Outdated WentWard Bus Type-D (Rear Engine) 7

Type-D version of the school bus with flat nose and rear engine based heavily on the t-series semi

1. TheShipMaster

TheShipMaster
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

the body for GDTL and Smoking Bull can be found in the paint jobs thread in my group in my sig

3. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

Not trying to crush your dreams or be rude, but you really think bluebird will reply?

4. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Not with a helpful reply, but it is worth a try :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Nice work so far! i still have to get around to testing it in game, havent been able to get back to it yet

Yes with the coming updates that will be straitened out, no pun intended ;)

6. Sagarci

Sagarci
    Expand Collapse

Not to be a bother, but is it OK to mess around with the bus's engine Jbeam. The acceleration was bothering me, so i'm trying to fix it.

7. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

I am already working on it, I can send you a working engine tomorrow(in about 10-12hrs) which is faster then the original one with a 15spd configurable automatic transmission since I don't have a realistic setup finished yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sagarci

Sagarci
    Expand Collapse

What is the top seed of your engine, because mine will be based of of the T-series's but faster.

9. gamersrevolt99

gamersrevolt99
    Expand Collapse

Is it going to be on the mod repo or could I get the file? sorry to bug you.

10. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

11. gamersrevolt99

gamersrevolt99
    Expand Collapse

12. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Well, it makes 300hp at 3100 rpm with a realistic torque curve so the top speed was about 100kmph on a long road. It is not very fast for a bus, but it behaves realistic. I am planning to converting all of the stuff in the mod to the new drivetrain system, but with exams coming up it may take a few weeks.
    I am also planning to add the merlin motor from the monstertruck to this bus, just to make a drag version
    --- Post updated ---
    No, I guess it will be added to the mod itself when it is finished. The current version needs some polish. I think that I will have it ready to be released as wip tomorrow if nothing goes wrong irl. The code is nearly finished and I will send the author the new files tomorrow

13. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

That moment you find out someone was already making an engine for a mod that you made an engine for.

When this was first released I started tinkering with it, and even though someone already is making (or is done making) an engine for this, I thought I'd talk about it.

The engine is a 7.6L Navistar DT and has 481 lb/ft or torque and 171 horsepower.
    The transmission is an 6 Speed Allison 1000 automatic. It also has a 5.57:1 Open rear diff.

I also did some other things, like reroute the exhaust to the exhaust pipe, and brake thermals.

If @ThreeDTech21 allows it, I'll post the file here (or send it to him).

14. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Could you perhaps make a config for black wheels? So I don't have to keep adding on black wheels?

15. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

Add the black wheels and then save it. Config made.
    --- Post updated ---
    Diesel Engines IRL stop making power at around 1600 RPM so i think thats kinda unrealistic

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

No, I guess it will be added to the mod itself when it is finished. The current version needs some polish. I think that I will have it ready to be released as wip tomorrow if nothing goes wrong out
    Cummins yes, but here in Europe not. I know it is not really realistic, but the real Cummins 5.9 isb is not ready. That Cummins engine is the engine used in the bus irl

17. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

There will be a configuration for black wheels once I add other school districts with different styles, on of them will be black wheels. In fact I'm looking into a system that will let you type the name of the school in real time similar to the license plate

I'll be testing the engine soon hope I can have it ready in a few days

18. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Didn't send you the new files, will do it now
    *Running upstairs*

19. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Ok cool! yes please post would love to check it out

Ok hoping to look at it soon, it'll be a while before I'm able to mess with the bus again, got do some irl stuff for now :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tony Bamanebaeo

Tony Bamanebaeo
    Expand Collapse

You know you can make your own config right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice