1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

sorry, i wasn't thinking straight. for some reason i was thinking it would be a flat-twin. i'd totally forgotten the leaked picture of the engine lol. my logic was that the pigeon would probably benefit from a less smooth sound than an inline four, such as a two-cylinder, if it isn't going to get it's own custom sound soon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I believe that the Wendover will not include a custom engine sound, and reuse the LeGran's one, as it's said to share an engine with the LeGran.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

I also think the bluebuck will have the classic v8 sounds, and the 6 cylinder sounds if it has one.

4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't be surprised if it used the same engines from the Gavril Barstow.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Some bits that probably will see some updates at some point.

Pigeon has 3 cylinder and uses 4 cylinder sounds.
    Diesel variant uses petrol sounds.

Bolide has V8, but uses american V8 sound, which is not throaty enough.

Hopper has I6, but uses V6 sounds

800 series has diesel engines that uses petrol engine sounds

I think that there could be also old I6 sound for Burnside if burnside gets I6 engine, which I kinda would think happening at some point.

Also I might sound broken record, but as Vulkan support was mentioned being worked on earlier this year, that might come next year or then next after that, it is probably quite huge undertaking that requires some kind of transitional period, so maybe there is bit longer delay between updates at some point.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I doubt the Burnside would get an I6, as it was a luxury car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Very nice and informative
    I think Italy Configs will come out with the update, with more coming out the following hot fixes and small add-ons.

Also, I don't think we can dismiss the Tow Truck. It could be a surprise addition... It may not come out next update, but I would bet on it coming out within the following 1 or 2 updates.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Belvedere had Flathead 6 and fullsize variant of that had wonderful 5.4l I6, 1955 was when it saw V8 and Burnside is more like pre 1955 models, then again if it is more of Chevy they had both I6 and V8 options unless I remember wrong.

9. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

It's been in the files for quite a while and nothing has come of it.

10. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

How long was the first mention of it? I thought it was more recent? (I can lose track of time of when I see/hear things.)

11. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

The Burnside if supposed to be a DeSoto Firedome, then that could be possible, as a small number of Firedomes had I6 engines.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, only V8 models were quite rare at that time I think, so that is kinda why I'm thinking I6 could be possibility.

Also I think it was Chevy which was faster with I6 than with the 'more powerful' V8, it took them a while to get V8 to be the power package, even V8 was common even at 30's, early 50's I think saw more of I6 glory, but then V8 came mid 50's and become top option and towards later 50's completely replaced I6 models as the most desirable option.

Now Burnside kinda fits to time where I6 had possibility to be best even V8 was marketed as top option for some vehicles. That would then add interesting go fast build routes and could kinda easily add variety to Burnside.

For example while V8 overheats when pushed hard, I6 could have less of that issue.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm thinking that it might wait some improvements to node attachments etc. so they will release it only after some work is done that is planned for some further ahead, near or far, there is no telling.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 3DTunes

3DTunes
    Expand Collapse

No, the DeSoto Firedome never came with an I6 option just a V8, the DeSoto Powermaster was the only car built at the same time as the 1st gen Firedome, 1952 - 1954, with the sole option of a I6 engine. Then as you say with V8 engines in cars from 1955 until DeSoto's defunction in 1960 all their cars had V8 engines as the sole option.

14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

They absolutely need to get the tow truck done by the time the AB car is released.

You can't have a FIAT-lookalike in game without a tow truck... ;)

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 7
  15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I do consider DeSoto bit of an exception, there always are some exceptions.

16. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Well, to me the front of it & its general shape are based on the Hudson Hornet & that car indeed had an Inline-6

17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

For me, there is 1 car that represents 50's in game and that is Burnside, I don't know of other planned cars from that time, so it would make sense to represent 50's via Burnside and I6 was very common at that era.

Now if there was going to be 2nd 50's car that would be common folk option, then it would make more sense to have Burnside as V8 only, however I don't think I have ever seen other car of pre 1955 era mentioned?

18. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

I know Gabe said to ignore his old posts, but a while ago he mentioned a few legran-based sation wagon, and the bruckell albatross based on the Ford Thunderbird, and finally, the gavril beufort, like a 80s crown vic, he also said it could be a bruckell.

19. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I swear that I constantly have to tell you this...

(This probably seems familiar, as I've had to post this thing MULTIPLE times now, now in BOLD!)
    Ok, this is my take on the "concept list", and why the developers don't like to have it brought up.

@gabester made that list a while ago. Some concepts for said cars where made, and some actually ended up in game. He doesn't want it getting brought up because there's a chance that a lot of the cars won't appear in the final game. It's a concept list, not a list of planned content. Some cars made it through all the stages, such as the hopper, but some we haven't heard of since. Gabe doesn't want to disappoint the community, so he's made it clear that the list is not official.

The developers lock anything related to it because no one can wrap their little brains around the words "Concept list". Anything related to it goes too far, and the developers are worried that they'll get spammed with "WHY IS DA 2014 COVET NOT A THING!?!?!!?!"

The problem is that it's official, but no one understands that it's a CONCEPT LIST. While everyone constantly argues if it's legit, yes it is. We need to stop arguing about it's legitimacy and accept the facts. All the list is good for is showing that the developers CONSIDERED something. We don't know if it'll happen, but that's all the list is for. It shouldn't be used in arguments unless there is other proof to supplement it.

We need to accept that it is a concept list and that's it. It's not gonna magically drop cars from the sky.

THE SAME THING applies to his older forum posts. He has SPECIFICALLY said that those should be ignored. You even admitted it yourself. If you still think that something's gonna happen, even after the LEAD VEHICLE ARTIST, has specifically stated NO, then you seriously need to leave this forum and come back when you have a basic concept of logic.

#12719 EruptionTyphlosion, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 9
  20. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Dude, enough with the concept list already.

Also, there's a reason why Gabe said to ignore his old posts, and that would include the list.

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice