1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

that video about the "new" particle effects... there not new screenshot_2019-11-23_20-12-12.png

2. Noah2001

Noah2001
    Expand Collapse

ublinduclown.png
    bruh2222.png

#19342 Noah2001, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

"Added particle effects for wood groundmodel collision, fuel tank rupture and improved mud splashes" - 0.17 changelog.
    Glass Breakage particles were not part of the 0.17 update, thus they are new.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Noah2001

Noah2001
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for stating the obvious

6. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

well given what he said was partially wrong i dont think it was that obvious...
    --- Post updated ---
    i am also not finding this new video.
    any links?

7. Noah2001

Noah2001
    Expand Collapse

@ 0:32

8. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

oh crap u rite
    i watched that video and i just totally glossed over that fact lol

9. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

I'm quite impressed they added those particle effects in the 0.17 update to be honest. Unlike YouTube, Beamng.Drive keeps getting better with each update.
    About Utah, I actually do like the dirt roads in Utah. I think they are quite fun to drive on to be honest. That said, It does need an update. West Coast USA probably needs an update eventually as well. It kinda feels it's starting to age a bit.

I could be wrong, but to me at least. It seems like there are a few minor environmental glitches and other stuff on the map. The map doesn't even feel like it's fully finished yet. I feel it needs to have expansions and have stuff on the map be fully complete. The tall telephone poles that have cross arms in city don't feel like they have as many wires on them as they should. There are also telephone poles on the map that have no wires on them at all.

I do feel like West Coast USA needs new telephone pole models if it gets another update. The racetrack also takes up a lot of the map and the interstates are way too short in my opinion. I feel the interstates need to be longer so you can drive on them further. By the way, there are also bugs in 0.17 that should be fixed for 0.18 such as the telephone issue I kept mentioning (that did get fixed for the next update) and random tree looking things appearing when you closer to them and disappearing when you get even closer to them in certain areas of East Coast USA and Hirochi Raceway.

The Ibushi Pigeon needs an update pretty soon. It feels like it hasn't been updated at all even when I got the game back in 2018. The collision isn't exactly great. I do understand why it's slow and the windows don't break, but I still feel like it needs an update though.

I still feel like that there needs to be an update for the trailers. The trailers don't need to be updated in this Utah update, but they will probably need to be updated and possibly expanded in 2020.

Alright, now back to the West Coast USA topic. I feel the map will probably need an update in late 2020/early to mid 2021, but there are maps that do need updates before West Coast USA like Jungle Rock Island for example.

I also feel like Beamng.Drive should try making the game more FPS friendly. I can run Beamng.Drive pretty well and it doesn't crash very often for me, but there are other users on here that do have low end gaming PCs that might actually need the game to run better or be FPS friendly because I know not everyone out there can afford a high end computer.

I also feel like Beamng Drive should add more cars and more car variants whether or not they are new or old, but I wouldn't be very surprised if they didn't do that for a while.

I would still like the Beamng devs to add a manfactured/mobile home or large travel trailer to game at some point in the future. I feel like it would further enforce the statement that any thing is possible in Beamng.Drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

11. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Hmmmmmm. "With an actual car this time." Does this mean that the I5 sound was not a clue to an upcoming car? Or does that mean we're getting an I5 in the modern ETKs?

12. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

"Part of a whatever update". Cool.

I wouldn't expect that i5 from the last one, but I hope for it. We really need something that isn't an i4/i6/v6/v8/F4. If we do not get a new type of block I will literally... I dunno, I'm not vmlinuz...

13. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

:p

• Like Like x 6
  14. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Oh by the way, I think there should also be windshield wipers and fuel doors on the official stock BeamNG.Drive cars. I feel like it would make the game more realistic.

Also, here's something for @Diamondback :)

Look at this Diamondback,
    every time I look at it, it makes me laugh.
    How did my eyes so green?
    and what is on Nadeox1's head?
    East Coast USA is where I went to school

Did any of you get that?

Clarkson's reaction to the sentence above: You bloody idiot.

#19354 95Crash, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Nickelback is horrible and this parody is worse.

OT:
    As for those particles.. I feel like there should be more.

#19355 Glitchy, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

I don't think Nickelback is horrible, but I don't think they are great either. If you think "Photograph" is horrible, try listening to "Something In Your Mouth". It is the worst Nickelback song in my opinion. The lyrics will make you cringe. By the way, if you hate Nickelback, you could start a thread on way you hate them in the off-topic section.

By the way, I should have put "get" in the lyric "How did my eyes so green". Good on you for getting the parody.

Back on topic:

I am hoping this upcoming update will come out by Christmas. I haven't heard about a new car yet, but there is always possibly for it. I think @Diamondback said in development media that there is going to be an ESC and TC overhaul, but I don't think he knows when yet. I could be wrong though.

I'm hoping that the devs will make the game more FPS friendly for people who have low end computers and add windshield wipers and fuel doors, because I do think that it would totally make the game more realistic.

17. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

You just tagged DiamondBack twice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It is imperative that we as a community know Diamondback's music preferences.

OT: I got nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

in the latest video posted by Diamondback (NOT going to @ him lmao) apart from everything he mentioned, the shift sounds sound much cleaner.
    any new shift sounds we need to know about? hmmm? :rolleyes:

20. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

The new vehicle lighting system makes that color blue look unrealistically bright and high-contrast for car paint. When the new lighting system comes out, I hope they update the paint colors to match so that they still look realistic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice