What did you do to your vehicle today?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by BBQ, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Does it make any noise when turning sharp? When switching into reverse from a forward gear? Just one bang? Any noise while driving?
    Gotta agree with what is stated above. Axle is suspect.

2. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Only when starting its probably the axles then

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Monday, annual inspection on subaru. Passed, only advisory item being clouded headlights, tried polishing them but think they just need replacing. Also had ride in boyfriends car. Hilarious how far forward he has the seat at 5ft/152cm tall. Everything rattles, everything. It is falling apart

4. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

i did some handbrake turns in mine on the snow and noticed my exhaust headers are leaking it now at least sounds awesome

5. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

And you’re breating CO. Fix it.

6. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

yeah youre right i should really fix it but currently i dont have the time or space to do that so its gonna have to wait till summer. But the car is only gonna drive till the end of march.

7. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I'm surprised the bronco doesn't have an exaust leak due to poor craftsmanship since the welds are ugly and the whole thing is held up with improvised mounts tied to the factory ones

8. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

I did mechanicking.

WP_20190130_15_46_04_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190130_15_53_18_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I started the bronco since it has been really cold the last few days. I am amazed that the Walmart battery in there hasn't died once yet with how cold it is now, I also found a vintage cassette head unit(late 80's-early 90's) in the basement and I want to put it in because a working tape deck would be cool, I don't think the current one does anything besides AUX, I could just stop at Five Below and grab a cassette to AUX converter and stick that in there and throw some cassettes in the holder in the dash. and of course I also need to put in new speakers because every single one is blown and they are Walmart ones anyway. First things first though I need new tires and a bunch of other stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

TBF, if you can find the line level feed from the tape preamp to the amplifier itself (assuming it's not some crazy single stage amplifier, though that was rare) you can often tap in an aux, or Bluetooth

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I think to do with the adjustment mechanism. I can easily see an early mechanism hinging the headlight at the bottom, spring loading it at the top and then just having like a screw push it from behind

Purely a guess though

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Took a while to clean it good, but it was really fitly, mostly with dust happily. The interior is close to immaculate, only that ugly mid 2000s radio really waste it all.
    Also came with approximatly 300 coats of floor mats.
    IMG_20190203_160357.jpg IMG_20190203_160342.jpg
    IMG_20190203_160642.jpg
    I probably also have the weirdest seat adjustments in existence

IMG_20190203_163613.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Quel moteur a la voiture? Essence ou diesel?

15. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Hm, I wasn't too sure what engine I should, well a diesel for sure, since I'm planning on doing a lot of miles, and we all now how expensive is fuel, here, in Europe.

I was originally looking for the 2.5TD, but they were specific to both the 605 and XM, meaning parts are rare, expensive, and it's quite a pain to work on because of its size.

So I went with the more mainstream option the 2.1t (xud11 bte) which make around 110hp/ 250nm. It's not fast in anyway but a bigger engine would have been a pain with insurance, mpg...
    It does 0-100 in something 12-13sc, it's plenty enough for me, and for what the car is. It's very responsive and torquey. And, most important, very reliable.

16. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

That's basically it. The screw on the left side adjusts left/right, and there's another on the bottom for up/down.

@Potato

17. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Installed a K&N filter. A slight increase in noise and power.

18. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Pretty standard for the time, my '79 T/A has springs on the housings as well and I have seen it on other cars too

19. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Changed my temperature/clock display. Some higher end models showed fuel consumption and range but mine sadly doesn't (poor man specs lol).
    IMG_20190209_115958.jpg
    It's fairly straight forward, tho you have to disassemble a bunch of stuff. At least I fixed the air vents that were disconnected in the mean time. Everything uses torxs.
    Was a 10€ part anyway. Wasn't expecting to find parts so easily honestly. Not that mainstream of a car
    IMG_20190209_120219.jpg IMG_20190209_173842.jpg
    Quite funny to see how the dash is just covered with fake leather lol, does make for a nice finish though

20. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

dove around 200km´s yesterday im surprised how nice it is for a long distance car i know worse cars that are way younger than a 19 year old golf. I also found a cruisecontrol for my golf it only costs 40 euros im actually rather tempted to get it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice