What about google Stadia?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Jaime Palmer, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Jaime Palmer

Jaime Palmer
    Expand Collapse

Did you heard about the google new thing?, I'm watching now the presentation and mmm... let's say it looks kind of nice, but my question is, Do you think BeamNGDrive could get advantage of the power of that?, Is the way to get the beloved (for must of you) multiplayer finally?
    They at minute 50 (more or less) talk about that a developers created a multiplayer world with a pesistent massively destructible enviroment.
    What dou you think about it?, that kind of streaming gaming solution may help to be able to play BeamNG with no need of a high end computer?
    Cheers

here is the link of the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UhPo5FLYQk

2. The _covet

The _covet
    Expand Collapse

Google having game streaming will just be another way for them to collect user data.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jaime Palmer

Jaime Palmer
    Expand Collapse

I thought they already have all our data! lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Latency looked bad in their live demo

5. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Game streaming will never work unless you're really really close to the server (i.e. its on your LAN) due to input lag. In a game like Beam, such input lag would completely ruin the game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

literally all streaming providers> "you can play games on your old laptop now!"
    me> "what if my laptops don't have h264 decoders" (which do but just don't work, maybe there is something different between decoding h264 video and h264 game stream... youtube fine)
    streaming providers> "software decode"
    laptop> *overheats / lags / fan noise bad*

i could use my android tablet, but mouse support is quite terrible, and game controller support also

and that's me done :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice