor and a large enclosed garage. If I mess it up and it looks like shit I'll just drop it off at the paint place and have them repaint it for 200 bucks.
    Its worth a try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice