1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Except that it doesn't fit the relatively simple Scandinavian engineering culture.

2. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Wankel engines are as simple as it gets, you can count the amount of moving parts with the fingers on one hand :p

3. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

and what, a 2-stroke inline 3 with ITBs is normal enough?
    what about a twin-charged, hybrid inline 4?

back on topic though, I wonder how the map revamps are going on the maps we haven't seen so far (small island, industrial, port, JRI, etc.)
    I'm pretty certain they're going to add something in the unused area behind the port map. a small DRI-style village perhaps?

• Like Like x 2
  4. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

2-stroke was the simple engineering near-laughing-stock of its days, and hybrids aren't too new either.

5. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Hehe the Jargl Björksnås

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cilria

Cilria
    Expand Collapse

Come On Why dont we talk about something else.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Ok, less than a advice now, but this is heavily cluttering this thread, as well I'm getting lot of reports for the last few pages being 'Off Topic'.
    Please move this discussion to a separate thread, it would be better fitting than this thread.

tyvm

• Agree Agree x 20
  8. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I wish we had more updates from the vehicle development team...

• Agree Agree x 13
  9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I still just want to know if we will ever get another full size map and if we can expect this past years vehicle development pace to continue. Well, there's a lot I want to know, but those are what I think are reasonable for the community to know.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I wish they made a big planned model dump, just like back in '12 or '13 or so.

Or maybe... what if there just are no more future plans?

11. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Judging by what the devs have said, I think the general consensus is that the Wendover will be the last new car for a while (and based on the lack of information about it in the past year or so, I think it won't be coming in 0.18). It seems as though the focus will shift to updating older cars, mainly by adjusting their shape and adding new parts and configurations. I'm all for that.

A van has limitless possibilities for interesting configs, and yet the H-Series only comes in a couple of stock configs, a few service configs, a flatbed config, and a boring off-road config. (Plus that almost dev-quality RV upfit mod.) As mentioned earlier, it at least needs shuttle, school bus, and passenger versions. Plus, it needs the full body-on-frame conversion the Grand Marshal got (already confirmed to be coming).

The Bolide, new Pessima, Burnside, and 200BX have all but been ignored. The K-Series still has no personality. The 800 Series has an ugly front end (in my opinion at least). All of those things can be and need to be fixed over the next few updates. I think the focus should be on getting all of the cars currently in game up to the same standard before any new cars (possibly even the Wendover) can be added.

• Agree Agree x 11
  12. Aeroracer

Aeroracer
    Expand Collapse

@Nadeox, thanks for getting rid of the clutter!

Getting back on topic though, I would love to see an official "Quick Race" mode added to the game, with the AI drivers of course. We already have modded scenarios and at least two official scenarios that feature proper racing with the AI, so I could easily visualize this as something to be added in the (possibly and hopefully) near future. The technology does exist, folks!
    • To choose what cars to race against: I'd like to think that they'd be organized and chosen by their performance class (1-13) or by the other filters used the vehicle selector. I also believe that there should be an extra option or two within a custom widget to dictate whether its a one-make race, or if the player has the ability to choose very specific vehicles/trims for each slot on the grid. The player would, just like in "Time Trials", be able to choose their own vehicle, of course.
    • To choose how many cars to race against, there'd be an extra spot in the "Track Settings" widget (like the one you see in "Time Trials" game-mode) that let you choose between 1-9 AI opponents to go up against. Those, of course, can be organized by the vehicle selector filter, or by the player themselves with very specific trims and everything.
    • The rest, of course, would work very similarly to the "Time Trials" Menu. Of course, the UI and whatnot would have to be reconfigured to accommodate the "Quick Race" aspects of this feature(i.e. lap counter, race position) much like in the specific scenarios, but it's DEFINITELY possible. Like I said, the technology does exist to put this in the game! Very hopeful about it.
    On another note, I really hope that WCUSA is the next map to be revisited by the devs in the next big update. In my opinion, WCUSA needs the revamp a lot most other maps. There are literal barriers and construction signs blocking off parts of the city and the highway because the map literally isn't finished. Sorry if this is long-winded, just wanted to finally get my thoughts out there.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Those barriers are intended on WCUSA as a way to have a perimeter to the map without making it feel like a hamster cage. There isn't much that can be done to WCUSA short of splitting it into two maps or something of the sort to expand it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

My main Wishes for these cars, A rally variant for the Bolide (its Super cool), A burnside hot rod config, K series Racing variant (something like DTM) And a different bodystyle (sedan or coupé) for the 800 Series. Oh, and give some cars EUDM Parts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Aeroracer

Aeroracer
    Expand Collapse

I'm already aware of the purpose the barriers in WCUSA serve. I only mentioned it to make a point about wanting WCUSA to be the next map to be updated. As for the future of the map, the logical option would probably be to add to it instead of splitting into two maps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I'm no map maker, but to my knowledge the map is made in a way that doesn't let it be added to without major revisions to the foundations of the map.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

This thread reminds me of two things
    1. How easy it is for people to get carried away
    2. That there is people in this forum that will run to the staff at the first sight of trouble. Anyway

In my opinion the game should focus on cars, not on more maps. We don't need more varied maps, we need more cars to populate those maps.
    I am no producer to tell Beam how to develop their game, but i think that they should finish the map revamps and focus purely on cars and career mode.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

If I remember correctly map and vehicle development are run by separate teams so theoretically the production of a map or a car shouldn’t slow down the production of the other. That being said cars should probably have a higher priority than maps but I don’t think that a map being developed should directly slow down vehicle development.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Informative Informative x 3
  19. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 8
  20. Falkrum

Falkrum
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Well, I have something for you to speculate on, next vehicle will not be Wendover, but...!

• Informative Informative x 49
    • Like Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice