1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. YellowRusty

    YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2016
    Messages:
    1,241
    I do get why a lot of people on the forums are getting very excited - we generally don't see teasers of this nature, with in-game glimpses of new vehicles no-less, outside of times when an update is generally imminent within the week.

    And to be fair to that viewpoint, there is such a thing as a dev team that teases, builds hype, and then doesn't deliver in a timely manner (See: Scrap Mechanic, currently two years past the promised date for the next major update to the central survival mode, with the last teaser having been dropped in March of 2023 showing new areas and enemies) - but that's absolutely not a problem that applies to the BeamNG.Drive development team. As far as I'm concerned, they're the gold standard for developer transparency.

    I mean, I've been here since 2016, and I've never once seen a major promise get broken around here - or an issue allowed to fester for long enough to become a problem without the community being informed.

    So: Everybody relax a little. Go do your Christmas shopping early. Bake some cookies. Vacuum the floor. Read the fanfiction. Based on past performance, the update will be here soon.
     
    • Agree Agree x 16
  2. Helloanne

    Helloanne
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2024
    Messages:
    74
    Honestly, I'll be happy no matter what time this update releases.
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
  3. retrotoaster

    retrotoaster
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2020
    Messages:
    780
    Fully agree, sometimes it's best to stay light on teasers just in case something causes a delay. Everything looks amazing regardless, do take your guys' time to give it the finishing touches!
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. gtaman788

    gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1,181
    SO what i get from this is this,


    That maybe we will get SOME of the update in dec, BUT some later in a hot fix.?

    Wasent this what they did back in 2021? that is if i remember correctly
     
    • Like Like x 2
  5. pigeonperson

    pigeonperson
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2023
    Messages:
    1,153
    did just vacuum my floor lol.
     
  6. Brother_Dave

    Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,777
    Id say it was the bunch of teaser at a time when a update is very likely what caused the extra hype. I believe releasing teasers over a longer period is something else and wouldnt lead to the communitys reaction it did this time. I can admit i really would like to see more teasers or rather short snippets of progress if so just a teasing screenshot, in between updates, that way everyone can see you're working on stuff instead of just conspiraing away. Transparency is key and that is exactly what your communications are here and now.
     
  7. Helloanne

    Helloanne
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2024
    Messages:
    74
    I could see that working well if whatever problems the devs are having behind the scenes don't affect the main content. (The 2 new vehicles, map expansions, etc)
     
    • Like Like x 2
  8. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    The BeamNG community isn't too different from the Smash Bros. community when you think about it lmao
     
    • Like Like x 2
  9. SAEN

    SAEN
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2023
    Messages:
    492
    However, I still think it is a great blending agent to release some teasers properly.:p

    In this way, developers can quickly and intuitively understand the feedback and opinions of players.Even players can put forward some more professional suggestions and materials for development projects, which is great! Players and developers build updated content together.
     
  10. gtaman788

    gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1,181
    Sorry to post so much, BUT as i said, i dont care if the update is next year, i hope the team ( all of them ) are ok

    unless he means the game progress is not ideal, BUT then if the game has bugs that would be stressful on mental health,


    I hope the team are going as well as can be :)

    maybe its time to check some good mods out and or play more of the lovely 1930s nine i love that car lol, mostly the flat head 4.
     

    Attached Files:

    • bandicam2025-12-1015-56-21-862.jpg
  11. HybridRooDragon

    HybridRooDragon
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2024
    Messages:
    467
    If it makes @tdev happy. Me and over several million others are fighting to make the world a better place right now... And that number is rapidly growing... I hope that him and all the other devs see this and take a deep breath and have a bit of joy to run off of and power through the rest of this year. Its been DIFFICULT for everyone. I just want the devs to know they arent alone and I may sound like a broken record for saying this but never give up and fight for whats right
     
    • Like Like x 2
  12. gtaman788

    gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1,181
    me likes leaks :D
     

    Attached Files:

    • bandicam2025-12-1017-08-31-113.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  13. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,827
    upload_2025-12-10_1-10-0.png

    Hmmm...

    EDIT: Got ninja'd by GTAMan.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. gtaman788

    gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1,181
    Legit sorry about that, BUT me thinks update is closer then i was thinking, i was thinking next week or 2026 tbh :)
    So this is awesome news :)
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Retro257

    Retro257
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2021
    Messages:
    87
    I guess that “teaser” is actually a dune confirmed by tdev
     
  16. HybridRooDragon

    HybridRooDragon
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2024
    Messages:
    467
    Its a balancing act thats hard to master
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Miura22402

    Miura22402
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2025
    Messages:
    110
    I thought it was the top of the haul truck haha

    Like the part of the bed that's above the cab
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. HybridRooDragon

    HybridRooDragon
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2024
    Messages:
    467
    Im keeping my mouth shut as to what I think this update is or when its coming out. I feel like I knocked the devs all off balance with my theories and probably struck too close to exactly what the update is. Im gonna keep quiet from now on when teasers appear. I hope everyone fights for whats right and doesnt give up and that everyone has a good rest of the year
     
    • Like Like x 1
  19. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,827
    upload_2025-12-10_3-1-7.png

    To be fair, this could be trolling.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. Retro257

    Retro257
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2021
    Messages:
    87
    yeah it could be that too
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice