Using the Forest Editor's Erase Function

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by YellowRusty, Mar 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

So, I'm currently attempting to delete vast swaths of the forest on a map using the forest editor in preparation for taking a screenshot elsewhere that requires me to concentrate a large number of vehicles in a single spot. I've already stripped out as many unnecessary Jbeam components as I can to improve performance, and I hope to do the same thing by taking out unneeded portions of the map.

The problem is that I've always found the World Editor UI very confusing, and the tutorials and documentation all applying to the old UI does not help matters at all.

I can get the forest editor open, and I can even see the blue circle that indicates the brush (although it seems to neither paint or erase anything), but I can't increase the size of the brush, or set it to erase forest objects.

Can anyone provide some instructions, preferably with screenshots?

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The game has two editors at the moment: the old Torque3D one (aka World Editor), and the new work-in-progress one (also referred as World Editor V2).
    Which one are you using?

3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I didn't even know there were two. The whole thing is rather difficult to pick up as a beginner.

I think I'm in the new one - It has NOT FOR PRODUCTION - WORK IN PROGRESS stamped at the top.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

That's the new one. As the label says, use with caution as it's a WIP and some features are missing.
    You should have seen a warning the first time you opened it as well.

Use the old editor if you need to work on levels.

World Editor V2 (WIP) = F10
    World Editor (OLD) = F11

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Kerouha

Kerouha
    Expand Collapse

In case you're still wondering, here's how you can remove forest using the standard (F11) editor:

Bring it up, switch to "forest editor", and select the lowest tool.

upload_2020-3-23_22-0-29.png

On your right there's supposed to be a list of forest "things", select them all by clicking each one while holding CTRL

upload_2020-3-23_22-2-56.png

You can change the brush size on the top panel or by mouse wheel. "Pressure" can be changed with CTRL+mouse wheel

Attached Files:

• upload_2020-3-23_22-6-7.png
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice