1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

User Interface Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Dec 2, 2021.

1. theFJ

theFJ
    Expand Collapse

Could the center scroll wheel return? Maybe with an updated UI skin to match the rest of the updated UI?

2. Fox Next Door

Fox Next Door
    Expand Collapse

Idk man, I just want the radial menu to work again. Using the traffic UI app doesnt make the police do the wee woo anymore :(

3. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

ive growen to like it. Lots. Other then known radial menu bug.

this update overall is IMO wow.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mrtan92

mrtan92
    Expand Collapse

how to make radial menu appear

5. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

For some reason the checkboxes to hide UI apps in the cockpit doesn't work, also it's possible to position an app such that it cannot be removed as it is blocked by the UI

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fox Next Door

Fox Next Door
    Expand Collapse

I agree. I really do miss the radial menu xD

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ramund_Hin_Unge

Ramund_Hin_Unge
    Expand Collapse

The new default mapping is "E". It sometimes bugs out and doesn't open.
    --- Post updated ---
    I found a workaround for the UI resizing problem. If you drag the UI app you want to resize to the bottom 1/8th of the screen it allows you to grab the corners. The "show in cockpit" box works this way too. It's kind of annoying but I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

I'm more frustrated that all of my UI settings are gone.

8. Fox Next Door

Fox Next Door
    Expand Collapse

I know, I mainly use a series X controller which I have set up so that left stick opens the radial menu. Neither options work until the game is reset. :(

9. Yash_gamin144

Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

my rating 1/5 for the new UI.
    its so dang slow, hard to use, we are used to the old UI, bring it back and just do some changes in it, not screwing up the whole UI.
    --- Post updated ---
    i agree, first thing im angry at the devs for.. HORRIBLE UI

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jator550

Jator550
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, my main complaints are the fact that the radial menu seems to just stop working sometimes, the navigation app goes way off course when a menu is opened, and the set as default vehicle button no longer seems to work.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Fox Next Door

Fox Next Door
    Expand Collapse

I kind of like the new UI layout, it's oddly satisfying with the sounds too, HOWEVER, Radial menu, AND the fact the actual render gets shoved out of the way, stretched, and messed with is extremely dissatisfying. As someone with autism, the fact that the game is messed with makes me anxious about having to reset every single graphics setting :|

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. rmfurm

rmfurm
    Expand Collapse

For me the UI is way faster this update. I use to get this bug where when i switch between cars, all the apps would stay frozen with the information on the last car for about 10 seconds. Whenever i would finish changing a part in the config menu, the UI would show zero speed, even when i was speeding up. Glad this is now fixed!

13. Yash_gamin144

Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

Bring back the old UI.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. cagecode

cagecode
    Expand Collapse

I played around with the new update for about 20 minutes, and gathered the following feedback:

(Note that this feedback was all gathered while playing with an Xbox One controller).
    • Yes, the radial menu doesn't show up for me either unless I hit "E". I'm sure it'll get fixed soon, as I can't spawn traffic or police without it.
    • I'm not a fan of making the radial menu a separate control from the pause function. I preferred the old system where the radial menu only showed when you paused the game, as with this new system I am capable of driving around with the radial menu open, which isn't fun.
    • Please make it clearer when the game is Paused and when it is not. I saw the little "Pause" text in the top right corner, and yet I could still drive around. Technically you're correct in that it just shows what button you press to pause the game rather than actually saying "Paused", but it still confused me for a solid 5 minutes. If the game isn't Paused, please don't show the word at all.
    • Please respect the "Hide in cockpit" selector for UI Apps. If I am driving a car from the cockpit, pause the game, make a change in the Options menu, and then close the UI, the UI Apps that were supposed to be hidden show up again. Then I have to cycle through the cameras to get back to the cockpit and then they disappear again.
    • One thing that isn't made clear is that if you are in the cockpit and you set a UI app so it doesn't show up in cockpit, it cannot be repositioned or removed any more, but it can be resized. That seems illogical and doesn't make sense to me.
    • One time when I was driving around I found I couldn't turn on the headlights or reset the car. This is because when I tapped on the D-Pad, the selector appeared and started selecting the drop-down menus on the UI apps instead of doing what I wanted, like turning the headlights on or resetting the car. No amount of opening or closing the UI or pausing/unpausing the game could fix it, but it went away when I closed and reopened the game.
    • I agree that the UI sounds are unnecessary, although I don't find them to be a substantial problem.
    That being said, I don't mind the new look of the UI. I think it'll grow on me over time, and I will get used to it once these issues are fixed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Yash_gamin144

Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

I wish they bring back the old UI, and just do some small upgrades to that..

16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Bruh people be like "bring back the old UI" as if it was physically possible at this point, and also no changes = no progress so if go back to that then the UI can never be improved to be faster (and the slowness of the UI is THE biggest issue in the entire game currently)

• Agree Agree x 9
  17. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Could anyone please tell me how to return to the MAIN MENU? where before you load the first map?
    In 0.24 when hitting the Main Menu button only opens up the menu, not unload the current map/level.

This means two problem:
    1. Activate/deactivate mods. When doing this in a level, you have to wait several seconds to load into the physics, each mod activation. When doing this in main menu, you can click them very quickly.
    2. Changing maps. WCUSA and Italy are two resource-intensive levels. To avoid lag due to too much RAM/disk loading, it's better to exit to main menu, unloading the level, then load up another level instead of changing level in game.

Is it just me don't know how to do it? or 0.24 completely unable to quit to main menu instead of outright quitting the game?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Yash_gamin144

Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

same problem here xd

19. ByteGuy

ByteGuy
    Expand Collapse

the new UI IS the old UI, there is literally no change whatsoever except the rubbish design. Its literally just a reskin. TDev said they will work on optimizing it, but because its the exact same UI system all the fixes and optimization could have been applied to the old one. Remember its just a reskin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Then how does it work faster for me than the old one?

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice