1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. ClarOnNG

    ClarOnNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2025
    Messages:
    400
    I wish this forum had the Comic Sans MS font
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Kuube

    Kuube
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2021
    Messages:
    216
    Wait, font change is real or you guys messing with us? 0_o

    I have been messed with...
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    I will say, I don't think thats happening at all lol. Would be controversial and could be traumatic (unless you Turbo Dismount it I guess, but it would not fit the tone of the game imo). Thats also probably why we're never getting bikes imo. They need a player character to even work correctly.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Cookiehead

    Cookiehead
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2023
    Messages:
    530
    no, that's usually if your wifi is slow or something (in my experience)
    if they really were updating the forums, you would see a big "This site is under maintenance" or something
     
    • Like Like x 2
  5. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    529
    You guys only now telling me I coulda been typing in Verdana this whole time???
     
    • Like Like x 3
  6. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,827
    Yeah, I agree. Even though this would be the first year that I could reasonably expect the devs to miss the December period, I doubt they would want to. Of the top 15 most popular updates, six of them (0.34, 0.21, 0.11, 0.31, 0.27, and 0.38) are winter updates. The latter three are all in the top-five. And the only winter update to not increase the peak playercount was 0.15. Winter updates also tend to raise the average by a significant margin - and for much longer than updates in other periods. 0.38 maintained monthly peaks above 0.37's peak (32,320) for five months - and maintained at least 1,000 more average players every month.

    Meanwhile, 0.39's daily peaks have gone back down to 30K or below just 15 days after its 47K peak. And it now has an average player count that's barely any higher than 0.38 in December (21,194 vs. 20,838). (January 2026 had an even higher average player count, at 21,524 players.) So, yeah, I do think we'll get a December update, simply because it's their most profitable update period by far.

    Right, all of that makes sense. I made a post in the Covet thread about why the MR Turbo Covet was likely chosen over a 5-door or a sedan or any number of other versions. TL;DR: It's a significantly different vehicle to drive without needing to have the cabin altered. That's probably also why the devs have gotten big into trucks in the past four years. They can have huge numbers of frames with few new cabins, and there's a lot more gameplay potential with these trucks than there is in another '80s FWD sedan or '90s FR sports coupe.

    Yeah, it was most likely to tie in with the eclipse (and since the devs' office is in Germany, the ETK map was used to represent it). I'm not sure if the ETK map will actually get an expansion (as cool as that would be - I would know). The devs have only properly expanded a map once (Gridmap, from 1x1 to 2x2) - the other "expansions" were either filling in space (Derby, Hirochi, ECA, Italy) or building on top of empty land (WCA, new Industrial (the old Port used to have a huge amount of empty space behind it)). The ETK map has some empty land in it, but that's mostly mountains.

    It would make sense to me for the devs to make the ETK map larger, to tie in with the Euro semi. And it easily could be larger - there's already the mountains that can be built around, and two main roads to make longer. And recently, the devs have been doing updates to maps other than WCA recently (see: HR's dragstrip in 0.35, Italy's quarry in 0.38), so there is precedent for it. But I could easily see the devs thinking that they don't need to bother with ETK when Italy exists (and a new map is in development).

    I think the biggest issue is that we know barely anything about what the map devs do outside of WCA. Whereas new vehicles and remasters are released almost every update, we haven't had a map remaster in more than three years. Most of the current maps get little more than foliage changes or new bus stops every once in a while.
     
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cutlass

    Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2017
    Messages:
    3,546
    Its weird they'd post something like that and its not any sort of teaser, they've never done that and I don't understand the point, besides it referring to the recent eclipse
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ghost_cauli

    ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2022
    Messages:
    1,433
    They are flexing with how complex the new sky model is, that's it
     
    • Agree Agree x 18
  9. Dwoge

    Dwoge
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2024
    Messages:
    416
    marketing is everything
     
    • Agree Agree x 6
  10. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    615
    I would like a 4 doors with a bed and a gooseneck attach, to have a competitor of the Gavril D-series
     
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,577
    They've done some random posts before, like the wallpapers. I think they were just doing a fun little marketing thing. Which is a good way to show off the last update and keep people talking
     
    • Agree Agree x 15
  12. DEMVN

    DEMVN
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2023
    Messages:
    47
    How to use MD series with gooseneck when goosneck trailer is too low?
     

    Attached Files:

    • upload_2026-8-16_16-15-38.png
  13. JugHandler

    JugHandler
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2025
    Messages:
    7
    use the node grabber and pull the gooseneck onto the hitch
     
  14. Jimmy_James

    Jimmy_James
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2022
    Messages:
    135
    You can adjust trailer hitch height in the trailer tuning menu
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  15. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,287
    Teaser
     

    Attached Files:

    • IMG_7675.jpeg
    • Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    529
    2 minutes ago is crazy work
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,215
    I guess the PS5 release is coming more sooner than we expect (that's just assuming, I'm probably wrong)...
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    615
    Or you can ajust the trailer's height with the buttons on the front side of the trailer. With two buttons on the right of the panel control, you can ajust the height with the buttons Up and Down ; Down will extend the height of the trailer.
    --- Post updated ---
    I think it will come on PS5 the same date of the 0.40. It's a little strange to have a teaser on sunday.
     
    #82358 Métronome, Aug 16, 2026
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2026
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. TLevi

    TLevi
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2021
    Messages:
    222
    What does this teaser mean? That the ps5 version is working? Or that its close to relase, which I highly doubt.:p
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,215
    I’m still confused on why it’s a teaser, yet it doesn’t really tease anything. It just shows a picture taken on the PS5 version.
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice