1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. GoblinGreenGuy

    GoblinGreenGuy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2025
    Messages:
    606
    mid March to mid May
    Applying for a BeamNG job?
    I looked at the Location its near Seatle. What could this mean..?
     
  2. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    458
    https://us.trabajo.org/job-972-4f39...m_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic

    "console porting"

    "To support our ongoing and future development plans, we are seeking a Senior Porting Programmer with extensive experience in porting custom engines to console platforms."

    "You will take ownership of porting projects, ensuring seamless adaptation of our engine to various consoles while maintaining high performance and reliability. ResponsibilitiesPort custom engines for console platforms, focusing on programming rather than asset modification."

    Edit: according to the ad, BeamNG now has over 90 employees. That's a strong team that has definitely expanded in the last couple of years. I would bet the devs have a lot of big things cookin' in the oven
     
    #76902 ShakeandBake, Feb 8, 2026
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2026
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. GoblinGreenGuy

    GoblinGreenGuy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2025
    Messages:
    606
  4. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,287
    If so thats pretty cool. I assume that would happen at the same time as a graphics update (assuming the video is teasing that
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,215
    If it is even a teaser, I can assume we're getting ray-tracing for BeamNG update 0.39. I hope it doesn't affect GPU's that much since I'm building a PC with an RTX 5070 Ti.
     
  6. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,287
    I hope they are teasing that, and optimizing the game some more + hopper update
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. GoblinGreenGuy

    GoblinGreenGuy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2025
    Messages:
    606
    I hope so too :I
    Exactly what I want :p
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    458
    The ad listing is like 2 days old. I think it'll be a hot minute before they can port to console with a bug-free experience.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,287
    I didn’t say it would be this update. The graphics maybe though
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brother_Dave

    Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,777
    Vulkan seems stable enough to inject the gfx updates theyve been talking about keeping on the backburner, due to Vulkan bugs. I sure hope it is ❤️
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OTL™

    OTL™
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2024
    Messages:
    174
    man im starvin for sum teasers:rolleyes:
     
    • Agree Agree x 6
  12. SUBARUWRXSTI 2002

    SUBARUWRXSTI 2002
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2026
    Messages:
    190
    Since I’ve had beam I’ve been wanting dirt on cars when you go in a swamp or something and dust and water effects when you drive in water, and paint scratches so I’m hoping they will add this as soon as possible, it would add a lot more realism, Forza horizon 5 has really nice effects on water mud+
     
    • Like Like x 1
  13. XTreaserX

    XTreaserX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2017
    Messages:
    774
    but why would we need a graphics update. the game already looks really good but of with poor performance at higher level
     
  14. ghost_cauli

    ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2022
    Messages:
    1,433
    Honestly I feel like it's more about porting the original Dx version to Vulcan OR to a completely new engine rather than porting the current game to consoles.

    Considering how problematic the engine is, I really doubt they would want to port it to any other platform. It would make much more sense to instead port the game to an engine that already supports both PC and consoles (i.e. Unreal).


    Cold take: the game uses an ancient lighting system which is terribly slow and doesn't even look good. We currently have games with insanely more complex lighting that look and perform better (i.e. Cyberpunk even with raster lighting).

    Which is why I'm hoping the above is about moving BeamNG to a new engine.
     
  15. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,287
    Beamng really needs a graphics update, it looks very outdated compared to many modern games, and its quite the turn off for many people
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. DaddelZeit

    DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2019
    Messages:
    3,652
    Why? Improving what is already there is a much more ergonomic and honestly simpler solution than switching engines entirely.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. SUBARUWRXSTI 2002

    SUBARUWRXSTI 2002
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2026
    Messages:
    190
    Yes like with fh6 coming soon beamNG looks nothing like it with the graphics
     
  18. dmcmaniac

    dmcmaniac
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2024
    Messages:
    324
    but people have to remember BeamNG is still an indie project a big one but still indie and your comparing it to literally FORZA so there's obv gonna be some differences also i think beam for now can't handle graphics like that cause its not necessarily made to handle that considering how unstable the game could be at times
    --- Post updated ---
    IF they get it done tho its definitely a welcome addition to the game but i dont think it will be this next update
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Garage13

    Garage13
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2025
    Messages:
    201
    beamng will still outshine forza when it comes to physics
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    458
    100 percent.

    it’s a custom game engine with limitations, yea, but advantages as well. It’s realistic physics at 2000hz. All these forza comparisons; these games are not created equal.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice