1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. ClarOnNG

    ClarOnNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2025
    Messages:
    400
    oh, OK :p

    anyway, I wonder what the production years of the new truck will be...
     
  2. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,827
    No, it's been done a few times before, but those were ages ago:

    -Gavril T-Series (0.3.6) -> Gavril Roamer (0.3.8.1)
    -Ibishu 200BX (0.3.8.1) -> '96 Ibishu Pessima (0.4.1.1)
    -ETK K-Series (0.5.6) -> ETK I-Series (0.6)

    Since then, vehicles from the same brand have tended to be released in the same update (see: SPs and Autobuggy/Stambecco (0.27), WL-40/HT-55 (0.38)).

    But yeah, I think it's a bit of a shame that it'll be a Cherrier instead of a Swedish truck. But oh, well - my fault for hoping something like that would happen.

    If we get a Euro van, it'll probably be under ETK, Autobello, or a new brand. ETK's more likely than Autobello, at this point, since they haven't had a new vehicle in a decade.

    Also, I just realized that the devs are starting to give every major car-producing brand a utility vehicle. We got the Stambecco, the Lansdale van, the Nine van/truck, the HT/WL, and now the Percheron/Koheron (or something) for Cherrier. Even Burnside has the utility sedan versions of the Special.
     
    • Like Like x 4
  3. LanciaDelta04

    LanciaDelta04
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2026
    Messages:
    592
    Huh, so it is actually a Cherrier after all. That’s interesting. I haven’t really been active on this thread recently because there’s nothing I wanted answered to talk about, but this is a development worth commenting on. I will say, I’m glad I know what brand it is now, yet I do have mixed feelings.

    while it’s cool that we’re getting another back to back brand release after so long, I’m not sure how to feel about it. I can’t complain too much, because the truck does look cool, but I feel like there was definitely a missed opportunity to introduce a new brand to the game. Sweden has yet to receive a lore-friendly brand, or really even a mod brand aside from Segra. Additionally, ETK definitely could have been given a bit more brand diversity as well.

    This does also raise a final question for me. Now that it’s confirmed to be Cherrier, we’ve certainly gotten a lot of French content recently. We’re also due for a new map this December . Do we think a French map is in the cards? It would be a cool first update after the PS5 release to have a new map, and giving us a French map could give us use for the cherriers and the gendarmerie configs.

    overall, happy, yet thinking there was a missed opportunity lol
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,215
    I genuinely hope Italy gets an expansion/refresh in update 0.40. It needs an update…
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. GavrilMan2973

    GavrilMan2973
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2023
    Messages:
    1,389
    One thing I noticed is that the cable above sways forwards and backwards as the truck is making different turns, which could be a CB Radio cable that has physics, in a similar fashion as the Hirochi WL40 with how it has cables that can be node-grabbed. :D
     
    #83185 GavrilMan2973, Oct 3, 2026 at 12:33 AM
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2026 at 3:45 AM
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Weismaner

    Weismaner
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2024
    Messages:
    49
    it looks a little too old to be based off the T
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. TROPtastic

    TROPtastic
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2014
    Messages:
    163
    Devs hate Sweden, confirmed:(
    sad lingonberry noises
     
    • Like Like x 3
  8. evandman54321

    evandman54321
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2018
    Messages:
    44
    Arn't Renault trucks owned by Volvo since the early 2000's???

    If based off renault trucks wouldn't it trace a line to a mystery Swedish brand or take inspiration from swedish truck features/powertrains? (making up lore at this point)
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    615
    It looks like the dashboard of the Mercedes-Benz Actros MP3
     

    Attached Files:

    • Mercedes-BenzDashboardMP3.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. hey_big

    hey_big
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    Messages:
    197
    blue gauges reminds me of iveco stralis
     
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Zoidberg38538

    Zoidberg38538
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2025
    Messages:
    389
    Renault is owned by Volvo, so technically it’s a Volvo, so I’m semi happy (pun intended)
    If not that then we still get working cab suspension and/or air-ride seat
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  12. TROPtastic

    TROPtastic
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2014
    Messages:
    163
    Definitely making up lore, since it would be much more sensible for the devs to make a real Swedish brand if they cared about referencing Sweden.

    It's cool that we're getting a proper euro semi truck all the same.
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  13. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    527
    I refuse to believe the I is newer than K. Thought it was like one of the very first cars.

    Well in one of the video teasers the front fascia did kind of look like the T from afar but ultimately we'll have to see for ourselves.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,827
    That's a strong possibility, for sure, since at least one of the devs is French and it'd make sense to have that added after a French truck.

    There could be a Swedish version with that different front end (it's quite common practice for trucks from smaller companies to use cabs from bigger ones), but I don't think it's that likely. Looking back at this teaser, I can definitely see the Cherrier badge there on the pre-facelift front end.

    It was part of the original list of vehicles that were modeled by Gabester back in 2012-2014, but it was released after the K-Series. The latest vehicle to be released from Gabe's original run was the Wendover, in 0.22 (2021).
     
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    615
    I noticed there is the gear indicator in the upper left of the screen showing "5H".
     
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. toyota.potato

    toyota.potato
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2022
    Messages:
    1,286
    The manual might be similar to the T series with a 6-speed splitter
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    458
    5 High, as in high or low, probably
     
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    615
    That could be a 12 speed manual, or a 16 speed manual with two splitters, the gearbox controller only using the first four speeds and the reverse one.
     
  19. Man_in_Black

    Man_in_Black
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2024
    Messages:
    299
    I hope there's lighting in the towns but the more rural roads and steep narrow roads wouldn't look correct with them, I hope the devs keep those roads dark instead of just deciding to light up the whole map.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,287
    Damn it im so late to the teaser.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice