I'm willing to bet that means that blue is a rally stage and red is the road section between the different stages (we're getting full length rallies)
Thank you! And this dedication was sparked by my curiosity! E.g., why the T-Series doesn't move and stalls at once when I let off the brakes (for safety reasons, because of the air pressure having to build up to a point where the system unlocks the brake shoes and stops buzzing/retracts the "LOW AIR" sign)! Or why the Wydra doesn't/can't turn when being still (because the clutch receives torque from the engine and tries its best to get the car going, but the tires show resistance, which leads to the clutch burning from friction)! Or why the Scintilla has 'open differentials' (they're open, yes, but their electronic control varies the amount of locking, depending on the driving mode, and directs the torque wherever needed, using the brakes when necessary)! Or why I hear the brakes squealing slightly on modern cars while having the ESC & TC off and spinning the wheels (because of the aforementioned electronic control of the differentials and the torque vectoring by braking, which can end up eating the brake pads and warping the brake discs)! In short, BeamNG is a source of endless discovery! --- Post updated --- Thanks man, much appreciated!
Sometimes I open Beam just to look at suspension and driveshafts , or time how long a certain car needs to warm up from a cold start
As the new wheel loader will be BeamNG's first official articulated vehicle, there are a few areas that I'm curious to see how they'll address. Orbitrol Steering Valve Mechanics This is a hydraulic component used to control the steering cylinders (high pressure) with the input from the steering wheel hydraulic system (low pressure). It essentially acts as a relay, allowing for zero force feedback through the steering wheel and full hydraulic pressure to actuate the steering to reach the desired angle. As the steering will not be mechanically linked to the steering wheel, FFB will not be taken from Jbeam Hydros, so some FFB modifications will likely be needed to allow for just a bit of friction to be applied passively to the FFB wheelbase for this vehicle. For keyboard and controller, there will probably need to be an addition to allow for very slow steering angle centering when accelerating. The base feature already exists to hold steering angle when stopped and gradually return to centre when taking off, but it will need to be much slower for a vehicle of this size. Again, I'm so hyped, keep cooking Devs!!!
I think we will still have FFB for engine vibration, terrain,... it will more be a vibration thing to make the vehicle feel alive
Hmm, I can't find it right now. It was probably related to the T-series, maybe PTO controls or something?
Yep, I do things like that too! For example, measuring how long a distance a passenger diesel car (like the FCV Vivace 110d, although my favorites are the ETK 856x 260d and 846tt/856ttx 310d) can go on a liter of fuel on cruise control at 100kph/62mph, plus how much can it go on the second liter, when acceleration is out of the equation! Suspension kinematics is also something that leaves me speechless, especially with the off roaders! I've also developed a soft spot for trucking, having made a custom V8-powered T-Series with the Race Turbocharger/Race Long Block/4000rpm limiter combo (plus a 20lb, 250kW-shot LOL bottle thrown in for taste), the Airbag Tridem rear axle, the Conventional Aero cab and the longest frame combo to get a fifth wheel! Fitted with all the bells and whistles of the parts selector, like a typical trucker would do! The only thing missing is the sleeper window covers. The Cabover Aero cab has these, but the Conventional Aero cab does not! Please devs, add them to the Conventional Aero cab as well!