Unsolved Validation Errors Terrain Mat Library

Discussion in 'World Editor' started by danielscott082996, Aug 8, 2026.

  1. danielscott082996

    danielscott082996
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2021
    Messages:
    99
    So I've taken all the terrains from the Template map's folder in an attempt to fix my map that broke after the 0.39 update. I guess things have changed and I can NOT figure out how to use them.

    The template map's base texture size is 512x512, macro texture size is 1024x1024, and detail texture size is 1024x1024. I set my map's texture sizing to the same exact setting but for whatever reason, I can't use the same exact textures as template map. I copied them EXACTLY but the stupid red dots to the left of my terrain paint names in the library menu don't change. I get validation errors like "base color base texture has size 256x256, expected 1024x1024" for every single texture I use; all 3 textures in the base, normal, ao, roughness, height are ALL giving these errors. I can't even save changes to a newly created terrain because of these errors.

    What am I doing wrong? I literally used the exact same texture from the base game's content/levels/template/art/terrains folder and used them exactly as the template map does.
    --- Post updated ---
    @nekitu @Car_Killer Any ideas? Sorry to tag, I just wanna fix my map.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SomeVietnameseplayer

    SomeVietnameseplayer
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2018
    Messages:
    11
    Simply bump your graphic setting to normal texture
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice