What about material thickness?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by yolo-phil, Oct 12, 2015.

1. yolo-phil

yolo-phil
    Expand Collapse

Hello guys!

I don't like it when i crash the covet sideways against a tree and getting stretched all over the place. So
    I thought: What would it look like if the Covet get bend and bend and getting cut in 2 parts? Like in Real-Life
    when you think you can drift and saying hello to da Lamppost at 70 mph?

Basicly, what i want to say is: It would be very cool if Jbeams think: hmm, i think that is to much force i'am gonna break! Yes, that would be nice!

I hope you won't kill me with me with Fire.

see ya

2. DirtGamer301

DirtGamer301
    Expand Collapse

I don't know, but shouldn't you be able to simulate this with set_beam_defaults or something? The force which must be applied before a beam breaks.

3. yolo-phil

yolo-phil
    Expand Collapse

I think that could Work...

4. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Beams already do break. However, vehicles become unstable when their main chassis area beams break. This is why you can't split cars in half currently.

• Like Like x 1
  5. yolo-phil

yolo-phil
    Expand Collapse

Oh... didn't think about that. This game is an alpha so... could it work in a future version?

6. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

There is a way to do this. You have to replace an area (like the roof) with breakable beams. U can set the strenght and so on sure, but when you crash rly hard the car just splits into half even if the collision is only head on. But if the game supports beams that can only break in one way ( let´s say Y or X wise) It´s possible to do this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice