1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

If @B25Mitch needs to do anything with the island, the only real issue is how tight that corner is. It brings you to a dead stop. If that corner was much wider, it would be far more enjoyable.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

And suddenly, the devs add mainland Italy...

• Like Like x 1
  3. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

It would make sense that one of the "islands" off the coast is mainland Italy. I've been looking at Sicily, and the view of the mainland is similar to how the "islands" look on the Italy map.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

There goes my hopes for the highways to be connected. It just looks like it should be connected, including the tunnels...

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. veyasan.ragulan

veyasan.ragulan
    Expand Collapse

Well, the highways might lead to something later on, perhaps it would cost a transition zone similar to Nadeox's Simple_Map. Drive past the toll boths and each lane has a little portal to another BeamNG map, like Utah. Also we can't just give up on "Spearhead island". Who knows? Maybe down the line it will be made it's own map, either officially or through a mod made by one of the devs. There still is a possibility, even though it's miniscule.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

the do line up under the mountain terrain, which is hollow if you look from beyond the map (I noticed it after I crashed the Hyper Bolide into the water and was trying to find where I was)

Attached Files:

• WCUSA_HWs.png
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

Also i may be wrong ( Sorry if i am ) But it seems to be ( maybe ) Forgotten that the Diesel's are coming ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Ooh, that's right! We have Gavril diesel engines coming. Last we heard, they were working on audio for them, as well as an unidentified physics issue.

I kind of wish that @B25Mitch had elaborated on what that physics issue was - for all we know, it could just as easily be a to-do list sort of thing that's already been overcome, or a real toughie of a problem that brought the project to a temporary halt.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

Well in 0.14, the engine controller lua was updated to allow other kinds of engines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Right, but diesel engines had existed in-game prior to that. That's what's so strange about the physics issue - whatever it is, it seems to be unique to this engine.

11. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

i think they most likely are just paying more attention to the "smaller" details now, and it's pretty important to have proper diesel simulation when there's proper diesel engines. the additions they release in regards to diesel engines will most likely be adapted to the ETK diesels as well.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Do you think that the update will be out this week?

13. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

It seems like all you do is ask for release dates. It will be out between the 15th and the 31st.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

I'm not asking for release dates

15. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

you basically are, this was a question about when the update will be released lol

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

It will be out when it’s ready...

Although my guess is late December, but I don’t have too much evidence to back it up

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Well it should be a Friday this month, which leaves only three days. Sounds like there’s still a lot of work to get done in terms of bug fixes, so the first of those three Friday’s is probably not going to happen. Knowing how important December is for content updates in the field, they are probably aiming for the 21st but will release on the 28th if there’s too many unfixed issues

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I agree, I don’t think it could be speculated any better than that given what we currently know.

19. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

It's simple. When is christmas? Some days before... :)

• Informative Informative x 16
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Looks like we have a pretty good idea of the release date then :rolleyes:, thanks for the info!

Edit: although if there are bugs that are impacting the release make sure not to overwork yourself and your team, we can wait if needed :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Also for anyone who doesn’t know, estama confirmed AI scripting in the next update that will allow for mods to be created that replicate gameplay similar to ‘does not commute’

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice