1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

It's most likely new.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

both literally and figuratively, the new utah is hot

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I bet it'll make my CPU even hotter.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I can't say I have any sources that I can remember, it's just that having followed the game's development since around 2012 I did have that impression of it. Maybe it's just me getting confused, as there is in fact a strong focus on smashing crappy old cars in this game :p

Indeed, having looked briefly through some older dev blog posts, I didn't see much indication of that kind of goal for this game. Perhaps I interpreted the strong focus on "cheap" cars the wrong way :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

6. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Just wondering, whats 'MOAB'?

7. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Only one of the most beautiful places on planet Earth, as well as the coolest place to off-road or mountain bike, or even hike, ever.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Interesting, i always thought it was an abbreviation to something.

9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I must say, the more I look into the American late 1980/early 1990's luxury coupes, the more I start to look foward to the Wendover. I still hope they visually bulk the body up a little like the Lincoln Mark VII/gen 9 Thunderbird. Otherwise I assume it'll come out like a 4th gen Toronado, which really would be uncomfortably similar to the LeGran. A couple of these cars also had some "sporty" drivetrain options, which I didn't know about until recently.

I mean... A GBU-43/B would be be fairly strange to see in Beam...

• Like Like x 1
  10. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like someone dropped a phone on their keyboard to me.

11. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

The Wendover is probably getting a supercharged V6 similarly to the LeGran.
    From the original Wendover thread:
    "There’s something strangely alluring about horrible 80s American cars, especially the big boaty ones with sporting pretensions. The Soliad Wendover is exactly that – heavy, ugly, and shaped like a wedge. Its ancient cast-iron V6 is barely enough motivation even with a supercharger. This car wishes it was cooler than it actually is."

They might just re-use the LeGran's engine, but who knows. I'm not sure how Soliad relates to the other in-game brands, but I assume they're a division of Bruckell or Gavril.

12. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Bruckell LeGran

The Wendver will have the N/A and Supercharged Bruckell V6, which tells me they are a luxury marque of Bruckell. That probably will be the biggest engine in the Wendover, but I can't stop thinking about the fact that Caddilac put a transverse V8 in their cars in this segment. Some of Ford's entries had V8s with 5 speed manuals, but those were FR layouts so that doesn't really apply here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

It is, actually. It's an abbreviation for "Mother of All Bombs," which is what Manfred was referring to (a GBU-43/B MOAB is a huge bomb the US made).

It would be cool as hell though.

14. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

The new Utah really looks like Canyon Of Speed. Well, it is the same guy. Speaking of bombs, it would be cool to find a bomb the middle of a flat area. It would be sorta like if the area was used for testing bombs.

#18054 RecklessRodeo, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  15. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

SInce we are talking about additional vehicle types that are missing, What about a Japanese Executive car? say like a Gloria/Cedric or Toyota Crown? Mind you this would clash with the ETK I series. Maybe use V6 engines as a way to differentiate between them.

Maybe scratch that Idea and go full V12 Toyota Century.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

So I saw @LJFHutch 's new screenshots of Utah, and I've got to say that it looks impressive. The rocks seem to be such a richer red, and it's almost like the lighting itself has changed. There also appears to be some sort of new structure in the top right of the Hopper's picture.

upload_2019-10-23_19-49-38.png
    Hopefully these get a texture refresh too, otherwise they'll stick out like sore thumbs.

Also, to definitively answer an above question and hopefully avoid further derailment of the thread:

Moab, is:
    • An ancient kingdom east of the Jordan River mentioned fairly frequently in the Old Testament of the Bible and currently within the country of Jordan,
    • Most relevantly, a city in southeastern Utah named for the above, noted for its off-road trails,
    • When used as an acronym, usually in all-caps (MOAB), especially in military contexts, this refers to 'mother of all bombs' - the largest model of non-nuclear bomb possessed by the United States of America.
    There are also several other uses for the word 'Moab', including several other acronyms: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moab_(disambiguation)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

or aim for the 70's, something like a C130 laurel, or cedric 230.

• Like Like x 3
  18. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Ibishu T’artignan

19. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

These are getting too old, and soon will age out of drifting and 3rd World service.

An early-00s model would be better.

?

• Like Like x 1
  20. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

All I want is the Sadlad WeWe.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice