1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Agreed =D

You're awesome :)

#19361 95Crash, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

That’s really cringeworthy
    Seriously, I had an aneurysm just reading that

• Agree Agree x 15
  3. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

yeah, ngl, it was a bit much lmao

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

He’s extremely remarkable because he’s not merely bootlicking, he’s practically shoving a pair of boots down his esophagus

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

zestyfolfdude, sorry for my horrible Nickelback "parody".

#19365 95Crash, Nov 25, 2019
  6. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

What’s the thread om

7. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

new thanksgiving tradition: deep-throating boots
    alright then
    anyway...
    OT:
    yeah there should be anew thread button in the top right hand when you pick a forum category

8. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

*POST DELETED*

#19368 95Crash, Nov 25, 2019
  9. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

go to the 'Off Topic' mega section of the forums menu
    click on it
    look in the top right hand corner
    click 'Post New Thread'
    boom bada bing

• Like Like x 1
  10. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. There is a "Post new thread" button. I saw it when I went to the off-topic forum category.

Anyways, let's get back on topic before the devs get mad at us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The implementation is always good because in increased the diversity of the powertrain, making the game more fun to play and mod. However please not to be fooled by some IRL car brands' false advertising about brake vectoring can be as good as torque vectoring. The physical difference is that in an LSD, the torque is "moved" from the slipping wheel to the gripping wheel, in an open diff with brake vectoring, torque is dissipated to the brake, converting kinetic energy to heat, hence decreasing total wheel power.
    truefakelsd.png
    This is totally OK. The Audi RS3/RS5 use open front and rear differential, Tesla model S/X/3 use open diffs in all levels including the ludicrous P100D model. Aftermarket upgrades are always available(Quaife differential in the Tesla IIRC)

#19371 default0.0player, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

By the way Kueso, I made a thread about cartoons (70s - present) in off-topic, I could not do that without your help. Thank you so much for your assistance.

I honestly do not know what blue color you are talking about, but hopefully the new lighting and other changes in 0.18 will help with whatever you are complaining about.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

i think he is referring to the blue ETK in the test video in the development media thread.
    its really deep now, and a little too saturated. Thats what i think he is referring too.
    also no problem man :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

They did mention the graphical changes are all WIP, and are likely going to change by the time it's released.

15. Deleted member 197136

Deleted member 197136
    Expand Collapse

I’m thinking for the update we’re not gonna get a new vehicle. Probably revamp of a few vehicles and Utah, along with the crawl hopper. I’m also guessing the new graphics stuff that’s been shared. Hopefully some new configs to go with the revamps as well.

16. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

Revamped Utah would be awesome if there would be random houses/barns with dirt road entrances isolated in the middle of nowhere

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Well, let me explain the DBW lag briefly.
    DBW lag is not turbo lag, the former is an artificial phenomenon, while the latter is a natural phenomenon.
    There are two types of the DBW lag, symmetrical and asymmetrical. AFAIK, most DBW lags are asymmetrical.
    dbwlag.png
    The purpose of the DBW lag is to make the emission regulators to believe that the vehicle burns less fuel and more eco-friendly (but actualy not).

How it works?
    In order to test the fuel efficiency and emission, testers put the vehicle onto a test bench and hook the throttle on a computer.
    The computer is always apply the throttle in a pre-programmed manner regardless of how "laggy" the throttle. Thus, the more the lag, the less fuel burnt on the test bench, the better the test MPG result.

In actual driving, the lag is not good.
    For novice drivers, they often apply too much the throttle during acceleration because the throttle is unresponsive and there's NO throttle indicator on the dashboard, they can only estimate by acceleration g-forces. This leads to unnecessary braking afterwards.
    For experienced drivers, they comphensate the lag by apply the gas pedal more aggressively. This leads to increased fatigue.
    dbwlagdrivercomphensation.png
    To improve safety and MPG, a DBW vehicle should has as low throtte lag as possible.

Conclusion: DBW lag is detrimental. Note that I didn't mean that DBW is bad. DBW is good because of throttle mapping and shift mapping.
    throttlemapping.png
    Throttle mapping

The DBW (if tuned properly) can also increase the throttle more than the driver and delay upshift at the same time, to decrease throttling losses.
    DBWcorrectsetting.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Even throttle mapping, I'm not sure is always a good thing. In situations requiring fine throttle control, well... it's going to take a bit of getting used to, at least. The "more aggressive" throttle mapping you get in some sport models (depress throttle 50%, get 63%) I also consider to be a form of fake fun. Just chain the engine to my foot so it has no choice but to obey, and I'll tell it how fast I want to go!

19. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Don't worry, look at the drift mode section of the video, you can literally hear the brakes dying from all the heat due to e-locking ;) Overall it's surprisingly effective though (at least for drifting) might need to see if that's actually the case IRL too or if my system is too effective.
    We've created a little "rollers-on-a-hill" kind of test device like they use IRL to demonstrate AWD systems and that looks pretty much the same in the game.

We'll see, some cars do use proper LSDs (or even actively controlled diffs) in their top models.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I see tires smoke not being white in video of new AWD testing.

If there is towing package, handling package, then why not car makers would sell traction package, you get abysmal setup even with top end model, unless you choose extra cost options?

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice