1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. McBeamer94

    McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2019
    Messages:
    2,872
    Tbh, I wasn't expecting the new lorry to be a Cherrier model. That almost certainly means that it won't have a V8.
    Oh well, at least the blue dials remind me of a certain 90s French Hot Hatchback which used a rear suspension design similar to the I-Series' (and which was the predecessor to the vehicle I own, which I also hope makes it sometime in BeamNG), so I hope Cherrier's backwards expansion continues! :D
     
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,836
    It could still have a V8 - the Renault Magnum could be had with a Mack V8. And I agree that more older Cherriers would be cool - especially if we get something like a Citroen DS/GS/SM, with hydro suspension, swiveling headlights, and maybe even a rotary.
     
    • Agree Agree x 12
  3. TheoF

    TheoF
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2026
    Messages:
    3
    image Mimey sent me. *Supposedly from internal docs
     

    Attached Files:

    • image.png
  4. ClarOnNG

    ClarOnNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2025
    Messages:
    402
    :confused:
     
  5. E32k

    E32k
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2022
    Messages:
    270
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. LegThePeg

    LegThePeg
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2022
    Messages:
    4,259
    • Like Like x 1
  7. korbitr

    korbitr
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2013
    Messages:
    465
    I wouldn't point to the cargo Lansdale (a minivan) as an existing vehicle in this archetype when it's 600 kg lighter than and an entire vehicle class below a base model H15 Vanster (a full-size van).

    Also, wouldn't the sparse number of FWD utility vehicles in the game be even more reason to add more?
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,217
    This might not mean anything, but this could be a hint that BeamMP is working with BeamNG to bring official multiplayer…
    upload_2026-10-4_15-31-22.png
    upload_2026-10-4_15-32-9.png
     
    • Like Like x 6
  9. The Stig Is A Spy

    The Stig Is A Spy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2018
    Messages:
    328
    Belasco Diesel jumpscare
     
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    623
    Do not pronouce that name, it will happen if you keep naming it.
     
    • Like Like x 10
  11. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,836
    Fair enough - the Lansdale would be a pretty poor replacement for the H-Series, and we don't really have a truly "modern" van (the H-Series facelift goes to 2017, but it's based on a platform from 1986). Nor do we have a purpose-built FWD cargo vehicle - and we haven't had any new FWD vehicles between the Lansdale and the Ardente (unless you count the remastered Sunburst, which is fair enough). I guess I also was getting over the mild disappointment of the new truck being a Cherrier (for the record, I'm not actually that mad about it - I'm still happy we're getting a Euro semi) and thinking that "oh, since the devs didn't do this, there's no way they'd do that".

    However, I'm not sure if the devs would want to have five different versions of the same vehicle. I think two or three would be enough for them - likely an Autobello, Ibishu, and Bruckell version, since they're the brands that are lacking a fair bit (Autobello and Ibishu don't have any post-2008 vehicles, and Bruckell doesn't have a modern utility vehicle).
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. Blue Bird Gaming

    Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2021
    Messages:
    1,882
    I'm still a bit dissapointed that the new truck was not Swedish, that's a HUGE missed opportunity in my opinion. When even was the last time we got a new brand, I mean a mass market brand, SP doesn't count

    I'm still glad we're getting a euro truck, just not expecting Cherrier. I'm also wondering why they picked that weird techno acid trip music for the teaser, it just seems like an odd choice
     
    #83232 Blue Bird Gaming, Oct 5, 2026 at 10:44 AM
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2026 at 10:56 AM
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Agent_Y

    Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2020
    Messages:
    10,667
    That's fake they aren't working with us
     
    • Like Like x 21
  14. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,836
    The last mass-market brand was Cherrier in April of 2020. And yeah, at this point, the devs have got to be saving the Swedish vehicle for something...right? My best guesses are that it's some Variomatic thing similar to a DAF/Volvo 66 or a two-stroke machine similar to a classic Saab. To be honest, I kinda expected the HT/WL and new semi to not be Swedish. New brands/nations typically don't get the big vehicles first:

    -Gavril/USA: D-Series/Grand Marshal/H-Series, T-Series, Roamer, Barstow, Bluebuck, MD-Series
    -Ibishu/Japan: Covet, Pigeon, BX, '96 Pessima, '88 Pessima, Miramar, Hopper, Wigeon
    -Civetta/Italy: Bolide, Scintilla
    -Bruckell: Moonhawk, LeGran, Bastion, Nine
    -Hirochi: Sunburst, SBR, Aurata, HT/WL
    -Burnside: Special
    -ETK/Germany: 800 Series, K-Series, I-Series
    -Wentward: DT40L, MD bus
    -Autobello: Piccolina, Stambecco/Autobuggy
    -Cherrier/France: Vivace/Tograc, Ardente, New Semi
    -Soliad: Wendover, Lansdale
    -SP: Dunekicker/Rockbasher
    -FPU/Poland: Wydra

    Except for the DT40L and Dunekicker, none of the first vehicles for these brands are larger than the Grand Marshal. Many of them (like the Covet, Piccolina, and Wydra) are quite small. I wouldn't be surprised if the next brand's vehicle is a large one (since we've gotten many more large ones over the past few years, and they seem to make the devs money), but the devs have tended to start off smaller with new nations and/or brands, then go larger.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  15. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,293
    Say on your life
     
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Multi-Task Drone

    Multi-Task Drone
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2025
    Messages:
    42
    You know, now that I think about it, there's another possibility for a new European map: Spain. A few updates ago, the trailers received some Spanish-written skins, despite the game having nothing hispanic-related, and it has been quite neglected compared to other European countries (a bit like the UK, to be fair). Also, there are as well a few Spanish devs in the developer team (Stenyak amongst them, if I recall correctly).
    Also, Spain has some great variety and roads, depending on the place!
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Fluffy Panda

    Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2020
    Messages:
    1,509
    • Like Like x 2
  18. E32k

    E32k
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2022
    Messages:
    270
  19. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    134

    We see the new truck in more details in this
     
    • Like Like x 7
  20. united.

    united.
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2020
    Messages:
    531
    upload_2026-10-5_18-40-27.png
     
    • Like Like x 12
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice