WIP Beta released Volvo 242 LE

Discussion in 'Land' started by gmaksi83, Jan 15, 2017.

1. CRAZY RACER

CRAZY RACER
    Expand Collapse

No.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Soldier_BLG18

Soldier_BLG18
    Expand Collapse

i think it's my problem. i downloaded this car and the car is not fast. can anyone tell me why?. btw amazing job on that car!

3. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean by that? You gotta explain better than that.
    Does it have slow acceleration or does it have an low top speed for you?

4. Soldier_BLG18

Soldier_BLG18
    Expand Collapse

low speed. sorry if my english is bad am a arabic person.

5. gmaksi83

gmaksi83
    Expand Collapse

Thanks this nice review and the nice words, yes the shock is not perfect but i try to tune in later, i like this car handling too... i tried to recreate the whole suspension accurate as the original one, i think it went well.

Slowly i try to fix some things and add some new ones too but all its take some time.
    stay tuned!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jajjaa

Jajjaa
    Expand Collapse

Very nice car! handles great easily one of the best I played thanks.

Just wish I could remove rally mudflaps and paint.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

It is the only car I've ever driven with that I could drift on my gamepad. And I mean drift, not just a petty exit oversteer, beautiful drift through entire corner, with a pinch of handbake on the entry. I could not be more delighted than while driving this car.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. AlexGTR

AlexGTR
    Expand Collapse

I use to play with logitech g25 on 900 degrees and this car handles much better than official ones. Force feedback feels like in LFS, its amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  9. rick harrison

rick harrison
    Expand Collapse

OFFFFF TOPIC lo

10. FURY 58

FURY 58
    Expand Collapse

Don't like volvos but i like this mod....really well done and handles great...thank you :)

11. gmaksi83

gmaksi83
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, and the new version is out!

- Added engine damage
    - Added engine flooding
    - Added different real Gearboxes - M40, M41, M46, M47
    - Added real Final Drive - 5.28 and 5.13
    - Added wipers
    - Reduced car weight
    - Reduced rim weight
    - Fixed the front mud flaps deformation
    - Maybe some other small fixes.

With the new gearboxes and the final drive now achieved a much smoother powertrain work and better driving feeling

• Like Like x 1
  12. cgjunk

cgjunk
    Expand Collapse

Just spent an hour on the gravel/dirt on Utah with the new update. This car is a gift ! Just awesome, I'm still loving it! With a little practice, I could not believe I was sliding my way through some of those tight canyon trails at speed. I love how on fast corners you can just slightly turn into the curve, lift throttle, and the back end gently steps out to keep you on the right track. Almost feels like cheating, honestly.

At first I thought the update made it almost too quick and too perfect, but when I looked at my speedo on some of the straights, it was only showing 70mph or so when going real fast. That seems about right for a car of this type.

I can't think of anything else this car needs in terms of driveability. The eye candy is also good just how it is. As a matter a fact, no more eye candy please, because the frame-rate hit on this car is almost nill. Frame-rate wise, its like driving the stock covet.

However, if you were to twist my arm I would say it would be nice to have control of the damping/spring rates (so that we could mess up the handling). The only other thing would be engine noise with transmission whine (like the remastered Evo that was just released in another thread). Oh, and the mudflaps still seemed to be hinged oddly (doesn't matter that much though, since I usually only drive this from the inside).

Again, thank you for taking the time to make this. It would be cool to have the owner/driver of the real life car comment on this work.

• Like Like x 1
  13. gmaksi83

gmaksi83
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for your review and the nice words, interesting and yes the car goes like a bullet and have a surprisingly nice handling in the curves, i like this car too.
    yes the customisable coilovers is a good idea, ill add this to the next update, the sound is planned to make it better, and the mudflaps i will add into "slots" than can be removable!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Regenworm

Regenworm
    Expand Collapse

Great handling. Im having to much fun with this. Mawbey you can add more skins? Or am i just stuped to say that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. gmaksi83

gmaksi83
    Expand Collapse

You are absolutely not stupid, but more skin not planned (i hope so, maybe in future), this car was this paint in real life...but it is feel free to make skins for this car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

You should change the title of the thread in case people keep asking you to make road versions or other additional parts

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. KKG Clan

KKG Clan
    Expand Collapse

One of the best mods in BeamNG.drive, need more content creators like you. any plans for a stock version ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. gmaksi83

gmaksi83
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! The stock version is not planned, but who know whats happening in future if i bored... we'll see.

19. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Making it a stock shouldnt be as hard. maybe the hardest thing i see, are the lights.

20. Regenworm

Regenworm
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice