1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Theres probably going to be more maps, but this basic structure may make sense.

2. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

My guess is a second map in Germany - or possibly an expansion that adds a long racetrack around the perimeter of the ETK Test Centre.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Kind of topic, but I'd like to see beamng dealerships for cars.
    --- Post updated ---
    Well the was that really old moonhawk lowrider with a crazy suspension.

4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Been looking through the Italy screenshots, and... Wow. To be honest, Italy seems to be nearing completion, likely around 0.13 which would probably come out this summer following the current update schedule.

The big thing here is 1.0. Tdev claimed that BeamNG would be completed "This year or next", according to this article: https://weserreport.de/2018/02/wirtschaft/bremer-simulieren-verblueffend-echte-unfaelle/ .

"We have completely reinvested in the company." The game is not yet available as a full version. Regular updates should keep the players happy. Fischer expects that it can be completed this year or next.

1.0 could potentially be the last major update, and would likely include Career Mode. However, nothing has been said regarding the Gavril Bluebuck or the Solaid Wendover, which would likely need to be completed as they are promised content. Italy would also need to be completed. But the great question remains... What else could there be?

As of now I suspect that there is another US map in development due to the picture Tdev posted of some of the concept art regarding Career Mode, in which one of the characters would be a Park Ranger (With possibly a new police vehicle as well). However, none of the US maps in game would likely include a park, and none of them have a designated one, which makes me suspect that there is one or more maps in development that we do not know of.

There are also the rumored Civetta Fulmine ("Damn you Google Translate. I'll go with Fulmine then, that was the original idea. It'll be a mid 60s GT 2+2, sort of like a Maserati 3500 GT or Ferrari 330 GT.)

Bruckell Albatross
    ("I'm going to make a Bruckell Albatross at some point which will be very much like the car described in the OP. Here's an extremely terrible 10 second sketch I did of it over a year ago:)

Bruckell Beaufort ("It's a late 70s full-size sedan, like a Ford LTD. I'm thinking it'll end up being a Bruckell, actually.")

an unknown Bruckell Station Wagon ("One of them will be a midsize 80s FWD station wagon, based on the LeGran :)")

and the Charmand 1304 B ("Charmand 1304 B will be that :) Small French hatchback like a Peugeot 205 or Renault 5. I sketched it out over a year ago; will model it when we've fleshed out more vehicle categories (right now it'd be kinda redundant with the Covet).")

After these posts, there has been no word on them, however Gabester mentioned a bus at one point, and we got the DT40L, so who knows?

Also, the bus mode creates a potential for more game modes in the future.

Sorry for the rather long post, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Captain. Adam

Captain. Adam
    Expand Collapse

Italy Map !

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if the city could potentially be larger than Belasco. :confused:

7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Gabe said he forgot about the Fulmine (not going to bother finding the quote); I have a feeling a lot of those cars suffered a similar fate but the names may be recycled.

I am curious what will happen concerning the vehicle/parts library. To meet what was described in Over the Horizon it seems like we need so much more from vehicle designers but only tire thermals and career mode from everyone else (not counting research on stuff like multiplayer or AI). Would be weird to split up the already not particularly large team over multiple projects.

I have a feeling TDev just said the comment about wanting to finish the game for the newspaper readers, a lot of people who aren't gamers get scared when they see how long many games are in alpha/beta.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget that a mid-eighties minivan (possibly Legran-based) reached the planning and sketching stages - at this point, I would be extremely surprised if that didn't come to pass.

@gabester also toyed with the idea of a 1930s American car - no word on how far that may have gotten.

Something tells me that his unexpected injury may wind up delaying the final release of the game - and that's a good thing. The more time they take to perfect things, the better.

#10128 YellowRusty, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I cannot find that quote at all. Any idea where if might have been?
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, I have a theory...

The developers may have a bunch of complete content that they haven't released or teased yet because they may want 1.0 to be a giant update. Wouldn't it make sense to make the jump to "completed" a huge one?

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

After watching @needforsuv's video about his customized Wentward mod, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Bluebuck may finally come to pass very soon, hopefully in the next update or two. Gabester did say that it was a possible choice for a lowrider. I'm now thinking that the staff may have been waiting to get lowrider physics ingame before working with cars that fits in with the niche.

Think about it, while a lot of us agree that a Bluebuck resembles a Dodge 880, I think it also resembles a 1963 - 1964 Chevrolet Impala, a car heavily popularized as a lowrider. You'd swear that a majority of them you see are lowriders. Then again, this is coming from somebody who speculated that the Bluebuck would drop with the same update that WCA came with, so I'm going to just flatout go with the idea that I'll get it wrong again.

As for the Wendover, I'm worried that it may end up getting scrapped because people deem it too similar to the LeGran.

I'm still hoping the Fulmine and the Charmand will happen. Who wouldn't want a small French hatch and an Italian Grand Tourer? The Albatross would be nice too. It'd go well alongside the Moonhawk and LeGran.

The only thing I saw about a minivan was something Synsol posted in the Vehicle Suggestions thread of one of those 80's - 90's Chevrolet minivans. Other than that, there's been nothing. Could you provide a source?

#10130 MisterKenneth, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  11. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Also, I have a theory...

The developers may have a bunch of complete content that they haven't released or teased yet because they may want 1.0 to be a giant update.
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/1963-gavril-bluebuck.436/page-9#post-74265

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Interesting. So it'll either be a Gavril or a Bruckell. I personally hope it'll be a Bruckell, since we currently only have two, and if the Beaufort and the Albatross both make it, it'll bump the number up to four. IMO we got plenty of Gavrils.

Also on that same page, something Gabester said I think further accelerates my theory about the Bluebuck and the lowrider mechanics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

What about the time that one of the dev mentioned that UV for k series would come soon. It mean highway police. Car

14. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Where was that said, and when was it mentioned that it would be a police car?

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

I don't remember

16. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

while i LOVE the idea of this theory, i doubt it due to Gabster's injury... it takes a long time to model these vehicles, and not much more needs to be said.

...then again, (if your reading this devs :p ) a giant final update would be AMAZING! :D
    ...then again (again) i figure with Gabster's injury, and his inability to model because of that, the devs would love to milk and spread out these cars as far as they can, seems like the wise choice...

17. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Whoops - meant to put that in the above comment. Here it is.

Where did Synsol weigh in?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

1. The name is GABESTER. G A B E S T E R.
    2. We do have other vehicle devs you know

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. rocksim

rocksim
    Expand Collapse

With the new hydro and air simulation, I wonder if things like snowplows are possible? Could be cool to have a belly plow on the t series and a v plow on the d series and h series...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

It's been possible for years. No snow simulation though so it would be very pointless.

• Agree Agree x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice