1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

This isn't really anything, but still.
    If the Bluebuck were to come out today, it would be on (at least in America) 4/23, which is the largest engine in t

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

So what?

That's still the most ridiculous car stat, since it has nothing to do with real performance in anything.

3. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

For better gas milage, EU pissbox. :p

4. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Grind down the heads for compression, install EFI, supercharge and use high octane fuel. Problem solved.

I'm generally pretty liberal, but when cars are involved, I start seeing red, white and blue. You'll have to excuse me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

I know, I'm just saying.
    Anyway, I take back what I said earlier about this just being just some minor map updates with maybe a few graphical improvements. As you can see here, they said that a more polished version of Italy would be in early 2019, while we are approaching closer to mid-2019. There is likely something bigger. Since it has been nearly two months since @gabester announced that the Bluebuck was in-game (and IIRC that's about the same amount of time between the Hopper's unveiling and release), there are some odds that the Bluebuck may possibly be in this upcoming update.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

That was back when Gabe was working opposed to managing, so work was probably getting done faster.

Also, the Hopper was announced when a decent ammount of work was done, whereas the Bluebuck was announced half a decade ago and therefore the community keeps asking about it, promting him to release the statement about it being in game as early as reasonable

#15266 ManfredE3, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  7. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

the bluebuck will probably have the same engine choices as the barstow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tuner from America

Tuner from America
    Expand Collapse

'67 Pontiac, not the exact car I would want but Gas is cheap in the south :cool:
    If anything I would want a old Lincoln or Cadillac, they are stupidly comfortable and built like tanks

9. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

If the Bluebuck is in this next update, I’ll eat my hat, but judging from what I’ve seen, it doesn’t seem incredibly likely. Seems like this one might be a bit smaller, with the eSBR and map improvements and whatnot.

10. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

ok, maybe the update is not this tuesday, but the next?

11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

At this point all the evidence we have for a release date is they are working on smaller stuff to squeeze in, which means this Friday is probably too soon and it'll probably be on a Friday, since that's when most are.

TLDR: We no longer have any evidence to point to a specific release date

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Raceboy77

Raceboy77
    Expand Collapse

OK guys i think its time calm down. The update is unlikely to come out today so we all need to find something else to do. I know no one wants to here that but at this time it maybe necessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

I have information that says that the Bluebuck is not coming in 0.16, that I consider pretty reliable. There's no way to be sure, but I am fairly certain we won't see the Bluebuck for another few months, and the Wendover another few after that (Although it could come with the Bluebuck, I wouldn't hold my breath).

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

That makes sense, but do you have a source for the info? Is there a thread or something that I've missed that has information?

15. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

It was from talking with someone in the dev team on a discord server, I'd rather keep the server private but I can PM you a screenshot if you really want it.

16. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I don’t think so. It seems too late in the day, now.

edit: oops read it as “likely to come out”, my bad.

#15276 98crownvic, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

But yeah, modern cars are harder to impltement because of the modeling. Higher poly counts are typically corelated with newer car models. But, yeah I thinks it’s possible, but again, older cars have more tuning and
    of course if you put a german sports car against a luxury boat of american steel against each other, the sports car will win.
    Europe never had big boaty cars like america because roads are so tight. American cars were made to be smooth, and comfortable. Not powerful and tight. I prefer to cruise in a comfortable car, over go really fast and have good lap times in a 2019 Sport hatch when it comes to beamng. And again. You kept on saying that German and European cars would destroy american cars of that same time, THEY WILL. They of course will. But they arent as smooth and as comfortable and cruis-y like american cars. There were some. But i just prefer american land yachts over Brand new Hot hatches when it comes to playing BeamNG

• Like Like x 1
  18. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

Let's not get too off topic here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think that for some exploring performance data of Trans-Am series of late 60's early 70's might reveal some shocking facts about handling of American cars.

1st gen Camaro/Firebird is bit over 0.62G for 4 passenger load and tires of 1967, how would cars from other areas compare with 4 passenger load and those same era tires? Even 90's European/Asian passenger cars would not do much better with such tires and load, probably not sports cars either.

With suspension mods 1st gen Camaro/Firebird becomes much better and during Trans-Am series they were exceeding over 1G, also much thanks to better tires.

Of course there is more to handling than steady state cornering, 1st gen Camaro/Firebird had roll around 6 degrees / 1G with 4 passenger load, typical passenger sedan of that time certainly had lot more, there European cars might of been better, not sure, but there is lot of stereotypes that are not necessarily quite same as real world experience.

Now question is, does BeamNG have American cars because developers like them or because they like to crush them?

What I see is game does seem to have American perspective, when I did fresh install recently, ingame units were MPH and many cars have only MPH speedo, so game might be designed to be American point of view, American maps, cars, default game options, so imports might be what other than American cars are in this game.

There is nothing really known about career mode, but based on content, I would think player character might be American, so upcoming content might reflect what is available in US.

It would take really a lot of maps and vehicle content for game to have also euro perspective in it, to have Asia perspective, that would need again at least 3 new maps and likely RHD vehicles, somehow I don't see such happening, but who really knows what is upcoming.

So I think game is best enjoyed by using American car content even in future.

Also yes, 2019 cars might be nice as they have all sort of electronic stuff to showcase BeamNG vehicular systems, which many are already operating in quite modern way, for example afaik steering sensor and yaw sensing is part of ABS/ESC stuff when older cars didn't have even steering sensors with simple TC and ABS or ABS alone, some had ABS only on rear axle and it was super simple compared to high tech ABS BeamNG has.

If it takes more than 2 years to come out of early access, then 2021 or later car like teased electric car is needed to fit that modern at time of release. 2014 modern would be 7 years old after 2 years and so on, kinda makes also sense to focus on classic cars first and modern stuff later as things get old so fast in this world.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. -WhistlerXPWhistler7

-WhistlerXPWhistler7
    Expand Collapse

Now that i think about it, i must've just ruined their idea... :(

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice