1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

What car/brand is used most in games?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prizedcoffeecup, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Prizedcoffeecup

Prizedcoffeecup
    Expand Collapse

i want to start off with saying this is for the discussion of the most widely used car/brand of vehicles in games...

heres my top five list...

#1 Any Lambhorghini
    #2 Chevrolet Corvette
    #3 Ford Crown Victoria (taxis/police)
    #4 Toyota Supra (often the newer ones,)
    #5 Volkswagen

I would love to hear your suggestions, comments. also some of the worst cars that keep reappearing, let me know too!

2. Scudetto

Scudetto
    Expand Collapse

You mean you use or game developers makes to the game?

Some most used cars in games are (I guess)

Ford GT (GT3 - 6, FM1 - 5, PGR 1 - 4, Midnight Club LA, GRID, TDU 1 - 2, (even GTA "Bullet"), NFS WM, C, PS, Shift 2, Driver San Francisco. Endless list..

Some other cars are Lancer Evo, Corvette..

#2 Scudetto, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  3. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

Id love a crown victoria

4. VIN666

VIN666
    Expand Collapse

To the OP's question:
    My thinking is that most of the car games with extensive car selection are of asian origin.
    So therefore I would say the top five car brands in terms of how many GB of video game cars there are have to be:

Nissan
    Honda
    Toyota
    Subaru
    Mitsubishi

Think about it, just the GT series has to account for about 350 different Skylines...

5. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

6. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

vw t4 2002 camper is one i would love to see

7. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

Way off topic.

Mostly Nissan and Honda. Ford Crown Vic? I have never seen it in a game. As a car you can select, anyway. And yeah, game developers go way overboard with the Skyline/Z lines, sooo played out.

8. jotaonze

jotaonze
    Expand Collapse

Erm.. You do realize he has been banned for quite a long time, right?

OT: I think they use mostly Asian like most people here say.
    I use pre-1980s cars and tune them up anyway.

9. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

Yea I realize that lol still off topic. As well as another post a few up ^^ Anyway Im sick of the nissans already. Id love it if game developers could use more mainstream cars, a new Camry with the V6 is fast as shit, as well as A4's and plain 3 series (non M series) theres a lot about these cars that are great, and don't cost 84,000 to buy. And the amount of upgrades (such as in Forza or GT) could be just as good, having mad sleepers raping skylines and evos would be funny.

10. blackcobra122

blackcobra122
    Expand Collapse

Probaly Lancer Evolution X And Ferrari Enzo Pagani's Etc.

11. nandee

nandee
    Expand Collapse

In that case you aren't alone! I loved GT2 (yeah I know old...) because it had everyday cars. For example there was the Alfa 155 and in GT you could get the 1.6 TS, 2.0 TS and the 2.5 V6 (I'm not 100% sure), and if I remember correctly, you could even buy 4 door skylines, which was funny!
    When I saw that there was a Ford Transit SSV in Forza 4 i was super happy, because I always wanted to race a van, just for fun. And yeah, all these AMGs, Ms are getting boring.
    I wish there will be a racing game with decent graphics, and good physics that will have old mainstream cars like the 126P, Wartburg, Lada, and all these DDR/communist "crap" with some sick engine upgrades, or even swaps... And if beamng will be successful enough I'm sure ppl will do these kind of mods!

12. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

yeah like a crappy lada with 400 whp RWD would be an interesting car. for sure. they need to get off the super high performance bandwagon as far as car models that otherwise are seen on the road every day. I want to drive a A4 or 3 series like a wild animal and not worry about spinning out, and not focusing all of my talent on keeping it on the road. And I have yet to see a SHO (besides GT4, they had the 1996-1999 body, which primarily sucked ass) in a game, does anyone realize that it was one of the fastest cars out back in the day? Besides 911 turbo, and M5, it was even a little quicker than a corvette of its vintage. Just saying we need to get some more "regular" cars in games. That's why this game is awesome, the amount of 3rd party mods that this community is capable of is astounding. We just need a real straight forward way of knowing how to jbeam, since it looks like a very small handful of people actually really get it. Otherwise, theres lots of people on here with relatively good modeling skills. That 2013 Toyota Sequioa, the crown vics and others are really looking nice, its always the jbeams that are the issue.

woops kinda went off topic but u know lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice