1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Version Number = which Hot Fix Number? (Quick Confirmation?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B3_Burner, Nov 26, 2019.

1. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

I've been away from this for awhile and just updated from version 16 to version 17 early this morning.
    (Wow... what a difference)... too bad my excitement is 3 months behind everyone else's, but better late than never.

Question is I want to make sure the latest version installed, and includes the latest hotfix.

Does v-- 0.17.1.2.9059 - RELEASE - x64 = [ (v17) + (Fourth Hotfix for 0.17) ] ?

Might I suggest that the code numbers on the left be included in parenthesis next to the hotfix number heading in the Devblog page... so that it's easier to confirm latest install?

Thank you.

Oh BTW... this update is nothing short of incredible! Like I said, delayed enthusiasm, but sincere nonetheless. Thank you for all you guys have done. I haven't even had a chance to scratch the surface yet. This week will be fun.

Attached Files:

• vnumbertohotfixnumberconversion.jpg
    #1 B3_Burner, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for the feedback, we will make sure to include the exact version in future blogpost.

• Like Like x 5
  3. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. So I'll assume that the Steam download did indeed give me the newest version with the hotfix. (I see no logical reason why it wouldn't, but just wanted to make sure).
    The job your team did in the update is nothing short of phenomenal. Yes, I've seen everyone's vids, screenshots, announcements, etc; so I was well aware of what it looked like in snippets. But to see it for the first time yesterday-- on my own computer-- is truly breathtaking. East Coast is my main digs, I haven't even gotten to Hirochi, or the West Coast drag strip yet, but I will.

Why my 3 month delay you might ask? I wanted to make some final videos of version 16, so I could discuss before and after on my YouTube channel. But it took me longer to edit than I thought it would, and I didn't want to convert until I was done. So next thing I knew, August 16th became November 25th! Go figure. What punishment I put myself through, but it was worth the wait.

My favorite improvement? Well there will probably be several as I dig deeper into it over the holiday weekend coming up, but being able to zoom in and out with the plus/minus keys in the detached camera-- was a huge huge thing I was waiting for. Thank you so much for finally addressing that. You have no idea how nice it is to manipulate distance forward and back (with the W/S), at the same time as zooming in and out. So much easier to set up shots.

Anyway, enough raving. All this should have been said back in mid-August. I'm just the Johnny Come Lately, who finally made it to the party.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I mean it would make sense to put in the version numbers and stuff, why didnt this come about sooner, rather smart thinking there about it, its well worth knowing what version is coming out and maybe a note on why this has been implemented to so that people understand it

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Well, till no long ago the hotfix number matched the game version.

Example: 0.16 hotfix 2 > 0.16.0.2

But this has not been true the latest ones.

Thanks!
    And yes, Steam will always download the latest version of the game (0.17.1.2)
    Also, you can usually find the exact version numbers in the feedback threads:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/0-17-discussion-thread.63986/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

hey, might I ask, what is your YouTube channel?
    you could link it in your signature and profile page for people who want to see your YT stuff :)

7. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Wow... thank you for the suggestion, a good idea and I'll think about it. I'm flattered you're curious, though I do have to warn you that it is a hodge-podge of random videos from all different subjects.
    (I refer to it as "external hard-drive Jambalaya" because it's everything thrown in expect the kitchen sink!)
    Kind of hard to collect faithful subscribers when my stuff is so random and all over the place.

I'm just getting started on putting my BeamNG stuff on, now that I've figured out how to integrate the BeamNG game + Bandicam recorder + Vegas Movie Studio editor; and get it all worked out. Huge learning curve... for what seems like very little return on investment at times. But it's a labor of love and I'm not doing it for money... so if it takes me 20 years to upload one video... then so be it.

So I have two BNG's up there now... you'll see my final farewell to version 16, and soon I'll upload my thoughts on v17... albeit 3 months after everyone else's reactions have long since come and gone.

At any rate, here's the channel link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPuOcgDqqMpmPcFhD1P7n3A

#7 B3_Burner, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  8. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the link!
    I’ll be sure to check it out.
    I would recommend using OBS to record and HitFilm express to edit.
    No watermarks and easier and more optimized user interfaces.
    Either way, I wish you the best of luck!

9. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice