1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Version 0.8 rolling in ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by r00t, Dec 21, 2016.

1. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

Great update! Happy holidays, devs!

2. skyrover

skyrover
    Expand Collapse

Incredible update... That's my evening sorted after work :)

3. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Mechanically there is not much different between a manual and a DCT (apart from the obvious), both are as stiff as it gets for powertrains.
    Not sure if you switched up some transmission types here, but apart from the actual shifting, DCT and manual would not really feel different at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Is there a faster way to change differentials/drivetrain? Right now, I use the radical menu.

5. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Yes check the advanced vehicle controls.
    Or look at this pic:
    upload_2016-12-22_14-16-20.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

You can also use the default key bindings:
    • ALT A for Range Mode
    • ALT S for 2WD/4WD
    • ALT D for Differential Mode
    Ninja'd :(

7. JbatesPoint0

JbatesPoint0
    Expand Collapse

I love the new update the career is a lot of fun, but I'm having some issues with the automatic transmissions, I'm getting stuck in 1st and 2nd. first noticed this in the career i thought i was speed limited cause It wouldn't go over 60 in a race but driving to the other areas It seemed i had no issues. Jump in free roam and its much more apparent, I was wondering if being rough on it was the issue, but no, being light or heavy has no effect, but it randomly decides not to shift past 2nd gear, even happened after I made a U turn and tried to come back fast. Even the new Burnside is getting stuck for me going 48 mph in second whether I baby it up to speed or jam the throttle it sticks but reset it and it might work (tried slowing down speeding back up, throttling on and off, reverse, switching it to arcade sim or realistic, popping it into drive from neutral puts it into a higher gear for a split second but its not fixing it)
    I also love the new addition to the cars, I'm seeing some spiking in the inner wheel well/engine a lot
    and thanks guys, I'm always so excited to see whats new in the updates theres always so much great content! keep up the great work and Happy Hollidays!

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

That doesn't sound normal.

Mods? If yes, have you disable them first?
    What device to drive?
    What 'Shifting Mode'?
    What car you are experiencing this on? (Exact configuration name too please)

9. JbatesPoint0

JbatesPoint0
    Expand Collapse

I'm using a 360 controller to drive
    realistic mode, and I was able to recreate it in the Drag burnside(A) and the D15 V8 4WD (A) and both the D15 and D25 4WD extended cab , I was not able to do it in the 200BX (A) theres no issues for me with manuals
    EDIT: It seems to be happening after pressing left trigger for brake in neutral before driving off after spawning.
    EDIT 2: I'm currently recreating it in every vehicle with an automatic transmission, it will also break if you come to a complete stop in neutral even after getting to higher gears

#49 JbatesPoint0, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  10. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Amazing! You guys have really outdone yourselves, I'm really pleased with the direction BeamNG is going.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

And which "gear" of the automatic are you driving in? Some cars have the "2" gear which indeed limits the car to just the 1st and 2nd gear. However this should not happen in D(rive) or S(port) or even M(anual).

12. Memeware

Memeware
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for this update. There is so much more than i thought.... I wish to all BeamNG employees a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.;)

13. 3r1cFPS

3r1cFPS
    Expand Collapse

Looks like a great update! Gonna try it now! :)

14. Redkajte

Redkajte
    Expand Collapse

Personally i think it feels way better now, but i had to play around with the gameplay settings to get it right for me. Also i feel like the fully automatic cars really feel like automatic now, a bit sluggish, a bit of character and all that jazz.

15. Netskaiper

Netskaiper
    Expand Collapse

dang. what a great update!

16. JDMGuy

JDMGuy
    Expand Collapse

I got an amazing performance boost with the update! Before the update, I got around 18 FPS on grid,small,pure with a D - Series, now I get 60 FPS!

17. JbatesPoint0

JbatesPoint0
    Expand Collapse

I'm driving in (D) drive set the setting in the menu to load in realistic mode, loading in safe mode or not, I've recreated it in every car with an automatic so far, just loading up blank map, pressing left trigger for brake while the car is still in neutral and then shifting to D with the (A) button and pressing right trigger for throttle it will not shift out of first while in drive Edit: 1st and 2nd gear are not working at all after doing this, shifting to them does nothing Edit 2: DCT transmissions do the same thing breaking (D)rive but let you shift normaly in M1-M5
    Edit 3: Its even breaking the (D)rive with the car not coming to a complete stop. braking hard before and around a corner will make it not shift out of 1st in drive

#57 JbatesPoint0, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  18. Oxnitron

Oxnitron
    Expand Collapse

Awesome update guys!
    Every time when I think the game can't get better you prove me wrong :)
    And there is so much new stuff!

Just a question, did you maybe forget to enable higher resolutions than 1080p for the main menu or are tgere still problems with it?

Have a nice holiday!

19. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Options > Graphics.
    From there you can change the UI maximum resolution.
    From 720p to 1080p. And eventually remove the limiter at all (at your own risk, it may cause performance issues). The UI checks the resolution vertically.

20. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

Well I'm running more than 1080p and it's still no problem even mine is kinda low end spec.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice