Outdated WentWard Bus Type-D (Rear Engine) 7

Type-D version of the school bus with flat nose and rear engine based heavily on the t-series semi

1. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Updates!

The work on the main jbeam is done I have started jbeam for the engine and rear frame. The work is progressing well although it is taking longer than I anticipated. Part of the reason why is there are beam properties I'm just now figuring out, for example the school bus has universal beam properties, although it works fine it's not optimal, fine tuning beam properties for each section takes time but produces an excellent result. What I'm doing is listing the beam properties of each section of each official car and comparing them to each other, I have to deduce why those properties are set that way and then include such calculations into the flat nose bus jbeams, sounds like a lot of work but that's fun for me and devs alike! I'll update with some pictures soon!

#21 ThreeDTech21, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 10
  2. mschiavoni

mschiavoni
    Expand Collapse

dis gon be good

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

#23 CaptanW, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  4. rick harrison

rick harrison
    Expand Collapse

Looks very good. Hope the maker takes this style.

5. Interlocation

Interlocation
    Expand Collapse

Will you release files (not really sure how this works, I'm more of a consumer than a producer) to people who want to reskin it? Would you also let others work with the jbeam to create public transport busses? I'm terribly excited for this release!

6. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

i hope he does at least the skinning map file.

7. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

if this project does work, i will tell you what he should work on next:

a VDL bova

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TheTrekMachine

TheTrekMachine
    Expand Collapse

That would be awesome!

9. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

i want to crash it into a wall at 100mph and see what happens. i get on one of these everyday so yeah it would be cool

10. fanboyjj

fanboyjj
    Expand Collapse

Will it have custom sounds? Sorry if this has been answered already...

11. Falloutguy99

Falloutguy99
    Expand Collapse

One would imagine so, Seeing as the other bus he made does have custom sounds

• Like Like x 1
  12. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Yes, that's them! They were made so you couldn't neglect to see anyone crossing in-front of the bus (also the reason for 5'~6' the extender arm in the front). These were very much a pain to work on, however, the weight of the engine over the rear wheels considerably improved winter handling. You never really saw these thing stuck anywhere, and if you (as a bus driver) would get one stuck, you had to be really doing something dumb.
    O the days of watching/hearing the mechanics swearing while working on these things... tee-hee.

--Still watching this thread, will love this. Don't lose hope - if you do - keep your files backed up and hand them out if you get 'bored' of it and let someone else take over. We can't afford to lose this one though I know these things take time (I am very patient, Tennessee USA map was in dev for 9 months before it hit mods>levels resource officially just last week).

• Like Like x 2
  13. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Updates!

Been working on the bus and it is going well, it is taking way longer then I expected, I projected an October 15 release at first but its looking like it will be taking a few more weeks unfortunately, irl stuff is a pain in the neck I want to work on BeamNG non-stop :p but work is coming along fine, I have some great ideas for this bus and other future projects but for now ill lay out the current progress of the flat nose bus

• Currently working on the windows, I made the front windows break out of the housing on hard impact!

FrontWindowBreaks.PNG

• Need to do the exhaust system and jbeam for the exhaust

• The engine now has spinning parts that can be seen through the rear engine door.

• The engine hoses actually have jbeams making for more realistic deformation in the engine compartment

• I've laid out the UV map of the body to make for easy skinning. (took a long time)

UV Layout.PNG

I'll be making a destruction derby version, crash test version of the bus, I wont be making a prison version because these buses aren't typically used as prison buses i'll think of something else to make.

Bus1.PNG Dashboard bus.PNG Rearbus.PNG

This is close to what the finished product should look like except for the yellow stripes

2006-8-30_BlueBirdRFWeb-Large.jpg

#33 ThreeDTech21, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Sturpy

Sturpy
    Expand Collapse

christ, I see those coaches every day!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sagarci

Sagarci
    Expand Collapse

The spinning engine is extremely cool and now i'm hyped for it!

16. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

This is definitely on the list of things to do

• Like Like x 5
  17. IloveFords

IloveFords
    Expand Collapse

Cant Wait!

18. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Glass panels breaking out on hard impact, spinning engine parts, jbeamed hoses - that's all 5 star stuff there. The detail is worth it in the end.

Good times singing 'another one bites the BUS' while crashing cars into it :)

That car - it's gonna NIBBLE you ANOTHER ONE BITES THE BUS ! (Queen - Another one bites the dust)

• Like Like x 1
  19. supra4life

supra4life
    Expand Collapse

Sweet! I can't wait! I was driving the other bus and I was thinking that this type would be cool!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alaskan_With_Salmon

Alaskan_With_Salmon
    Expand Collapse

I think he meant a front engine flat front. I've sat in one (as shown in the picture i took below) the engine and transmission are squishing you into the front corner of the bus.

Attached Files:

• IMG_2996.JPG
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice