What car were/are you driving on your driving lessons?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Youngtimer, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Youngtimer

Youngtimer
    Expand Collapse

I'm currently taking my driving lessons, and there I'm driving a 2006 Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVT-i. So, I wondered what were/are you driving on your driving lessons?

#1 Youngtimer, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I learned to drive on two cars - my dad's 2007 1.4 diesel Corolla for general driving, and my aunt's US-market 2015 Fiat 500 with an automatic for driving with an auto (which I liked).

Also a brief fling with my uncle's 2006 Volvo V70 2.4D and a 1999 FSO Polonez Caro Plus that used to belong to my grandpa, but is now mine.

Actual driving lessons? If I have time in this academic year, I might be starting soon, because previously it was a mix of medical and time issues.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mfaughnan57

mfaughnan57
    Expand Collapse

Learned to drive in my dad's LR Disco Sport, took driving school in a beat up hybrid Camry with a christmas tree dashboard, and learned to drive stick in my mom's Mini Cooper. Definitely got a good range of experience in those ones.

#3 mfaughnan57, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  4. SquarebodyChevy

SquarebodyChevy
    Expand Collapse

The first vehicle I drove (in a parking lot when I was about 12) was my grandfathers 2002 Silverado, the first vehicle I drove on the road was my dads 2017 F150. During my lessons I drove a Chevy Malibu and a Hyundai Elantra, and a different Malibu for my test.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

the first vehicle I drove on the road was my dad's old '97-and-a-half hilux, and the second vehicle I drove was my grandpa's '61 bedford TJ. quite an interesting vehicle to drive, i did somehow manage to double-clutch it into 2nd once.

• Like Like x 3
  6. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

When I was first learning how to drive, my dad was frequently taking business trips and would let me drive his rental car before he returned it. This was before I had my learner's permit, so it was all in empty parking lots. Two of the cars I remember were the 2012 Ford Fusion and 2013 Chevy Sonic. I recall the Ford being quite nice to drive and the Chevy being quite annoying.

When I was in driving school, I drove one of the school's 2006-2011 Nissan Versa sedans. That car was such a shitbox; I remember the instructor having me take the shortest freeway on-ramp in the area, and even after he corrected my hesitant acceleration by flooring the second accelerator, it still took around 10 seconds to reach highway speeds.

Finally, for my DMV driving test, I was in my mom's old 2005 Subaru Forester. This was the same car that, just a few months later, was wrecked when I was T-boned by a red light runner. That's also one of the reasons why my first (and current) car is also a Subaru.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice