VinsWie's License Plate Mods

Discussion in 'License Plates' started by VinsWie, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Leo Zieger

Leo Zieger
    Expand Collapse

upload_2024-5-3_19-36-25.png
    I hope I may add a little OT here: managed to add my first license plate to a mod bumper!
    Or to be more exact: it is not my license plate but I managed to put it in the right place (before it was inside the trunk).

• Like Like x 2
  2. VinsWie

VinsWie
    Expand Collapse

Little teaser of the next update... :rolleyes:

screenshot_2024-05-04_18-38-58.png

Also, if you're wondering why the Cyprus update has been delayed and my recent lack of progress, it's because me and my family were hit by a bad cold and I didn't really have the energy to work on anything. I felt a bit better today, so I started working on the plates again ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Leo Zieger

Leo Zieger
    Expand Collapse

Take your time and most of all, enjoy every second of it!:) Not the cold I mean, but your magnificent work! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. VinsWie

VinsWie
    Expand Collapse

Thanks to the wonderful help of my friend @htnv, I was finally able to implement a system which automatically generates the correct registration sticker based on the Kreis entered and a system which automatically generates Mittelschrift or Engschrift based on the length of the text. I currently have Berlin and every Kreis in Baden-Württemberg, since this is a very long process. Basically I have to search for images of every Kreis to get the text on the sticker, I then add it into my template, export those as images, put them onto my font file and then spend an additional two hours trying to get them to work. I hope I can get Bavaria done today as well...

View attachment 1132268 View attachment 1132269 View attachment 1132270 View attachment 1132271 View attachment 1132272 View attachment 1132273 View attachment 1132274

Now, I can finally finish this long project of mine up and I am expecting a release in the coming weeks :D

Also, my cold is finally gone and I decided to use the holidays to finally finish the updates for my other packs, I will share more progress of both my German pack and the updates soon :)

• Like Like x 4
  5. VinsWie

VinsWie
    Expand Collapse

System for Engschrift and Mittelschrift generation is finally done! :D

ezgifcom-video-to-gif-converter.gif

• Like Like x 4
  6. VinsWie

VinsWie
    Expand Collapse

The Middle East Cyprus Update is finally here! (release tomorrow)

it will include older and more styles of Cyprus and Northern Cyprus.

Aaand I have also been able to implement an experimental system that will be useful for Iberian trailers as well... :rolleyes:

screenshot_2024-05-20_10-32-28.png screenshot_2024-05-20_10-32-35.png screenshot_2024-05-20_10-32-48.png screenshot_2024-05-20_10-33-15.png

(spoiler: additional license plates with different design :D)

• Like Like x 3
  7. VinsWie

VinsWie
    Expand Collapse

Good news!
    I'm still alive and my modding break is officially over! :D

(Almost) all tests done and approaching the summer holidays here in Germany, I now finally have time to mod again.

Aaaand here's today's progress:
    screenshot_2024-06-16_21-34-45.png

So, a friend of mine (@Olpy) pointed out to me that pretty much all of my plates had inaccurate proportions and the fonts were too large. I am now fixing this with a new system that allows me to 100% replicate IRL proportions.

I have also decided to give the textures a little refresh:
    -thicker border
    -accurate font and size for country code
    -outlines on EU stars
    -more watermarks
    screenshot_2024-06-16_21-35-18.png

as you can see, now the letters on the Diplomatic plate don't seem so cramped because now they are sized like they are IRL.

screenshot_2024-06-16_21-35-28.png

As you can probably tell, the next update for my BeNeLux pack will primarily be a Luxembourg expansion with historical plates and generally more types.
    Today, I have also added a new size which is used by Export and Dealer plates which I have also made today (now sized properly :p).

screenshot_2024-06-16_21-35-38.png screenshot_2024-06-16_21-35-49.png

I am also changing my file structure to save file size because my current system produces pretty large files. Basically I am trying to minimize duplicate files with a new folder system and other changes. This means you will no longer have to buy an extra drive just for a few digital license plates :p

I will share more progress of the Luxembourg update tomorrow, as well as the new resized plates of Belgium and the Netherlands.

Have a nice evening
    VinsWie :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Leo Zieger

Leo Zieger
    Expand Collapse

Glad to have you back! Looking forward to the updates!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Davina

Davina
    Expand Collapse

Really enjoy this mod. I have a few mod vehicles where the UK yellow rear does not show on the dropdown - is this something this mod could enforce?

• Like Like x 1
  10. VinsWie

VinsWie
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I have already made an expanded system of mine which is however not compatible with JorgePinto's mod or any other UK plates. If you want to, you can DM me and I could make you a modified version of the mod that is compatible with my system ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    Making progress...

screenshot_2024-06-17_09-04-00.png screenshot_2024-06-17_09-04-14.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. VinsWie

VinsWie
    Expand Collapse

Luxembourg is now done, so it's time to show you the new Dutch plates:

screenshot_2024-06-17_15-35-51.png

-thicker border
    -accurate font size
    -reworked Euroband, now matches real life
    -more watermarks
    -less weird generator for two-row plates
    -more watermarks
    -improved file structure: less file size, less lag while generating
    -US-sized plates (WIP)
    -older and temporary, etc. plates (WIP)

#31 VinsWie, Jun 17, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  12. VinsWie

VinsWie
    Expand Collapse

Good news!
    I have finally been able to implement the replacement indicators on Dutch plates for the two-row variant. The tricky thing here was that there are three possible locations for these indicators: some are on the right of the Euroband, some are left of the first text row and some are right of the first text row. However, I have finally been able to get this system into BeamNG as well as finding a way to simplify the text structure in-game. For example, you will no longer need any spaces or weird texts like "XA-ha!9-[065]" for my plates. This system also comes with a cost, as certain things cannot be user-entered and have to be generated with the generator. But please, don't look in the source code as this system makes it a total mess code-wise... :p

screenshot_2024-06-18_18-03-18.png screenshot_2024-06-18_18-03-33.png screenshot_2024-06-18_18-04-23.png
    In this case, the user can still enter the replacement number, but the location is always randomly generated and cannot be controlled by the user (unless you do some weird debug stuff ofc)

As you can also see, I have reworked the background and adjusted the font size for the two-row plate as well.

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice