1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It seems to have 2 electric rear motors and 1 in front, so it’s no longer rear engined but still has 4 driven wheels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if the electric SBR4 will be kind of an aftermarket deal, hence the odd batteries. I'm thinking of a company called genovation that buys stock corvettes and converts them into all electric vehicles (https://genovationcars.com/). Or it could be a special prototype Hirochi designed to test their motors and battery capacity before going into full production and designing a car around the batteries.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

It might be a new generation of SBR for all we know, or an all new electric car built on an SBR chassis, or it could end up just being an engine option for the SBR.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

On the topic of aftermarket electric performance cars, one cannot forget the Zombie 222

https://www.theverge.com/2015/4/1/8320189/zombie-222-electric-car-1968-mustang-texas-mile

Not really relevant to speculation, just a cool electric car. I didn’t know of any companies modifying current production cars though.

I don’t see the devs going that route, though there’s not really any reason not to. An official Hirochi test bed car would be the better of the two options IMO, it could be a precedent for some funky prototypes in the official game, which I am all for. A lot of cool things could come from that.

#14464 ManfredE3, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Just gonna leave this here.
    eSBR_kindlephoto-106849599.jpg
    (excuse the crappy editing I was on mobile)

Also, the image filename reads "eSBR" does that mean is fully electric? Or does that mean it is a new Hirochi model?

#14465 Nathan24™, Jan 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I’m pretty sure ‘esbr’ is just the file name for the electric engine for then Sbr4. So I doubt it is a new Hirochi Model, and the screenshot seems to indicate it is fully electric.

7. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

[neckbearded rant deleted]

#14467 vmlinuz, Jan 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

it could be a racecar for the electric GT. but it'll need some serious weight/drag reduction and some crazy regenerative brakes.

9. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

It's always a joy to wake up to another random rant about something you guys have barely any information about... I guess we'll just go back to not teasing stuff then...

There's no need to always assume the worst and think that we have no idea what we are doing...

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 3
  10. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

good morning! :)
    i'm sure we all trust in your ability to create content. people just love to complain, especially before they actually get shiny new stuff :p

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  11. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Eh, fair enough - that one picture probably isn't the whole picture, and I may have jumped to conclusions a bit too quickly. My apologies, carry on, and sorry to spoil your morning - we're just still on edge from the Autobello blinker incident, not to mention the post-75 Moonhawk's lack of a CHMSL and catalytic converter ;)

Are there plans to add a gas-powered generator, maybe a three-cylinder, that just charges the batteries? That could solve the range problem.

#14471 vmlinuz, Jan 17, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Quite frankly, I have no idea what is depicted in the image posted by Falkrum, other than it has Hirochi wheels.

It does appear vaguely electric though - but it's hard to say what exactly is what there, given that so much of the vehicle has had its visibility turned off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Keep in mind it's only a minority of people that complain, I am actually extremely excited for this new electric SBR4 (presuming that's what it is), and I can probably say the same for almost everyone else too :D

Unfortunately there is a small amount of people who enjoy criticizing everything, and the these people are the most vocal...

Don't speak on behalf of everyone if most of the community doesn't feel the same way :p - I couldn't care less.

• Agree Agree x 14
  14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Like red crocodile has spoken, noisy minority without putting too much thought is one that is always bitching, instead of being supportive or providing something useful to table.

It's still pretty annoying though.

For me, I have been admiring all those details in powertrain, all correct ridges to make light structures stronger, how there are correctly made shapes to improve rigidity of center piece, even wires have put different colours and bit variation in bends so it looks more natural, it all looks quite a step up from older vehicle models.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Well, teasers lead to speculation by nature.

Just don't tease heavy WIP content, especially if incompleteness might lead to equivocation and wrong assumptions. Or, if assumptions are indeed misplaced, you can simply debunk them and prove us wrong, no need to overreact over legitimate doubts caused by an easily misunderstandable teaser either...

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

That's exactly what you guys have been asking for though.

• Agree Agree x 20
  17. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

And that's what I want, I am guessing most of the community too...
    I love seeing sneak peaks of upcoming content and having a little look behind the scenes :)

It's a shame some people have to ruin it for the rest of us :p

• Agree Agree x 14
  18. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Maybe prove the people that "hate" on it wrong :)
    Without giving too much away of course. Don't let the negativity of others get to you. That never works out well :p

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think so too, there is only small minority that are negative, but of course even one of such kinda can ruin the mood.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Dude, don't let the negativity get on your nerves. ;)

Shame some people had to ruin it for us though. :(

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice